Green Algae

binnsy

Binnsy

I have had the same despite having a big UV filter but too small filtration tank. I understand a hessien sack with Buffalo Sh1t in the pond works. The straw act as a collector of the algae.

I joke you not,matey!

Dave

Will give it a try :D

Binnsy

Binnsy

I have had the same despite having a big UV filter but too small filtration tank. I understand a hessien sack with Buffalo Sh1t in the pond works. The straw act as a collector of the algae.

I joke you not,matey!

Dave

Will give it a try :D

Binnsy

Hey Binnsy

Before you start scraping buffalo sh1t off the road buy some lime and throw it in the pond, worked for me and did not harm the fish.

Very cheap and translation of thai name is ~ white powder! very technical huh. Just make sure you are standing upwind when you lob it in otherwise you will look like a ladyboy who has overdone the white makeup! :whistling:

TBWG :wai:

Hey Binnsy

Before you start scraping buffalo sh1t off the road buy some lime and throw it in the pond, worked for me and did not harm the fish.

Very cheap and translation of thai name is ~ white powder! very technical huh. Just make sure you are standing upwind when you lob it in otherwise you will look like a ladyboy who has overdone the white makeup! :whistling:

TBWG :wai:

So how do you know about them then,David?

Binnsy

I joke you not,matey!

Actually it is the straw left in the shit that attacts and kills the algae... Skip the shit and just make a small bundle of straw, weight it down and sink it in the pond... It is surprising how well this works, and usually in just a couple of weeks...

Pianoman

excessive algae growth is a result of elevated nutrient levels in the water

the goal is to reduce nutrient run off in to the pond, this might not be possible because of water ruining off from adjacent properties that might contain phosphates or other fertilizers

there are several additives that would reduce algae in your pond, they are called "algaecides".copper sulfate is a generic chemical used as an algecide, I am not sure what is available in Thailand but a search in Google for " algaecide"would give you some choices.

I did a search for "algaecides thailand" and this was one result

Siam Algae Co., Ltd.

19 Moo 4 Bangna-Trad Road Bangsaothong Bang SaotongSamutPrakan, Thailand 10540

Fax : 662-3128225

Chock Dee