Joe Conrad'S Magic Theater

flyingfox

The price is 900 Baht for adults and 600 Baht for kids during the introduction time.

Aster this it will be something like 1100 and 800 Baht.

I'm sorry but i don't think it will last long. 2 Million Baht invested or not !

I think it can work if the show is good enough to justify the price.

There is definalty room for it. Family's coming for two weeks to Phuket will all go to this. At the moment they all go to Fantasea, Thai Boxing and Simon Caberat show, so that is only 3 nights. A good magic show will be able to sell tickets.

Will it last - Yes, if it is good. He has spent 2 million baht, that does not sound like much to me for a big show...

Time will tell.

Top floor of Jung Ceylon.. Huge staff (so massive ongoing to add to the JC rent).. And that price per ticket..

Not a prayer.. 18 months depending on the depth of losses hes prepared to take.

Agree, just think you're being too optimistic. Before the end of high season he'll have folded, once he realises this is only going to cost money.

Why would anyone pay hundreds of Baht to see a magic show when there is an excellent magic show for free in Bangla road?

Maybe they object to the pick pocket process that comes with that one :whistling:

Not to mentioned this will be aimed at families, and I don't know to many families that would take their young kids on bangla road at night (when the magic show your talking about happens). I would not want my kids around a bunch of drunks and hookers.

• 3 months later...

Had a nose the other day. Next to Banana IT is boarded up with a lot of construction permits posted up. The door was open and all that is inside is an empty room. No rendering / paint, no chairs, no stage, nothing. It is going to take months to fit it out. I see that they advertised for a lot of staff on a few local websites back in October. Putting the cart before the house (Ha Ha Ha).

The rent is zero.

They made a deal with junk ceylon for a share of the profits much like the deal that famous nightclub made that opened last Sunday.

I think it will do well as there is not much else going on in that waste of space.

Edited by katasyd

I Wish him luck...but phuket is one of the hardest places in the world to make tourist atractions work..unless you can give it time and afford to market and pay heavy commision to the tour operators. i dont think it will work here the only attractions that really work are ...SIMON CARBARET AND FANTASIA......but these are long established thai backed atractions.....i hope it works for him..we all love a....TRYER...

If sound lost 18million tbh, how can fame make any money up there...?

bangla is were to put a nightclub!

True and i hope the new club gets a return on the 50 million baht refurbishment.

I had understood from the management that the previous 'sound' investment to be in the order of 50 - 60 mil baht not only 18..

Or are you suggesting they got all but 18m back ?? As that sounds hopeful to me.

True and i hope the new club gets a return on the 50 million baht refurbishment.

I had understood from the management that the previous 'sound' investment to be in the order of 50 - 60 mil baht not only 18..

Or are you suggesting they got all but 18m back ?? As that sounds hopeful to me.

No, i'm saying that when Famous nightclub took over from sound they invested a further 50 million baht to get it to the way it is now.

Glass bottom pool on the roof and people dancing on the dance floor can look up at people in the pool.

Private air conditioned cabana's next to the pool with dj booth and bar.

The rooftop is amazing but time will tell if it does well.

No, i'm saying that when Famous nightclub took over from sound they invested a further 50 million baht to get it to the way it is now.

Glass bottom pool on the roof and people dancing on the dance floor can look up at people in the pool.

Private air conditioned cabana's next to the pool with dj booth and bar.

The rooftop is amazing but time will tell if it does well.

It was at falkans post.. He says sound lost 18m.. And I was told there was more like 60 put into it. Lost about a million baht a week !!