Singapore

Tried a search without any luck so,

I am doing a run to Singapore in September for a 90 day stamp (Multi O ) will be staying 3 days can someone who has been before confirm that British and Thai Nationals do not need a "Social Visit Pass" to enter Singapore or if they do are the applications given out on the plane (Air Asia) or upon arrival at the airport in Singapore?

An aside got a good deal with Air Asia 2143 baht return from Bangkok including all taxes/ins etc (but excluding 500 baht dep tax from Thailand)...........when you consider its 2000baht on a visa run bus to Cambodia its not bad!

Booked into the Royal Plaza Hotel on Orchard Road 5 Star @ $120 US a night.............including breakfast for 2 people and free mini-bar everyday value S$48 .

Thanks in advance................. :o

You will both receive stamps on arrival just as you receive in Thailand when you arrive without a visa.

Correct - but just to elaborate (and answer your question), you are given a card on the plane before arrival which you are to fill in and hand in with your passport at immmigration. Cross off "tourist" or "visiting friends/relatives" for purpose of visit.

Thai women are sometimes screened a bit more carefully by immigration, since there are hundreds of Thai prostitues operating illegally in Singapore, while officially being there as "tourists". If your travel companion is Thai, she may be asked to show proof that she has enough money to support herself while in country - tell her to dress sensebly, and there should be no problems.

The first time my wife visited Singapore, she got a craving for Thai food on the first day (I am sure there are other here who have had this happening to them!). If this befalls you - take her/him to the Golden Mile Complex in Beach Road, a proper Mini-Siam, if you ever saw one - packed with Thais on Sundays.

Have a good trip! Singapore is a fun place to visit!

Entry Requirements

All visitors need to go through immigration clearance on arrival at Singapore.

Visitors need to satisfy the following requirements before they are allowed to enter:

Passport valid for at least 6 months.

Confirmed onward/return tickets.

Sufficient fund to maintain themselves during their stay in Singapore.

Visa, if applicable.

Entry facilities, including visas, to their onward destinations.

The granting of social visit passes to visitors will be determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at Singapore checkpoints.

Visitors are advised to check their passports/travel documents for arrival endorsements before they leave the checkpoint.

Visitors are advised to take note of the number of days of stay given in the social visit pass in order not to overstay. It is a punishable offence to overstay in Singapore beyond the number of days given. For example, if you arrived on 1st January, you can stay in Singapore until 15th January for a 14-day pass or 31st January for a 30-day pass.

Women who are 6 months or more than 6 months pregnant and intend to enter Singapore for social visit, should make prior application through the nearest Singapore overseas mission.

All visitors on social visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of paid employment or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore.

Frequently Asked Questions

General:

Can I apply for a visa upon arrival at the checkpoint?

No, application for a visa has to be done prior to arrival in Singapore

Can I enter Singapore if I am in an advanced stage of pregnancy?

Women who are at least 6 months pregnant and intend to enter Singapore for social visit should make prior application through the nearest Singapore overseas mission. Those who are wives of Singapore citizens/permanent residents should show proof of their relationship e.g. marriage certificate. Women who are not in an advanced stage of pregnancy and wish to visit Singapore should produce official medical certificates/letters from doctors indicating their stage of pregnancy.

Permanent Residents:

Can a Singapore permanent resident continue to use the re-entry permit endorsed in his expired/cancelled passport by producing it together with a new passport?

He will be allowed entry as a permanent resident. However, it is advisable that he brings both his old and new passports to the Permanent Resident Services Centre, 5th Storey, ICA Building, to transfer the re-entry permit endorsement from the old passport to the new one. Otherwise, he will be inconvenienced each time he returns to Singapore.

I am a Singapore permanent resident. My re-entry permit has expired. Can I still enter Singapore as a permanent resident?

You will be treated as a normal social visitor if your re-entry permit has expired. You will be granted a social visit pass if you meet the entry requirements.

Land Checkpoints:

Why must a motorcyclist remove his helmet before the ICA officer as this will slow down clearance?

Removing the helmet helps to facilitate a proper face-to-face check by the ICA officer. To speed up the clearance process, motorcyclists are advised to remove their helmets when they are next in line. This will cut down time spent during clearance.

Can I enter Tuas Checkpoint by foot?

As Tuas Checkpoint is designated as a vehicular checkpoint, entry by foot is not allowed.

I wish to travel by car using the land checkpoints. How do I find out the traffic situation?

You can obtain traffic information at the land checkpoints by calling the 24-hour Check Tips (Checkpoint Traffic Information Phone-in System) at Tel: 68630117. Alternatively, you can obtain traffic information through SMS by sending *112 which is chargeable.

Seamen:

If I am a sign-off seaman, can I proceed to Singapore Cruise Centre for clearance?

Only sign-off crew from Outside Port Limit may proceed to Singapore Cruise Centre for clearance. Sign-off crew from anchorages should proceed to Clifford Pier or West Coast Pier for clearance.

Tried  a  search  without  any  luck  so,

I  am  doing  a  run  to  Singapore  in  September  for  a  90  day  stamp  (Multi  O )  will  be  staying  3  days  can  someone  who  has  been  before  confirm  that  British  and  Thai  Nationals  do  not  need  a  "Social  Visit  Pass"  to  enter  Singapore  or  if  they  do  are  the  applications  given  out  on  the  plane  (Air  Asia)  or  upon  arrival  at  the  airport  in  Singapore?

An  aside  got  a  good  deal  with  Air  Asia  2143 baht  return  from  Bangkok  including  all  taxes/ins  etc  (but  excluding  500 baht dep tax  from  Thailand)...........when  you  consider  its  2000baht  on  a  visa  run  bus  to  Cambodia  its  not  bad!

Booked  into  the  Royal  Plaza  Hotel  on  Orchard  Road  5  Star  @  $120 US  a  night.............including  breakfast  for  2 people  and  free  mini-bar  everyday  value S$48 .

Thanks  in  advance................. :o

Hi thaiflyer1

If you need more information please visit this web : http://www.customs.gov.sg/travel/maintravel.html

Have a nice holiday. :D