Picture Frames

JimGant

I thought Carrefour would have picture frames of all types, but no luck. And since I hate shopping, particularly when I have to wander around in the search mode, I really don't want to do so at one of the malls or shopping areas.

Anyway, I need ready-made picture frames that will hold something around the size of 8x11 or A4. Wood, or wood appearance, or even black plastic frame, and glass fronting, is what I need.

I've had custom frames made here -- but that's not what I want now.

Anybody have a definitive answer? A store in a mall -- or on the street -- is fine. Just as long as I have a destination to head for. Thanx.

try Index living mall, close to carrefour.  inside main door, lefthand side.  No hassle from staff, even though you'll probably be the only customer.  

Thanx. Seem to recall they do have all sorts of household stuff, although we've only shopped for furniture there in the past. Nicely located too, for me anyway.

They aren't a particularly great quality (or price) but the Kodak print shops like the one in front of Wat Phra Singh has frames. They will include a photo in it if you bring the file with you.

For 299 baht for a wooden frame AND a good sized photo I wasn't disappointed at all.

• Like 1

There is a guy who is at every walking street market - almost. He has very high quality frames that he makes. I bought several from him. I have his card somewhere.

Agreed. Each time I've been to the Sunday walking street I've seen at least 3 or 4 vendors selling a variety of sizes.

Probably as cheap as you can get them, too.

There is a guy who is at every walking street market - almost. He has very high quality frames that he makes. I bought several from him. I have his card somewhere.

Agreed. Each time I've been to the Sunday walking street I've seen at least 3 or 4 vendors selling a variety of sizes.

Probably as cheap as you can get them, too.

Ive bought a few off these guy's and they are good lasting and good quality

There are lots of framing shops in and around the moat area. The one I bought from recently had a good range of ready made frames in a variety of sizes, and would also make to order from a selection of frame styles if you can't find what you want ready made! They are on the south side of the moat, on the outside, just after your last chance to u-turn (assuming you had been travelling clockwise).

Yep, if it's the same one, he's up along Phrapokklao on the junction with Rachadamnoen. Go up the main route from Thapae Gate and right at the second lights (after about 500m) onto Phrapokklao. Some nice artwork here as well. Keep walking up (north) after and you'll hit the Three Kings.

Yep, if it's the same one, he's up along Phrapokklao on the junction with Rachadamnoen. Go up the main route from Thapae Gate and right at the second lights (after about 500m) onto Phrapokklao. Some nice artwork here as well. Keep walking up (north) after and you'll hit the Three Kings.

The name of the company is Jintavanee House 0897018990; 0840457499.

Worthwhile going to his shop not far from Tarin Hotel on Superhighway 11.

Good quality and cheap.

Good quality and cheap.

Indeed that is the name. I looked for his card but couldn't find it. Then I discovered that the name and phone number of his company is on the back of every frame!

Good quality and cheap.

Indeed that is the name. I looked for his card but couldn't find it. Then I discovered that the name and phone number of his company is on the back of every frame!

lol

He used to make the old style rustic wood frames with deep inserts and double glass windows but now he has moved on to more colourful, modern styles. Oh, and I forgot to say his name is Khun Nuy - a little bit eccentric but aren't we all...