Immigration At Chaeng Wattana Open Or Closed Today?

As long as you arrive on Monday with qualifications for extension of stay there will not be any overstay fine. But in future you should plan to always do early as there is no loss of time by so doing - the extension start as the end of current stay.

Announce!

Immigration Division1 at The Government Complex , Chamchuri Square Building and

Suan Plu Office will be closed on

during 12th - 15th Aug, 2010.

Except for Re-entry Permit service

only at SuanPlu Office on

Friday,13th Aug,2010, 08.30-16.30

Saturday,14th Aug,2010, 08.30-12.00 a.m.

Seems like on Monday, 16th will be crowdy there :)

As long as you arrive on Monday with qualifications for extension of stay there will not be any overstay fine. But in future you should plan to always do early as there is no loss of time by so doing - the extension start as the end of current stay.

Is there a "grace period" for being late in applying for an extension of stay? Like say my Retirement Extension of Stay expired on 14 Aug/Sat and I showed up on 16 Aug/Mon (just using the same dates in above posts) to apply for a retirement extension of stay. Do you mean there would not be an overstay fine "and" you would not have to start from ground zero like getting a Non-O visa and then 60 days later apply for a year extension of stay. Thanks.

The above date correspond to a holiday weekend and is the only reason overstay would not be charged. You would not normally be allowed to apply late for an extension of stay but in some cases it may be allowed with payment of overstay. You should always do a one year extension of stay at least a week or two early. You obtain the same new permitted to stay date as if you did it the last day.

The above date correspond to a holiday weekend and is the only reason overstay would not be charged. You would not normally be allowed to apply late for an extension of stay but in some cases it may be allowed with payment of overstay. You should always do a one year extension of stay at least a week or two early. You obtain the same new permitted to stay date as if you did it the last day.

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something about grace periods "just in case" an unavoidable/totally unexpected event occurred during the 30 day period before an extension expires/when a person should be applying for the extension, and this event prevented the person from applying on time. For me, I get my income letter and apply for the extension 20-30 days before the current extension...I don't like waiting for the last week or so...always afraid some unexpected/uncontrollable event will prevent me from applying....like maybe the govt closing govt offices for X-days due to protests...no shortage of possibilities. Cheers and thanks again.