Life Around Na Jomtien/Silverlake/Bang Sare Area

stevehaigh

For great Thai seafood, try the restaurants in Ban Amphur. We prefer Precha's and Toey. Right on the water. Precha's is PACKED on the weekends...

I don't live near there but I second the Precha Seafood recommendation :) The beach near Precha's is ok as well and never crowded during the week.

I sometimes hop on my bike and cruise down Sukumvit (towards Sattahip) turning left turn on the road leading to Silverlake, then left again on Route 331( Correct number?) cruising back towards East Pattaya, ending up for a beer at the 9999 beer, convenience store, restaurant. The countryside is refreshing and it seems as if you were 100s of kilometers from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya :)

Another nice ride is if you take the left turn before the Silverlake turn. This takes you into a large temple/park area (can't remember the name). Just keep straight on until you are in the centre of the temple area, where there's often a few tourist buses around. Bear to the right (signposted for route 331). This road takes you past the monks houses, through a forested area and eventually onto the 331. The roads are excellent and very quiet.

Dont tell everyone !!!!! its a nice quiet area that i like to go cycling !!!! lots of small roads to explore

This is where I do my cycling every weekend and the exact same thoughts passed through my mind - less cars please!

I have seen huge wild boars on this stretch with massive tusks as well as 100's of monkeys and snakes...

Is that the first soi after Ambassador? There is one before that soi, which we have never tried, and the one just after it, heading to Pattaya, is a great restaurant for cheap rice and chicken (khao man gai). Like 30 baht. We eat there quite often. Open air, but always busy and they sell out fairly quickly. Their noodle soup is quite good also. Just past Captain's hardware store is another open air Thai restaurant. Great food their also...especially their beef soup (don't know the name). Usually busy, packed with Bangkok cars on the weekends.

I have not been to Club 1 yet, but plan to try soon. Seems they even have a pool table!

We're taking the drive out to Phoenix/Silverlake today....will check out the Lotus for sure.

P.S. if you need your computer repaired, just before TOT and Club 1 is a great place. The main owners speak English and they do good work. Setup my home network in short order...something I was trying to accomplish for many days. Pretty cool as I can now stream internet radio to my stereo!

I think it is the same restaurant;First soi after Ambassador direction Pattaya is followed by a pedestrian bridge.Just after you have a korean restaurant and the thai one I spoke about,at the corner of soi 18.But the soi 18 panel is so rusted nobody notice it :lol:

During WE the thai families from my condo go there for take away food

For computers,I call Wattana shop in central Pattaya.They send a guy who manage my network .

800b 1 or 2 time a year.

Some more infos

On google earth,there are many photos of the multiple temples in the area

PM me if somebody wishes to find a nice big quiet condo (180 sqm )on seaside with private access to beach.There are some for sale in my building.Not exactly for the Pattaya bachelor type owner.

Prices still about the same as 5 years ago......

No I am not in the real estate business and it is not mine (very expensive..in my dreams :rolleyes: )

I wish to have some farang neighbour.Only rich bangkogians here :(

Have you eaten at any of those places with the small tables under the trees? Are they any good?

Yes. No.

Five or ten years ago Bang Saray was nice - quiet, undeveloped and pleasant. In five or ten years time it will probably be nice - developed, modern and "vibrant". Now it is simply a mess.

And, as has already been explained, the "Lotus" in Ban Amphur is a Lotus Express, roughly the size of the 7-11 on the corner just before it. Don't be deceived by the number of cars/bikes in the car park - a lot are going to the basic Thai restaurants just past them.No menus, no English and little choice but good noodles and iced coffee in the first, and good khao kha moo in the second (arond 25 to 30 baht a plate). Way better than anything around the Ambassador.

We went in the Lotus Express yesterday. Yes, very small. But, they do have a small farang section. So, if you run out of...say...BBQ sauce, no need to do the run into Pattaya! Other than that, we will continue to do our shopping at the fresh markets in Ban Amphur and do the drive into Pattaya for everything else.

We went in the Lotus Express yesterday. Yes, very small. But, they do have a small farang section. So, if you run out of...say...BBQ sauce, no need to do the run into Pattaya! Other than that, we will continue to do our shopping at the fresh markets in Ban Amphur and do the drive into Pattaya for everything else.

Ya , but you can be sure it won't be Sweet Baby Rays. No place in this town knows there is life after Kraft original. The king of schwag in bbq sauce.And fountain doesn't even get close.