Kawasaki Mini Gp Races At Brc On Saturday September 4Th, 2010

BigBikeBKK

Will you race at the next Kawasaki MiniGP?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The next Kawasaki Mini GP Races will take place on Saturday September 4th, 2010 at Bangkok Racing Circuit (BRC)

1.jpg

BRC is currently under construction- in the event repairs are not complete in time for the event the event will be moved to BIRA Circuit.

10.jpg

If you've got a KSR, D-Tracker, Ninja 250R or ER6n / Ninja 650R you can register the day of the event if you'd like to race.

15.jpg

Or just come enjoy the fun as well as vendor booths and free food and drinks sponsored by Kawasaki.

5.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

24.jpg

Hey Tony,

So is the Sept 11th event planning to be at Bira or BRC?

If its at Bira will it be on the big track or go kart track?

I rode by BRC this week, it is a mess from all the rain softening up the tarmac.

It's like the track is built on a swamp.

I guess some water pumps and proper drainage are out of the budget for them.

Edited by ttakata

Hey Tony,

So is the Sept 11th event planning to be at Bira or BRC?

If its at Bira will it be on the big track or go kart track?

I rode by BRC this week, it is a mess from all the rain softening up the tarmac.

It's like the track is built on a swamp.

I guess some water pumps and proper drainage are out of the budget for them.

Kawa is now saying Sept 11th and BRC. I was told the delay was due to the BRC being under construction but haven't been by to see. It would be great if they could fix up that track as it's been in very poor condition for quite some time. Ride On! Tony

Wow... so, I was thinking I'd hit the BRC this week to practice for Saturday's race and needed to go to ShowPow today to pick up some track fairings for the Gixxer so thought I'd stop by the BRC to see how the "repairs" were progressing...

This is what I saw:

090610BRC.JPG

What in the hel_l are they thinking?! This is what they call "repairs"?!?! :bah:

090610BRC1.JPG

I mean, the BRC has been rough and in need or serious renovation for years, but I've never seen it this bad... :ermm:

090610BRC2.JPG

I don't see how they can possibly hold sport bike racing there 5 days from now. Motard sure no problem, but Ninja 250R and Ninja 650R / ER6n?! No way!

090610BRC3.JPG

I have to wonder if Kawasaki is aware of the condition of the track. If they choose to proceed with the event with the track in this condition they're going to make fools out of themselves... Hopefully they are aware and will move the event to BIRA or Nakhon Chaisi because the BRC is more dangerous now than I've ever seen it. Whoever owns that place needs to get their act together and FIX the dam_n thing! :bah:

If Kawasaki proceeds with the MiniGP on Saturday I'm not going to race but I'm definitely going to come watch the carnage and bring a camera along too because there are bound to be some pretty cool crashes :lol:

Let the Good Times Roll??? :whistling:

Tony

Well ladies and gentlemen, stopped by Kawa HQ today and they say the MiniGP is still on at the BRC tomorrow. Wow- it's going to be 'interesting' to say the least. It's pouring rain right now but if the roads are dry in the morning I'm going to head over to the BRC to watch the mayhem. I'll bring the bike but doubt very much I'll race as that track is just too dangerous IMO.

Will keep you posted on how it goes!

Ride On!

Tony

Yeah after all the rain last night I just assumed there was no way the track would be dry.

Did they ever fix the track?

I'm guessing not.

I bet they're going to wait until rainy season is over before repaving.

They really need to install some massive drainage pumps or they will have this problem every year.

There was talk at Kawasaki today that they may re-schedule the MiniGP that was canceled last week to Saturday October 2nd at Thailand Circuit.

That would be awesome! It's a fantastic track and I'd love to hit it again with the ER6n "RR" :lol:

I hope the BRC will be either repaired or closed. What a disgrace! :bah:

Let the Good Times ROLL!