Bringing Girlfriend To The Uk

Hi,

Quick synopsis:

Have been seeing my TGF for 20 months now, she has visited the UK to see my twice and I have been over to Thailand 6 times.

We are the same age and I am in decent employment(public sector 40k a year). I owe my own home.

She is educated to MBA level from Rangsit Uni and has assets in Thailand worth over £10,000. She is currently working in Australia and will return to Thailand in 8 weeks time.

We have decided to get engaged and probably married in the next 6 months, her parents are happy that we do it over here, this also means i avoid the SIn Sodt etc

Ideally I want her to stay with me permanently and can think of no real reason to refuse her application.

My question is, what would be the best visa to get her over here? I have heard of fiance visa, but not sure what happens after the six months expires? Can she apply for the settlement visa without having to go home?

Any open , honest advice would be appreciated. I used this board to get the visitor Visa and found your help invaluable.

Cheers

Brian

Fiancée Visa, get married within those six months and apply for further leave to remain from the UK.

There are a couple of people using this board at the moment who are in the process of doing just that.

Cheers, this is the route I want to go down then.

I will continue to do some further reading.

One quick question...

Is this Fiancée visa subject to any special conditions or is it similar to Visitor visa with the caveat of getting married? ie TB Test??

Edited by brian272727

Or you may consider marrying in Thailand ans applying for a settlement/spouse visa she will receive a 2 year visa immediately if successful.

Cheers guys, more than likely we would get married here. I have no major concerns about getting the Settlement visa / fiance visa. I have a dossier about a foot thick detailing our relationship over the last two years.