My Wall Leaks!

Congrats :D

Good to hear you are home and dry

2 years ago I re-plumed my home, hot and cold + Central heating,

Only one leak and that was from the rising main inlet.

Never tackled pluming before so was quite chuffed.

Quality of Fittings are a little different, here so no unexpected problems but soldering joints takes a long time to acquire the knack, especially as I learnt from book. :D

Only part that I was worried about was the gas feed, :o

Checked by appropriate qualified engineer,

CORGIE Registered and he was quite impressed. :D

Good luck for the future,

Regards

Ivan

:D

Edited by IvanLaw

I found out there are at least two different grades of PVC pipe and fittings. The cheaper one they call economy. It is cheap for sure. Or maybe I should have said VERY poor quality. The pipe is noticeably thinner and the fittings are really bad as in the molded threads. The two halves of the mold apparently didn't match. One of the "T" couplings was so big on one end that no amount of glue would cement the pipe in. When several things leaked the little woman stood there and told me that I was kee neow with the gao. I immediately threw everything down, told her to do it herself and went out to have a few beers. The worst part about it was that when I got back home the repairs were finished and they didn't leak. :o

I found out there are at least two different grades of PVC pipe and fittings. The cheaper one they call economy. It is cheap for sure. Or maybe I should have said VERY poor quality. The pipe is noticeably thinner and the fittings are really bad as in the molded threads. The two halves of the mold apparently didn't match. One of the "T" couplings was so big on one end that no amount of glue would cement the pipe in. When several things leaked the little woman stood there and told me that I was kee neow with the gao. I immediately threw everything down, told her to do it herself and went out to have a few beers. The worst part about it was that when I got back home the repairs were finished and they didn't leak.  :o

Believe there are three or more grades of pipe and not sure of fittings but I always buy the type with brass insert threads rather than the plastic type.

Hope she was diplomatic enough not to say anything. :D

I immediately threw everything down, told her to do it herself and went out to have a few beers.

You're a braver man than I....

There are definitely several quality grades in the plastic pipe sold here. I couldn't get a decent seal on the plastic fittings with the metal insert, but maybe I was short on teflon tape.

I believe that in the States there are at least three grades. Schedule 40 is the thin stuff, Schedule 80 is very thick and beefy. There is also some other grade, incredibly thin, that people sometimes uses for lawn sprinklers and such where breakage isn't that big of a problem. (e.g. inside of a wall....).

However, I haven't seen labels on the different grades of pipe here in LOS. I guess you just have to inspect and make your choice.