The Best Pizza In Bangkok

RudieTheFoodie

Happy to see that opinions on pizza are many and completely different...

I forecast the umpteenth debate on the strengths and weaknesses of the Chicago pizza on the Italian or the NewYorker...

I love the thin and I'm happy different people have different tastes.

Buon appetito

PS: The first post look to me a bit like an advertising...

Happy to see that opinions on pizza are many and completely different...

I forecast the umpteenth debate on the strengths and weaknesses of the Chicago pizza on the Italian or the NewYorker...

I love the thin and I'm happy different people have different tastes.

Buon appetito

PS: The first post look to me a bit like an advertising...

I see your point - yes I am advertising a (in my humble opinion) very good pizza. The last post I read here about pizza there were lots of people complaining about no decent pizza in BKK. I found a good one and shared it. if thats advertising then I'm guilty :)

I'm a pretty well travelled person, I've eaten pizza in Naples, Sicily and also Chicago (not my cup of tea) amongst many other places. Of course its difficult to get a decent pizza here for all types of reasons, but these guys do a very good job.

Good on you Big Pizza! - Keep up the good work! :)

I am Italian and the best place in Bangkok is the Lemoncello. They have an imported oven form Italy. Here is there location. Lemoncello 17 Sukhumvit 11Khlong Tan Nuea, Vadhana, Bangkok 10110

02-6510707. Have fun. I only wish it was closer to my house.

It looks like Big Pizza and TV had a falling out? It's been nearly 2 years since they were first introduced as a sponsor but then the proprietor has been banned on TV. I always liked their pizza, but its been at least a year since I ordered. It sounds like the quality of this "delivery-only", hence no need to compare it with dine-in establishments, remains good? Same owner(s)?

I like the pizza at "Que Passa" they have a very wide menu. http://www.quepasa-th.com/Que_Pasa/Que_Pasa.html

another place i frequent is near Broomsgrove private school on Ramkamhaeng Road... but it is kind of a "fancy" type set up.

Que Pasa, is more of a relaxed enviroment, a good place to just go and hang out and eat with friends... good food, good times, with good friends and they even have root beer!

Edited by Dakhar

There is such nice Thai food who needs a pizza.

Some people are here more than a week and like to eat lots of different foods. Never had Big Pizza as they don't deliver this far but I ordered Scoozi earlier today and it was pretty good

You are correct. Scoozi has been the best and the closes to U.S. pizza is their Hawaiin pizza.

For delivery so far for me it is Pizza Patio, in restaurant the Italian restaurant (almost) opposite Wong's. Place.

Do you mean Lido, which is diagonally opposite Wong's and directly opposite Trajai restaurant on Soi Si Bamphen. The Italian owner, who has been in Bangkok a very long time, hails from Naples and he makes real Neopolitan-style pizza, the original, just like the world's first and oldest pizzeria in the world, Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba (but don't ever go to Port d'Alba, the service is so bad you won't enjoy the pizza even after you finally get one; go to Pizzeria da Donato instead).

There's a Pizza Patio on Sala Daeng (and a few others I think), owned by S&P in joint venture with Zanotti, and judging from this photo alone it looks like they are inspired by the Neapolitan style:

http://www.myeggnoodles.com/pizza-patio-in-bangkok.html

Aside: Lido is a pretty good Italian restaurant all around, with lower prices than just about any Italian resto in our fair capital.

Those of us who emjoy real Italian pizza are in the minority on Anglo-American-dominated tv.com, and that's fine, as always YMMV.

Here's what a real Naples-style pizza looks like, and this is what they look like at Lido:

IMG_5600.JPG

Amido's Pizza Garden in Pai makes similar pizzas, esp the crust.

Those of us who emjoy real Italian pizza are in the minority on Anglo-American-dominated tv.com, and that's fine, as always YMMV.

Thanks for the address, I really need to try them, as I am a member of the minority... smile.gif

Wish I had a wood fire oven in the garden here like back home, so to organize parties with home made pizza, with proper dough and carefully crafted sauce (slightly cooked beforehand, even if not all would agree on that)!