Will They Give You 30 Stay On Entry If You Have Tourist Visa In Passport

to the "it's easy, buy a multi entry" ppl. There IS no multiple entry tourist visa. Thai embassy in D.C. told me that as well as my state Hon Consulate. There is now no more getting even 2 tourist visa. Crack down about the time I got those apparently. One CAN get a dual entry IF your itinerary shows you leaving Thailand and coming back. Otherwise no. So I was lucky last time.

I will have to hope there is no problem with getting a permission to re-enter so I can go to Phils for Christmas and come back. If memory serves my time on that visa would stop when I left and pick back up when I re-enter. This still leaves me in Bangkok with 60 days up at the end of January. I'd LIKE to be flying home end of March. I suppose I could ping pong ball back and forth between Cambodia and Bangkok over and over until my flight leaves from Bangkok. Oy, they'll start waving and calling me by name at poipet. Probably go to thai embassy while in Phnom Penh and see if I can get a tourist visa there.

More than one entry tourist visa is available, and you said as much. They just want to see that it is being used for multi trips rather than to remain in Thailand for an extended period. That has always been the case but perhaps they are checking closer now.

A visa entry ends on departure - days are not held for a new entry. You can keep the current permitted to stay time with a re-entry permit but it will not add any days (days outside of Thailand are lost).