Cost Of Domestic Help?

midnighttiger

I can only tell you what I pay for help in Chiang Mai.

I have many years of experience, but I'm not always right :)

Housekeeper who does not live in... 6,000 a month to start, then I give them an extra 1,000 baht per month at New Years, In addition, I also give them 2 months of salary at New Year. :)

I usually advertise in Chiang Mai news http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/

I have had no problems finding good people :)

Edited by LJW

Housekeeper who does not live in... 6,000 a month to start, then I give them an extra 1,000 baht per month at New Years, In addition, I also give them 2 months of salary at New Year. :)

I usually advertise in Chiang Mai news http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/

Wow LJW.....ur ruining them. I pay 4,500thb/mo for a 6 day week and a couple of thousand at new yrs. She's happy, we're happy and I hope she doesn't read your post. Been with us for 4+yrs now. Here's the catch.....she is my sister in law and a lot of 'extras' go her way, so I end up paying in the end.

I usually advertise in Chiang Mai news http://www.chiangmai...lassifieds_job/

Wow LJW.....ur ruining them. I pay 4,500thb/mo for a 6 day week and a couple of thousand at new yrs. She's happy, we're happy and I hope she doesn't read your post. Been with us for 4+yrs now. Here's the catch.....she is my sister in law and a lot of 'extras' go her way, so I end up paying in the end.

We have a part-time one for twice a week. Our rate per day is 300 baht with recyclables. When away, we use her 50 baht a day to water the yard and feed the fish...

CB

I usually advertise in Chiang Mai news http://www.chiangmai...lassifieds_job/

Maybe you should try to live a life on 4,500 a month.. ;)

Yeah, give her more, 4500 is ridiculous. It's not enough to live in Thailand. So if you keep paying 4500 either the extras add up to a lot more, or she will leave. Thais don't ask for a raise, the leave.

We discuss here about low money for most farangs. I am not agree we come to Thailand and take beside other cheap things, profit of humans. I mean each human have his need and right. Let's pay such as domestic helper and respect them, I agree with LJW 6000 plus some extra is good and a minimum, the domestic helper have to finance his own family too. VIVRE ET LAISSER VIVRE !!!

The cost for a domestic helper which works 8 or 9 hours per day and a least 6 days a week should not be more than the minimum salary, which is about 4500 baht/month

Is he/she lives in, and you supply a room and food, the cost is around 2,500-3,500 baht/month.

A lot of workers in shops/factories will earn only around 5.000 and mostly has to work mush harder and longer than the domestic helpers at your home.

If you have a part time helper, the cost should be only around 100 for half day and not more than 200 for a full day.

After a period of time you can raise the salary with 500 baht or so.

Whatever you think of the amounts, this is the reality in the northern provinces.

Yeah, give her more, 4500 is ridiculous. It's not enough to live in Thailand. So if you keep paying 4500 either the extras add up to a lot more, or she will leave. Thais don't ask for a raise, the leave.

LOL.

We tend to start on 3500 for live in. Currenlty we have someone who comes in only during the day, she gets 250 baht / day. So on a 5 day work week that's about 5000 baht, which we currently need due to the workload, but when things settle down we'll be going back to 3 days a week. Then the monthly spend would be a very reasonable 3000 baht.

• Like 1

Pay them the same percentage of your income that you would pay them in your own country.....not that anyone has one in their own country lol.

Wives tend to do wifey things around the house, regardless if they are working or not.

5,500 Per month, plus social insurance and bonus. Full time 6 days, per week, split shifts (not live in). Sure you could pay less for no ID or insurance under table but it's not worth the risk/hassle.