Naam Ok ?

cardholder

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the enlightenment forethat. Do I get it right that you hate Naam because he drives a twelve piston BMW which consumes a lot of fuel and you drive an SUV ? Or is it that you dont like his dogs ? Personally I find them rather cute.

This should be good.

For those of you who have been paying attention, Naam's bilingual gardener has gone from being bilingual to trilingual and even multilingual in a few months. I have to admit though, that I've so far failed completely to understand wht the he** this has to do with the level of expensiveness on a BMW (with references to Mr.Braggards willingness to hand out "certificates for having no clue").

Give it another month and I bet you he'll be fluent in Swahili and reciting Nubian poetry in Kenzi-Dongolawi.

Thanks for the enlightenment forethat. Do I get it right that you hate Naam because he drives a twelve piston BMW which consumes a lot of fuel and you drive an SUV ? Or is it that you dont like his dogs ? Personally I find them rather cute.

Ok ok ok, let me guess....you're naturally blonde?

Ok ok ok, let me guess....you're naturally blonde?

I am. But I dye my pubic hair purple. Hubby likes it like that. Now waiting for Naams rebuttal. Bangkok is boring on a sunny weekend.

Now waiting for Naams rebuttal.

Let us all hope it includes an explanation as to how his bilingu....trilingua....multilingual gardener affects the price on BMW in Thailand, rather than a listing of his wifes academic qualifications and automobile ownership (considering he is passing out certificates for having no clue to those who actually provide some real information).

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it though.

Now waiting for Naams rebuttal.

Let us all hope it includes an explanation as to how his bilingu....trilingua....multilingual gardener affects the price on BMW in Thailand, rather than a listing of his wifes academic qualifications and automobile ownership (considering he is passing out certificates for having no clue to those who actually provide some real information).

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it though.

Is there a valid reason why the language skills of Naams gardener of his wifes academic qualifications are bothering you ?

I understand what Naam means when he says a BMW is not more expensive here because he has multilingual staff. It makes sense to me.

In the overall balance of things, the quality of life per dollar/baht/mark spent here and the absence of crushing taxes Makes Thailand much cheaper, despite the fact that some items have a higher price tag. The fact that Naam can live in the luxury of having competent house staff tend to all his needs and habits for hardly any cost at all, is a balance to the high price one would have to pay to get a BMW here.

The house staff was merely symbolic of the low cost benefits of living in Thailand.

But poor Forethat has been chasing his tail for weeks, maybe months wondering why the sky hasn't fallen because of Naam's tongue in cheek response.

His wing mirror on his Merc looks broken to me (probably the wife). Hope he doesnt end up in jail eating cockroaches.

Forethat does raise a good point about the BMW though. Those 850s were mighty expensive in England but the window opens half an inch when you open the door. It would have been a total tax nightmare importing it even if it was post 1997. If it was Naam I guess he would have wrapped it up as a diplomatic car, wrapped in an offshore company encased in an enigma.

There's no way anyone can say a BMW of any type is cheaper here than the Uk. Maybe some folk just defend Thailand at all costs.

Did Naam say they were? What an idiot? You know he is probably a BMW salesman. He comes from Germany I think (look at his cars.) He may just be confused, those Mercs cost a couple of thousand euros in Germany and they use them as taxis and I was in the back of a taxi and the driver told me I could go to Germany buy a Merc and drive it back to England (on the wrong side of the road) and save GBP5,000.

This should be good.

For those of you who have been paying attention, Naam's bilingual gardener has gone from being bilingual to trilingual and even multilingual in a few months. I have to admit though, that I've so far failed completely to understand wht the he** this has to do with the level of expensiveness on a BMW (with references to Mr.Braggards willingness to hand out "certificates for having no clue").

Give it another month and I bet you he'll be fluent in Swahili and reciting Nubian poetry in Kenzi-Dongolawi.

You have failed to understand completely....? :lol:

Of course you have since it will take a while longer before you will understand the splendid kind of humor of Naam.

Enough said for me untill he shows up again, serving you what you deserve, since he's abroad as far as I recall, enjoying his life with his Lady.

LaoPo

This should be good.

Of course you have since it will take a while longer before you will understand the splendid kind of humor of Naam.

Enough said for me untill he shows up again, serving you what you deserve, since he's abroad as far as I recall, enjoying his life with his Lady.

LaoPo

Wow! Should we start a Naam appreciation forum? I'm not saying that he isn't a good chap, but some of the fawning here is a bit much isn't it. I recollect that he often chips into discussions with poignant single line comments, but I don't see him as some sort of TV guru.

Wow! Should we start a Naam appreciation forum? I'm not saying that he isn't a good chap, but some of the fawning here is a bit much isn't it. I recollect that he often chips into discussions with poignant single line comments, but I don't see him as some sort of TV guru.

Neither do I, nor was it an appreciation nor am I fawning to WHOMEVER.

Me, fawning to anyone is something impossible. :lol:

I was just stepping in, explaining to Forethat that he misses the Naams' humor since he didn't understand.

Everyone is entitled to say what he wants but the sarcastic comments and questions by Forethat needed some explanation in absence of Naam.

But, I'm sure Naam will be back.

LaoPo

This should be good.

LaoPo

Can't he afford roaming internet?

Sorry for sliding off topic but I once met a bar room bore who categorically stated that outside of Germany Thailand was the biggest market for Benz cars. I felt no need to communicate with him in any way, shape or form after that.

I'll say this, this thread has created a lot of stir.

btw, regarding affordability of German cars, I could not afford my S6 in Europe, but I can here.

And I don't even have a trilingual gardener.

:lol:

พอแล้ว

Why ? Because a S6 is that cheap in Thailand or is it just the petrol and your trilingual mechanic you brought from Germany to maintain the car?

LaoPo :rolleyes:

I'll say this, this thread has created a lot of stir.

btw, regarding affordability of German cars, I could not afford my S6 in Europe, but I can here.

And I don't even have a trilingual gardener.

:lol:

พอแล้ว

What's an S6? An Audi? Is it cheaper because you save in other ways or is it the actual price of the car that is low? Each to their own, but I can't see the point in owning a really good vehicle in Thailand. The roads are not good and the experience overall is terrible. There can be no relaxation or driving enjoyment in my opinion.

well... well... well... after spending a lazy sunday with my [multilingual] dogs at a secluded beach ~80km from Sin City i feel compelled to make a short :lol: statement as specified hereafter:

-all of us enjoyed the day as the vegetarian :bah: Mrs who abhors the non-vegetarian food we three enjoy very much did not accomany us.

-the thai owner, chef and waiter of a small seafood joint located at said secluded beach was full of joy when we arrived. we always have a lot of fun when jointly emptying the bottle of [good] wine i carry to his "restaurant". he also plays his role well when my [multilingual] dogs ask for a menue written either in Mandarin or Kanji and he always shakes his head in sorrow but smiles when they order "halal slaughtered cat roast on a bed of kosher garlic prawns and prikh naam pla in a rather big bowl".

-i am not yet abroad where unaffordable roaming charges apply. but i will leave Thailand thursday evening leaving my beloved Bee-Emm-Dubbelyew behind.

what else is of interest to report? that it is fun imagining the dripping of saliva from the mouths of some self-proclaimed lawyers :lol: who are full of frustration because they liaise with uneducated natives and can't afford multilingual servants nor BMWs in Thailand? stating the correct language skills of our domestic staff (finally i know that our gardener is fluent -reading and writing- in three and can make himself understood in two additional languages)? posting a picture of an S6 (the car Dr Somkid drives in Thailand)? that the left wing mirror of my wife's Benz sometimes folds and sometimes doesn't? that i am not a car salesman?

i wonder when one of the Right Honourable Moderators decides to close this thread. for some of them it must be an eyesore.

:jap:

i wonder when one of the Right Honourable Moderators decides to close this thread. for some of them it must be an eyesore.

:jap:

Not half as much as your spelling and grammar. :D

considering that english is my third language and i speak, read and write another four languages i consider it not too bad.

how many languages do you master?

Edited by sbk
flame removed--mind your manners
  • Like 1

So a mild piss take is only ok when you're the one doing the piss taking. Then Mr. Indignant rears his head. Thought as much. Par for the course really isn't it? :)

Edited by mca