Howard (Bunters Foods) Passes Away

Muppetbkk

very sad news,

had the pleasure of meeting a couple of times after being told about his food outlet in bangkok, through tv. always had a smile on his face and yes a jovial guy with a personality to boot.

sausages, bacon and pies were the best i ever tasted out here in the LOS.

my condolences the his wife and family.

RIP howard.

Edited by tigerfish

Sad news, just bought some supplies from him a couple of weeks back. seemed like a real nice guy, he even called as a follow up to make sure all was OK.

May he RIP.

I was a very close friend of Howard (golfing buddy) and some of you may have spoken to me on Tuesday -- it was me that collected his telephone from Thong Lor BTS station at 6:00am and had the awful job of answering his phone throughout Tuesday.

Thank you very much to those callers who pledged continuing support. It was very heartwarming to know that he was equally as well liked by business associates as he was by his close and personal friends.

I took 15 different calls from suppliers and customers, all of which were very sad to hear of the death one of life's Good Guys, and my main role in getting hold of the phone so quickly was to assure his business associates know that whilst it is not "business as usual" at the moment, we are trying to quickly find a solution to make sure his wife can still operate the business and retain their hard-earned customer's support.

Myself, and one of Howards other close friends, will be meeting with his wife on Tuesday or Wednesday next week in the endeavour to find a solution and assist her in continuing the business as seamlessly as possible.

His wife can adequately cope with the manufacture of his range of products; but as 99% of Howards customers and suppliers were English speaking, she needs some help with this aspect to make sure his customers can place their orders as usual.

Please, please please be patient for a few days. I understand that some of you relied upon him to service your own business's, and are hurting now owing to the sudden departure of Howard. If you have to find other suppliers, please consider this as temporary until we can fix things and return it to normal for you.

Howard will be dearly missed on the golf course (and in the pub) by his friends. Please help us maintain his business for the sake of his loving and devoted wife and two young lads. They were wonderful yesterday at the funeral and if only you could have seen them together as a unit, you would be only too pleased to support them at this very difficult time.

If you need to contact me, please PM me and I will be only too happy to take a message in relation to this.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

PS -- Gavin, we are all very sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences from his golfing friends to you at this time.

Thank you so very much to all of you that have helped Hoy and her boys over the past few days my Dad will be at peace knowing that he has left behind some great friends to take care of things in his absence.

I wish I could be out in Thailand to offer help and support but knowing that things are being taken care of is pleasing to hear, if however there is anything I can do please let me know.

My Dad lived life to the full and enjoyed life massively, over the past 12 months he had driven his business (Bunters Foods) to further succes with new premises and an ever growing customer base, over the last few months he had got himself into great shape and was loving his new fitness regime. He always enjoyed talking about golf and how he performed at various tournaments and he loved the beer after a game too.

My Dad also loved his food so it was only right that his business was in the production and supply of food products, his passion and love for food would be evident in his products. I recall a very tasty meat and potatoe pie as a boy!

Dad its very sad that you have been taken from us so prematurely, I will miss you Dad, I will never forget the conversations that we have had over the past couple of years and I will always hold very close to my heart my memories of you.

Rest in Peace

Gav xxx

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What happened to Howard ?

He collapsed at Thong Lor BTS station at around 5:00pm and numerous attempts to keep him alive failed at around 3:00am the next morning. A series of heart attacks caused his eventual passing.

He never regained consciousness after collapsing.

I was one of Howards best friends here through the golfing fraternity, where he is still sadly missed.

Please, to all those reading this that did business with him, support his business as best you can. It is still being run by his wife.

I was unaware of Howards passing as I had not ordered for a fair few months (trying to keep the weight down and all that). I only got to hear of it a few days back on another forum as the business is up for sale. He popped round to my place and I too his premises a few years back for a few scoops and indeed he was a nice guy. RIP

• 3 weeks later...