What is the magic visa formula?

I am a 53 year olf US citizen that has lived in the Philippines for the past 2 1/2 years (Going either back to the US or Thailand every 6 months for a week)

I want to move to Thailand and live there for a year minimum.

IS is best to apply for a VIsa in the Philippines or is the US?

I DO have a monthly federal pension of over 65000 baht monthly.  

Or should I just arrive in BKK and then fly to Cambodia and get it there??

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
It depend on where you are either Philiphine or Us when or at the time you are to visit Thailand. That is the country's Thai embassy to you get your Non B Visa or relevant Non Immigrant visa depend on your merit. You many apply for Multiple entry while you are in Thailand of course if such multiple entry  visa  could be applied at the same time at Thailnd embassy over there in Philiphine or US. so much the better and easier.

You many apply for Multiple entry while you are in Thailand of course

Lincoln,

Huh, Where can you legally obtain a NON-O multiple within Thailand?? I think you are confused by the diffence between multiple entry visas and multiple re-entry permits.?

It appears you want a retirement visa and these are issued in your home/residence country.  So you are a resident you should obtain from Thai Embassy in Manila is the way I read the regulations below from the Royal Thai Embassy web side in Washington DC:

A Residence Permit in the case of Retirement for Person who is 50 years or Over

1. Qualifications for the Applicant.

1.1 An alien being 50 years of age and above (on the date of submitting and application).

1.2 Not being a person prohibited from entering the Kingdom.

1.3 Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.

1.4 Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.

1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (Leprosy, Tuberculosis (T.B.), Elephantiasis, Drug Addiction, Alcoholism, Third step of Syphilis)

1.6 Not being allowed to work in Thailand.

2. Documents for the Application. (requiring 3 sets in original)

2.1 A passport valid no less than one year and a half.

2.2 Three copies of a Visa Application Form (with photos).

2.3 A Personal Data Form.

2.4 A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year.

2.5 In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an orginal copy) is to be shown as well.

2.6 Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the county of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months).

2.7 A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicatted in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (the certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months).

2.8 In the case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for the O-A code

When holder has secured Non Immigrant Visa, thereafter or simultaneously Multiple Visa could be applied too. I have an experience where  Non Non Immigrant Visa was converted To Non B, expired and  was renewened at Sathorn, together with Multiple Entry Issued the next day.
  • Like 1