Overstay.

How do I do to get an easy way out of my overstay? I have about 11 months overstay.

Is there any laywer who can make it for me and what will it cost me?

What should I tell the Embassy if I want a new passport?

What will I get in punishment for this??

Thanks in advance for answers.

How do I do to get an easy way out of my overstay?  I have about 11 months overstay.

11 months?? I hate to say it, but you are a sad muppet!!! :D:o

You can exit at airport or any border point in Thailand. Bring 20K and just smile. If the boys in brown get you before the border you are in deep trouble.

More about overstay:

http://www.thaivisa.com/303.0.html

If the OP had a pre booked flight ticket and was caught, would there be leniency.. due to the fact that he was in fact intending to leave....albeit 11 months too late... ?

totster :o

You can exit at airport or any border point in Thailand. Bring 20K and just smile. If the boys in brown get you before the border you are in deep trouble.

More about overstay:

Thanks all for quck answers.

My passpot is in bad condition, and the page with the photo is more or less separeted from the rest. Will this be a problem to get in to Singapore?

More about overstay:

If the OP had a pre booked flight ticket and was caught, would there be leniency.. due to the fact that he was in fact intending to leave....albeit 11 months too late... ?

totster :o

If you have arrived at the border/airport the Immigration will not make problems unless you do. Pay and smile. Drive careful to your point of exit.

Thanks all for quick answers.

My passpot is in bad condition, and the page with the photo is more or less separeted from the rest. Will this be a problem to get in to Singapore?

Singapore Immigration is a bit harder then Thai Immigration for example. What nationality are you?

Realthaiperson is correct.

You will get a 20,000 Baht fine.

Best to fly out, however no problem to fly back into Thailand the same day.

www.lawyer.th.com

The only problem I see for an overstay like that, is they will see on arrival back into Thailand a very long overstay in the passport and they can request to see a ticket to a forwarding country.

Also I can only assume the long overstay was for a lack of funds and now they may ask to see I think it is no less than 10,000Baht on arrival into Thailand. I don’t think they are enforcing it but hey what a great time to start when they see a previous 11 month overstay

It is just better to wait a day at the least. If there was no overstay go and come back in the same day is not a problem.

Pay and smile. Drive careful to your point of exit.

100% correct heed this warning. The only point in this whole procedure you are safe is when you are sitting in the airport Immigration paying your fine with your departure ticket in your hand.

How do I do to get an easy way out of my overstay?  I have about 11 months overstay.

:o

here is a quote:

If you overstay by one day, there is no charge. After that, it's 200B per day, so 2 days is a 400B fine, 3 days 600B etc...

:D

Therefore 11 months x30 days (assuming) x 200 Baht per day leaves a possible fine of (11x30x200 = 66,000 baht)

That is a lot more than the 20,000 baht some people are talking about on this thread.

It will be hard to explain to the Thai immigration that you "forgot" to leave.

They may be lenient, or they may not. When they ask you why you didn't leave, tell them you were so happy in Thailand and liked the thai people so much, you couldn't leave. They will know that is b******t, but it might sound good to them.

At roughly 40 baht to one U.S. dollar it comes to about 1500 dollars.

Hope it works out ok for you, but expect to pay.

If you can pay and leave, you may not be punished further. Or, depending on the immigration official and how he/she feels that day, you could be blacklisted.

ONCE YOU LEAVE, it might be wise to accidentally lose your passport. I would never advise that however. But it has been done before by others (including me). You take your chances with that action. It could work out well or it might not work well. With computerised records these days, who knows what will happen. If you get listed in the computer database as a troublemaker/overstay/lost passport person, it won't go well for you later on. Computers don't forget. However, computer records are prone to mistakes/errors/accidental erasures. You never know what will happen.

For god's sake, when you do leave, don't be loud, obnoxious, arrogant, or just generally s****** in your attitude. You do not want to end up in immigration jail.

And under no circumstances say you worked in Thailand to earn money.

Good Luck

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Therefore 11 months x30 days (assuming) x 200 Baht per day leaves a possible fine of (11x30x200 = 66,000 baht)

That is a lot more than the 20,000 baht some people are talking about on this thread.

The fine is bt200 per day up to a maximum of bt20,000..

But I'm sure you were aware of that before you posted IMA_FARANG.. :o

totster :D

here is a quote:

If you overstay by one day, there is no charge. After that, it's 200B per day, so 2 days is a 400B fine, 3 days 600B etc...

It will be hard to explain to the Thai immigration that you "forgot" to leave.

They may be lenient, or they may not. When they ask you why you didn't leave, tell them you were so happy in Thailand and liked the thai people so much, you couldn't leave. They will know that is b******t, but it might sound good to them.

At roughly 40 baht to one U.S. dollar it comes to about 1500 dollars.

Hope it works out ok for you, but expect to pay.

If you can pay and leave, you may not be punished further. Or, depending on the immigration official and how he/she feels that day, you could be blacklisted.

ONCE YOU LEAVE, it might be wise to accidentally lose your passport. I would never advise that however. But it has been done before by others (including me). You take your chances with that action. It could work out well or it might not work well. With computerised records these days, who knows what will happen. If you get listed in the computer database as a troublemaker/overstay/lost passport person, it won't go well for you later on. Computers don't forget. However, computer records are prone to mistakes/errors/accidental erasures. You never know what will happen.

For god's sake, when you do leave, don't be loud, obnoxious, arrogant, or just generally s****** in your attitude. You do not want to end up in immigration jail.

And under no circumstances say you worked in Thailand to earn money.

Good Luck

Thank you.

I,ll let you know after the weekend if not I got stock.

The fine is bt200 per day up to a maximum of bt20,000..

But I'm sure you were aware of that before you posted IMA_FARANG.. :o

totster :D

The 20,000 baht maximum fine is absolutely correct.

agreed with tot, up to a maximum of 20,000.

OP. The cat got lazy too, but he always finds a way.

Do let us know how you get on. Recent experiences help us to advise others in the future.

Good Luck (chok Dii!!!!!)

Kayo

Below is the official maximum penalty on overstay from immigration web site.

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.

Below is the official maximum penalty on overstay from immigration web site. 
Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.

First of all thank you all for the good advise I got.

I went to Singapore saturday afternoon. The girl who checked me in was very worried for my overstay.

A smile and off I went to get my passport stamped out, I told the officer I have overstay to pay for and he was realy smiling when he checked I had about 1 year. I told him I'm willing to pay no problem.

He told me to go to the room to the left to pay my overstay.

I went there and there was 3 charming girls sitting, first of all when they see I have 1 year overstay they started to joke and smile. (I speak Thai)

They started to tell me this will cost me 200.000 Baht, and I ask them for discount as I have been here a long time. I know already the maximum is 20.000 Baht.

It was a long interwju because I still had 1.5 hr. to the plane departure. The intervju was about my private life in Thailand. If I was married and so on.

After all I paid 20.000 Baht. and got a reciet and asked the girls if I will have any problem to get back in to Thailand, they said: NO PROBLEM.

I went to Singapore, and no problems there, out to have a few cigarettes and check in again on the same plane back to BKK.

Back in BKK a very charming girl stampt me in again for 30 days.

But now I wonder, can they give me more punishment, someone wrote "" 20.000 or two yars in prison or bouht""

What will happen when I get a new passport and have to go to Immigration to get the stamp in my new passport, will they check the old one and find out I had one year overstay or what.

Anyhow, this story ended well and I hope I will not be to lazy in the future so I make my Visa Runs.

Thanks again all of you for very good and quick advise.

Not to worry. You have paid your fine and will be ok now. But the law is there and should be taken heed of as you could be in serious trouble if there is a next time and you are found out or unable to pay any fine.

No problems. You have paid your fine, the case is closed and nothing more will happen. You have got a receipt for the 20,000 Baht fine.

That's it! Dont' do it again...

Sounds good. I got the receipt for the 20.000 Baht. In my last post I forgot to tell you: When I come back to BKK there was no questions about if I have money for 30 days (10.000 baht) as someone wrote earlier.

I was lucky, but I advise all to make their Visa Runs, dont do as I did.

Now I know why Thailand=LOS.

Please may I ask you one question, did they mark your passport as an over-stayer?

I ask because when people are refused entry or deported from many countries they have there passports marked accordingly so you may have problems getting into other countries until you have your passport replacesed.

BB

Please may I ask you one question, did they mark your passport as an over-stayer?

I ask because when people are refused entry or deported from many countries they have there passports marked accordingly so you may have problems getting into other countries until you have your passport replacesed.

BB

His passport will be stamped with the overstay period and the fine.

No problems. You have paid your fine, the case is closed and nothing more will happen. You have got a receipt for the 20,000 Baht fine.

Sounds good. I got the receipt for the 20.000 Baht. In my last post I forgot to tell you: When I come back to BKK there was no questions about if I have money for 30 days (10.000 baht) as someone wrote earlier.

The money thing is usually only at the land borders AFAIK.

Believe you are talking about the requirement to have 10k per person when entering Thailand and that is for any entry, anywhere. But it is not likely to be checked at airports for most travelers and even at land crossings it is not likely. But there is always the spot check here and there so best to be safe.

Sorry guys I hve to reply in Swedish !

Hur jäkla dum får man vara, stanna längre än man har visa, passet i dåligt skick.

Amäl att du har tappat ditt pass till Svenska ambasaden i Bangkok, Har du tur så finnns du ej med i rullorna, beror på vilken väg du kom in.

Kommer du med ett sådant dåligt pass skulle jag gissa på att du sitter i spjället på Don muang till de har fastställt vem du är, lycka till !

Believe you are talking about the requirement to have 10k per person when entering Thailand and that is for any entry, anywhere. But it is not likely to be checked at airports for most travelers and even at land crossings it is not likely. But there is always the spot check here and there so best to be safe.

Exactly :o