Air Asia Complaints

I know it is unlikely to get anywhere but I am trying to get some action out of Air Asia.briefly, they replaced a ticket purchased online where the name was incorrect (I booked two seats for my wife rather than one for each of us). They agreed to refund one and I bought a new one for me alone. The refund has never hit my credit card and I have now sent three e-mails to customer services with no reply to any.I am looking for an alternate email address, possibly a complaints departmentany ideas?

Maybe calling them is better than e-mail. If issue is not resolved you have 60 days to FIle a dispute with your credit card company.

Thanks for that. I just know the issues I faced taying to call them and even discuss with them when I was in an AIR ASIA country. Now back in New Zealand it would be a nightmare.

I doubt the dispute would hold water as all payments were authorised by me. It was just that they agreed to refund if I bought a third ticket so I think there would be little the card company could actually do

thanks anyway

T

As a weekly commuter on Air Asia and a veteran of hundreds of flights I can tell you this:

1. There is no contactable customer service department devoted to resolving problems. I'm not writing hyperbollicaly. There is quite simply no such thing at Air Asia.

2. They usually (90%) will not respond to complaint emails or emails rquesting refunds or information about refunds.

3. They sometimes do not do refunds on international credit cards even when they agree that a refund is due. After several years as a customer, I've developed a phone and email relationship with someone at Air Asia who has the authority to transfer the money due to my local bank account. That's what it takes!

4. All of the above said, it's possible that in a 6 months or a year from now the credit will pop up.

Now the next post is going to be from someone saying how great Air Asia is and how its a budget airline and you get what you pay for..... You can make your own decision.

As a regular user I include lost refunds (even when they agree that problem was a mistake on their part) as a part of doing business with them and I appreciate the low, low advance fares and the pretty staff!

Edited by ricklev

Yes, I will respond with the mostly positive story about AirAsia:

- They are a budget airline and their website / documentation does clearly state that on-line transactions are final.

- They do have a telephone line, I have called it, and have encountered courteous staff who listen and respond as much as possibe (within the contract you/I have freely entered into).

- Their 'live' staff at their several small offices are very well trained, very knowledgeable, good listeners, polite and have no hesitation to call the appropriate person and get action where possible (I use their office upstairs at Lotus Rama 1 Bkk).

- Some months ago I booked a travel/hotel package which included breakfast. But the confirmation e.mail didn't mention breakfast. I called their telephone number (in Bkk)the lady listened well and politely agreed that the confirmation should mention breakfast. She said she would call back as quickly as possible and she did, 30 minutes later, to say she had e.mailed the hotel and got their confirmation about breakfast, she had also arranged for the AirAsia confirmation letter to be amended and whilst we were talking on the phone the amended confirmation e.mailed came, with the amendment.

She also thanked me for pointing out that there was a failing within their systems to add the breakfast to the confirmation e.mail.

- I already double check everything, I called the hotel, they confirmed that they had just shared e.mails with AirAsia and confirmed that breakfast was included.

I just wanted to ring in on the positive comments in your posting. My experience is similar with a double booking mistake made on the website and the polite, efficient manner in which the refund was handled to my credit card company. It did take two billing cycles to clear, but that is fast compared to some other "services" from companies. Air Asia planes have been clean, comfortable, and amazingly on time and I fly with them about 4 trips a year is all though. My earlier complaint of "cattle stampede" seating was taken care of when they assigned seats. Their Go Holiday packages are terrific and so far in using these packages for 5 years now, never had a confirmation that was not honored, nor prices misquoted, nor felt cheated in anyway. I only wish they had even more destinations. What a great advantage we have to travel in SE Asia with them. Sounds like a commercial, but compared with traveling in the US when I lived there, this is great!

Yes, I will respond with the mostly positive story about AirAsia:

- They are a budget airline and their website / documentation does clearly state that on-line transactions are final.

- They do have a telephone line, I have called it, and have encountered courteous staff who listen and respond as much as possibe (within the contract you/I have freely entered into).

- Their 'live' staff at their several small offices are very well trained, very knowledgeable, good listeners, polite and have no hesitation to call the appropriate person and get action where possible (I use their office upstairs at Lotus Rama 1 Bkk).

- Some months ago I booked a travel/hotel package which included breakfast. But the confirmation e.mail didn't mention breakfast. I called their telephone number (in Bkk)the lady listened well and politely agreed that the confirmation should mention breakfast. She said she would call back as quickly as possible and she did, 30 minutes later, to say she had e.mailed the hotel and got their confirmation about breakfast, she had also arranged for the AirAsia confirmation letter to be amended and whilst we were talking on the phone the amended confirmation e.mailed came, with the amendment.

She also thanked me for pointing out that there was a failing within their systems to add the breakfast to the confirmation e.mail.

- I already double check everything, I called the hotel, they confirmed that they had just shared e.mails with AirAsia and confirmed that breakfast was included.

My experience with Air Asia does not match your observation. Most of Air Asia fleet is quite new or brand new and in terrific shape compared to the planes from Northwest or United Airlines that I was recently on.

Seeing the age of those planes reminds me of the one sticking out of Ripleys.Brave Men fly Cattle Class

Seeing the age of those planes reminds me of the one sticking out of Ripleys.Brave Men fly Cattle Class

are you kidding ?

AIR ASIA MALAYSIA has the newest fleet of any Airline in Asia, be it a no-frills-carrier or a legacy-carrier.

THAI AIR ASIA still had a few older B-737, but they are being phased out quickly, as new A-320 arrive almost every month. Thai AirAsia had 4 brandnew A-320 delivered between May and July 2010. a faster pace is hardly possible..... if you want to experience really old aircraft, refer to Thai Airways International, Nok Air, and - of course - the notorious "Orient Thai"....

your way out of touch, Air asia aircraft are immaculate, The last five times i have used them from BKK to Phuket i have been on a brand new Airbus 320.

are you kidding ?

AIR ASIA MALAYSIA has the newest fleet of any Airline in Asia, be it a no-frills-carrier or a legacy-carrier.

THAI AIR ASIA still had a few older B-737, but they are being phased out quickly, as new A-320 arrive almost every month. Thai AirAsia had 4 brandnew A-320 delivered between May and July 2010. a faster pace is hardly possible..... if you want to experience really old aircraft, refer to Thai Airways International, Nok Air, and - of course - the notorious "Orient Thai"....

don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge.

wandrinstar has obviously never seen an Air Asia 'plane.

are you kidding ?

are you kidding ?

don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge.

wandrinstar has obviously never seen an Air Asia 'plane.

Ive been terrified of Budget Airlines since one flight on Nok Air,or anything maintained Thai Style

really ???

my on line transaction, with air asia was not final .

they accepted my booking , and later i recieved e mail

from them stating , my original flight had been cancelled ,

and i had been transferred onto a flight the next day .

so much for onward travel .. never again .

i could not have a refund , because i paid by debit card .

i could not have a refund , because i paid by debit card .

Wonder why they wouldn't give you a refund because you paid by debit card, surly that should make no difference?

I have had a few dealing with AA Customer Services, which in the main have been positive.

I booked a 0 Baht fare to Bali and a couple of weeks before departure I noted a typo in my girlfriends name on the booking, thinking she could be denied boarding or at least be required to book another ticket I called their Customer Services for advice, with the expectation that they would refuse to alter the ticket, however they corrected the name on the ticket without question and free of charge.

Like you we had flights cancelled for outward and return flights to Krabi, I suspect fewer people flying, and were put on alternative flights the same day. The flight times were not that convienient so I called to change them, they were very helpful on the phone and changed the flights without charge, admit I would have been miffed if they had wanted to charge in these circumstances.

Had booked flights to Singapore, again 0 Baht but we paid the taxes, had a change of plan so didn't go. Thought I would try and get the taxes back, sent three emails to the relevant department all of which were ignored, spoke to the girl on the desk at Suvarnabhumi Airport when we were passing through, she smiled and told me that it's a waste of time trying to get a response by email, she processed the refund on the spot and it was credited to my credit card in about a week.

I think it's the luck of the draw dealing with them, but it seems emails are a waste of time and a phone call might get results.

I agree with "elliss" I would think long and hard before I used them for a flight to meet onward travel.

All well and good,but its still risky if you need to connect to a long haul home.Penny Wise Pound Foolish.

I agree entirely, hence my remark:

I agree with "elliss" I would think long and hard before I used them for a flight to meet onward travel.

I think that if you read their T&C's, that they state they are a 'point to point' carrier which, in airline parlance, means they don't guarantee connections to their other flights (or anybody else's flights either). I haven't recently read AA's T&C's, but I have Tigers, and that's what they stated.

When I was flying for a living I was constantly surprised how often we were delayed waiting for connecting pax. It wasn't unusual for people to book a flight with only an hour between arriving on a domestic flight into Sydney and the departure of an interantional flight; delays by ATC inbound, different terminal, traffic delays enroute, checkin delays, etc., really dictated a minimum of 3-4 hours should be allowed.

When I transit through Asia, international to domestic, I prefer to have a 24 hour turnaround. If I'm arriving from, say CM, I would want several hours and a couple of flights CM-BGK to play with just in case of delays.

Provided you give it some thought theoldgit, using AA to connect to onward flights is OK, but not a tight connection.

elliss, I think they're having a go at you. If that's the case, they could schedule flights, cancel them and give no refunds. It would be the ultimate low cost carrier, in fact almost no costs, even no need to own aircraft. I'd be chasing that refund if I were you.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Not seeing the age of those planes is a lot worse.:blink:

One of the newest fleets in the air. Average age between 2.7 years and 3.2 years.

Please look:

http://www.planespot...irAsia?show=all

or

http://www.airfleets...tte/AirAsia.htm

Why do people do this??

I do experienced good respond from Thai AA, during the PAD invaded the airport I recieved a SMS informing that my flight was cancelled. I contacted them by phone and the customer service staff politely informed me that I could change the travel date or a refund. I opted for refund after about 1 month I received the credit to my credit card account.

About 3 months ago, I booked a flight from Bangkok to Chiangmai, before the travel date they informed me that the flight I booked was cancelled and I called them to change my flight to an earlier flight, it was free of charge. I have not experienced any problem with Thai AA. I hope Thai AA would keep their good service. : :)

what are you babbling about? they have one of the newest fleet of Airbus A320 anywhere in the world .... still have a couple of Boeing 737 -200 but selling them as we speak

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back to the original posting.

It took a few emails and reminders, but Air Asia made the refund to my credit card with a message of apology for it taking so long.

A bit of effort from me in making contact but full marks to them for making the payment, I had written it off.

One thing for sure, I will never use Airasia again. They are simply the most dissipative airline, you start with very cheap and by the time you finish paying for bag, seats net to each other, etc. etc. the price is the same if not more expansive than a regular airline with regular fare. I think everyone should do their homework before purchasing Airasia ticket

• 2 weeks later...

One thing for sure, I will never use Airasia again. They are simply the most dissipative airline, you start with very cheap and by the time you finish paying for bag, seats net to each other, etc. etc. the price is the same if not more expansive than a regular airline with regular fare. I think everyone should do their homework before purchasing Airasia ticket

Budget airline?

Date of travel BKK-SIN-BKK on 16 Oct and return 21 Oct . Flight departing around 10am cost Bt9.6k for a return ticket with 20kg checkin baggage.

Got the same from Cathay at Bt8.3k which includes free onflight meals and drinks.

Edited by trogers

OP, I've had very similar experience.

Last year I booked Phuket/KL/Gold Coast. I was to fly out in the afternoon but realised my flight to KL was to land AFTER my flight to GC (yes well done einstein).

I go to nearest agent in Phuket and book an earlier flight. Top speed to the airport and checked in. whilst waiting to board I go to the air asia desk and ask about a refund. Girl tells me there are no refunds. I tell her that the cost of flight is not refunded but the taxes are. She agrees but says that she cannot refund in cash but will refund into my card. I give her the details.

2 months goes by and nothing. I call (yes you can call) Air Asia and explain what happened. The guy was very helpful and said the money would be in my account in 6 weeks (I think that was the time frame). Another few months goes by and nothing.

I call again and we agree that instead of money going into my card they will put a credit into their system to be used against my next booking.

1 week later the credit is in the system. All good, or is it.

3 months later I look at some flights and go to book. Nothing, credit gone. I send an email no response. I then send another email accusing them of stealing and get a response saying my complaint has been moved up a level.

It is now about a year and nothing further heard from them.

The amount is miniscule and nothing to worry about but it just grates on me that they deemed it their money to take out of MY account.

Bloody thieves. :D

Edited by Wallaby