Aksorn School Term Dates 2553 -

doctormann

Hi

I'm trying to find out the term dates at Aksorn School (Theprassit) or, to be more specific, when the kids are on holiday in October. I'm trying to book a vacation package so I need the dates.

My totally useless Thai wife has been tasked with finding out but has come up with zero info. She reckons that the school doesn't know yet, which seems unlikely. I've looked at the school's web site but there seems to be no info. there for 2553.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

DM

Don’t knock your lady for not knowing when the school breaks up as neither do the teachers as they will only be told at the last minute.

It’s a sad fact with Aksorn and a number of other schools that school terms are never set out in advance and appear to be decided at the drop of a hat.

My child attends Aksorn Pattaya and it’s no different there.

A mate of mine has his daughter at a school somewhere down the highway and when his wife recently made an enquiry regarding the school breaking up, no one knew.

I’m afraid you’re going to have to learn to live with it………………TIT.

Absolutely unbelievable but TiT so why am I surprised!

I know that forward planning is not a Thai trait but how on earth can anyone run an establishment like a school 'at the drop of a hat'. Amazes me. I've been here full time for seven years now and I'm still baffled at how anything gets done at all - when it does!

I think that I'll just go ahead and book a few days in the latter half of October. Should be reasonably safe and if the lad has to have a few days off school then so be it.

DM

Don’t knock your lady for not knowing when the school breaks up as neither do the teachers as they will only be told at the last minute.

It’s a sad fact with Aksorn and a number of other schools that school terms are never set out in advance and appear to be decided at the drop of a hat.

My child attends Aksorn Pattaya and it’s no different there.

A mate of mine has his daughter at a school somewhere down the highway and when his wife recently made an enquiry regarding the school breaking up, no one knew.

I’m afraid you’re going to have to learn to live with it………………TIT.

Yes it is a sad fact that forward planning is not a priority.

leave it until tomorrow, and tomorrow, tomorrow will be the day after, and so on...

remember this is a city where no one can find out if bars need to close for an auspicious occasion until city hall/police send out the letters the night before...

Is there an English Program at Aksorn (threppasit campus)?

native speaking teachers, filipinas?

cheers all

Yes ,there was for my 6 year old step daughter last year .She had an hours English lesson each day from a native speaker at an extra cost .

Regarding school holiday dates .Its the same up here in Chiang Mai ,the teacher i asked did not know .

Is there an English Program at Aksorn (threppasit campus)?

native speaking teachers, filipinas?

cheers all

Hi

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been having PC problems.

My step son is aged 10 and is at Aksorn Threprasit, where he's been for the last several years. We chose Aksorn as a bit of a compromise between indoctrination at the Wat and unaffordable international schools. We've been generally quite happy with the school.

I must emphasise though that the school doesn't run an English programme as such. Some lessons are supposedly taught in English but these are very much in the minority. We do pay for extra English lessons, which are cheap enough, but progress hasn't been very good. I think that basically he's not very interested in speaking English. I find it quite difficult to get more than the odd word out of him, even at home.

It probably depends a lot on the individual child - some have an interest in languages and some don't.

I can't answer your question about native English-speaking teachers as I don't know what the current situation is.

DM

Just for your information there are three Aksorn schools in Pattaya.

The Aksorn Pattaya school i chose for our daughter i did so because it is a newer school, has air conditioned classrooms and more modern furniture.

Another good point is it doesn’t cater for the older students up to 18 years old which can be a worry when you have small ones at the same school be it in another building.

Each Aksorn school has a native speaking English teacher for Kindergarten, elementary school and high school. They also have a Technical school with Native speakers teaching English for various subjects like hospitality services. They started an English intensive program this year at the Aksorn Pattaya school with math, science and maybe another class taught in English

The calander published by the school indicates final testing on September 27 - 30 with Holiday break October 1 - 20. School re-opens on October 21, but not sure of class schedules.

Hope this helps.

Edited by rmicheald