Buffet "Eat As Much As You Can" In Jomtien

cartouche

Hmmm. The only Jomtien buffets I know about are the Olivier which has an appetizer/soup buffet when you order a main course and also a Friday night Scandanavian buffet at the Scandavian place down Soi 8. Both over your price range, but Oliver by not so much.

Oh, also the Shenanigans sunday carvery, over 400 baht though.

There are probably others but not sure you are going to find exactly what you want. In Pattaya though, there are such options.

Edited by Jingthing

Good tip about the Poseidon breakfast buffet, it is quite good, but I think they raised their price a little from what you quoted. It also runs until 1 pm, now that's civilized.

There was a Thai place near Eurostar on Jomtien beach road doing a "buffet" I think two nights a week for Thai food, at a low price. Then they stopped. But it wasn't really a buffet! The concept was just keep ordering off the menu as much as you want. I hate that concept, to me that is NOT a real buffet. Pointing this out as that is done sometimes in Thailand, they call it a buffet but it is not a buffet.

Edited by Jingthing

Before you read this, please make sure you are sitting down.

Now take a deep breath, this isn't going to be pleasant to hear.

The breakfast/lunch buffet at the Poseidon is now

165 baht.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Dam_n You, Jingthing, an increase of 20 ThB, you ruined my day. :jap:

I think TWENTY-FIVE baht from the original price, and if you eat there EVERYDAY as so many do, that increase is pushing TEN THOUSAND BAHT annualized. It's a crying shame!

ok then klang--------------i know not central pattaya but deserves a mention

bella express excellent bfast at 99 and excellent eve buffet---------------eat all you want at 150

but get there early----------------no later than 10 in morn and 7 at night-------------they havnt learnt how to keep hot

so all good but poor management re. heating control of food but well worth a visit

I am going to Jomtien (South Pattaya) in October.Who knows if there are any buffets "eat as much as you can" for 150 - 180 baht in Jomtien?THank you

May I ask the OP also if he considered to travel to Thailand by cargo ship?We all look forward to the arrival of the next QUALITY tourist in October.

In the US, the typical phrasing is all-you-can-eat.

But if you are discreet, sometimes you can get away with only as much as you'd like,

and you can leave without them forcing that last wafer-thin mint on you

SC

for Mr Creosote

Oh, I get it now, you lot are taking American style phrasing LITERALLY. That's funny.

In the US, the typical phrasing is all-you-can-eat.

But if you are discreet, sometimes you can get away with only as much as you'd like,

and you can leave without them forcing that last wafer-thin mint on you

SC

for Mr Creosote

Oh, I get it now, you lot are taking American style phrasing LITERALLY. That's funny.

You may wish to seek out the relevant scene from the film "The Meaning of Life", in which Mr Creosote eats as much as he can, plus 'one tiny wafer-thin mint'...

THis is shortly after my favourite health quote

"How are you feeling, sir" (not actually sure of the exact quote there)

"Better.... better bring another bucket"

I suppose it was funnier twenty-five years ago, when I was not as old as I am today

SC

I was at the Poseidon in Jomtien yesterday for the Breakfast Buffet, pleasantly surprised, I had herring, smoked fish, salami and bierwurst with fresh bread, eggs mimosa, tomato and cucumber salad, lasagne, vegetables in cream sauce.

Crème brulée, Tiramisu, cocktail of fresh fruit.

Fruit-juice to start, a cup of coffee and to conclude two espresso and two glasses of ice water.

I intend to go there now twice a week and will try their Week end dinner buffet also.

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 1

I think you'll find that the phrase is, "Eat as much as you like"

"Eat as much as you can" sounds so common. :)

:o

This is kinda off topic...but what the heck it's an off-topic day. Quite a few years ago a restaurant in my home town had a Eat All You Want Seafood day, mainly with fish, Srimp, Crab,etc. as the main dish. My brother attended. On his 13th serving the restaurant manager approached my brother and told him he was sorry but they refused to serve let my brother have another (the 14th) serving. The manager offered to refund my brother's money, but he just couldn't let him have that 14th full plate of seafood. My brother said no to the refund offer...because he said he was starting to feel a little full after the 13 full plates anyhow...so he figured it was a good value. That restaurant never ran the All You Can Eat Seafood special again.

I think my brother and his appetite killed their spirit

:o

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

foe what its worth i used to go to buffets in pattaya , apex hotel and lek hotel , the food is basically just slop !! annoyed.gif that was when i was a fat ba****d and wanted to shovel anything that was on offer down my neck , nowadays i prefer thai food and eat at noodle stalls.

• Like 1