What Is Wrong With My Bike

2008bangkok

Hi,

Got on my bike this morning to go to work and the bike is playing up, it refs ok no problem, it drives ok aswell but when i try and give it any power to go a little faster it just splutters and dies i have to go back to little refs to continue, i have no clue about bikes but its seems to be either not enough petrol getting in..anybody a knowledgeable person on bikes could tel me if its serious or not

thanks

Most obvious is fuel starvation.

Try checking the fuel pipe for obvious kinks or the tank breather pipe for blockage, same for the fuel cap.

To be honest if, as you say, you have no clue about bikes, if it's not one of these simple causes your better off heading for a dealer to sort it.

This sounds like a fuel problem, if its a carby bike it could just need some carby tlc, clean air filter etc etc.....when was its last service?

OR there could be a problem with its 'flux capacitor' :blink:

Its very hard to diagnose over the internet & you really should head down to a shop and let them check it out.......its very cheap to get stuff serviced and repaired here (labour wise).

Good luck.

Whilst the symptom would indicate this, if the bike is older it might be the Interocitor.:whistling:

Sounds like fuel, water in it, filter blocked etc. Or could be a/the spark plug has given up.

Edited by VocalNeal

Whilst the symptom would indicate this, if the bike is older it might be the Interocitor.:whistling:

Sounds like fuel, water in it, filter blocked etc. Or could be a/the spark plug has given up.

On your first point :lol: .

then, it could be a lead?

I have had some sucesses bouncing ideas of guys here & another forum re: mechanical stuff but it helps if the OP has some idea of whats going on.

Back home I use to have a mate and if I couldnt fix something he would come around and make suggestions and drink all of my beer. :angry:

Your fuel Filter is plugging up. Needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Do not run your Bike out of fuel, and drink all the crud at the bottom of the fuel tank.

Use good Fuel always , don't cheap out on lower cost fuel , drive to Shell for the 93 stuff, it is worth every Baht

On your first point :lol: .

then, it could be a lead?

I have had some successes bouncing ideas of guys here & another forum re: mechanical stuff but it helps if the OP has some idea of what's going on.

Back home I use to have a mate and if I couldn't fix something he would come around and make suggestions and drink all of my beer. :angry:

By the sounds of the OP's technical expertise, I'll bet the choke's pulled on! :lol: Woss this lever do then...?

By the sounds of the OP's technical expertise, I'll bet the choke's pulled on! :lol: Woss this lever do then...?

I think you are right, it sounds like a problem with the choke. The choke may be "off", but still engaged if the cable from the switch to the carb has slipped form the connection. It need to be looked at by a mechanic, but it doesn't sound serious, and it isn't fuel (or air) starved. If either of those was the problem, it would not start.