Energy Saving

Crossy

Rant ON.

Ok, here I am sitting in my nice 28th floor office looking out over the somewhat gloomy (today) city of Bangkok.

I am blxxdy FREEZING, the office temerature is about 20C, Brrrrrrr.

We adjusted the thermostat on our air-handlng unit, ahhh, nice and warm. 20 minutes later the 'building services' chap arrived (with a very large adustable spanner) to 'repair' our air-con. Even colder now.

I'm going to open a window to let some of the warmth in, makes ther copier paper damp though.

What has happened to all the directives, like to turn A/C off over the lunch hour. Nobody is bothering. I do my bit, drive a little slower, turn off a light at night etc.

Rant OFF

OK, again I feel a bit better, still cold though. Anyone else with similar problems?

Edited by Crossy

The same here in my office - it's between 17.5 - 19.5 deg C.

But that is on insistence of the khunying wannabies occupying the office next door, so that they can show-off daily their colourful collection of cashmere shawls! :o

I've been freezing my bottom off in my office too. Just rang the landlord up and it's getting a little warmer now.

The problem with energy saving in office buildings is they can't switch off the air-con during lunch break as it'll cost more to start the whole system again at 1PM.

So I do what I can. I don't drive unless I need to. Switch off the light when I am just lying there staring at the ceiling. Unplug my TV and stereo when not used.

not complaining. just an observation....

I've taken the VIP 24-seat, and 32-seat buses fairly often in my travels here in thailand.

noticed that they always have the air/con on almost to freezing. ...you can actually see the fog from your breath.

and at night, they give you this wool blanket to keep you warm. ????

Was at The Ministry of Forign Affairs on Wednesday and I'm certain that it got warmer during the lunchbreak. Maybe just me, but I overheard others saying the same.

How about the folk who park their vehicles for ten minutes, leaving the engine running. OK, they want it cold when they get back from their strenuous 2 min walk, but what a waste - let alone the fuel and pollution.

One example of where the energy saving is actually working...

My wife still does not believe me when I say that I cannot buy a beer in between 2pm and 5pm even at a resturaunt, so we went to Fuji today and she immediately asks for a beer, my sister in law wants a sake etc, no can do...so we left.

We ended up eating at home where I have some beer in the fridge.

How does that save energy?

Well, there was nobody in the Fuji. The lady at the door told us no one comes anymore if they cannot have a beer, so I guess it means less energy used as they do not have to cook anything :o

Drove up to Udon last Friday night and came across a very good example of "energy saving" about 2 hours south of Khon Kaen.

Service Station approx 1am the place was rocking pickups every which way peoples by the hundreds (no bull) peoples filling up their cars & trucks - pulled alongside the 91 bowser and was informed "no way until 5 am" only diesel ????? :o

I know TiT more appropriately OiT (Only in Thailand)

not complaining.  just an observation....

I've taken the VIP 24-seat, and 32-seat buses fairly often in my travels here in thailand.

noticed that they always have the air/con on almost to freezing.  ...you can actually see the fog from your breath.

and at night, they give you this wool blanket to keep you warm.  ????

I agree with your comments about it being bloody freezing sometimes on the buses... However, I have also been on a bus when the aircon wasn't working.. I know which I prefer.. :o

totster :D

They could start with the AC's in the cinema's...i am always freezing when i go to see a film! I guess they have the AC on over lunchtime too!!!

Yeah, once I had to leave the cinema before the movie ends as I just couldn't stand the cold (MBK cinema). Since then I make sure I'll bring sweat shirt and neck warmer before going to cinemas.

BTW Krisada Plaza immigration one-stop service office used to be the most freezing place of all I knew in Thailand. Seems not quite so anymore.