Pot Luck

scorpio1945

Everything I typed on the cheese thread was done with a smile. I dunno about the others.

I've gone off cheese to be honest. :D Why don't we all assume everything is done on here with a Smile. That way no one should really get too upset. Or is it just my simplistic view , being a simpleton and all :(

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my wife and I come visit in Phayao in Feb/March, I hope this pot luck is still a happening every month and would like to visit. My wife's cousin is the lead chief in one of the great restaurants in Sweden and works there 9 months out of the year and comes back to Phayao from Jan/Apr and always cooks for me his specialties. His Swedish meatballs are to die for and sells them on the side. For sure I would like to bring him also.

Looking forward to the PotLuck in February and March! Let the Swedish meatballs roll!

With some nice gravy and Lingonberry!

:licklips::P:licklips:

Is the recipe for those beans a secret ? Seriously tasty.

Sven and I were discussing how we used to eat baked beans as a last resort when the fridge was empty , in our batchelor days, after a session on the Beavers Milk . He used to eat frozen Pizza too. used to defrost in his mouth he was saying :D

Jubby - I will be happy to send a PM with the baked beans recipe if you are interested. i would post it here if anyone really wants it .

I do make a big batch and freeze it in 1kg servings but you can scale the recipe. ... I do not put the frozen beans in my mouth to defrost as I still have nerves and teeth in my mouth...poor Sven :lol:

I have not only pot-luck but good luck at the Kangaroo Bar every Sunday. Good OLD Gary lays on a fine selection of hot and cold food

for FREE and all I have to do is turn up and eat . I dont even have to take anything for others to share either. Seems a better deal to me. Also, I can wash it all down with a cold inexpensive beer. :D

Maybe if you come there you will find me but I may not tell you who I am. :D

Hey, me and Geno get on fine. I'm still working on some others though . They'll come around :D

Hey VF. I'll try to improve my Aim next time :)

Nice song just sprung to my head. Don't know why. thought I'd share it B)

There must be a story behind that-peeing on a shoe. I will try not to stand too close. Used to DJ and own a lot of original albums I bought new and have No Secrets with that song-her 1st album.Gives you an idea how old I am.

Edited by ginooooo

I have not only pot-luck but good luck at the Kangaroo Bar every Sunday. Good OLD Gary lays on a fine selection of hot and cold food

for FREE and all I have to do is turn up and eat . I dont even have to take anything for others to share either. Seems a better deal to me. Also, I can wash it all down with a cold inexpensive beer. :D

Sunny, thats an easy one. You'll be the grey faced brit clutching a Jar of Pickled onions. probably the Guy closest to the food, and the only guy not wearing a hat with corks hanging from it.

On Sunday the 26th you'll be the Guy sat on his lonesome :)

maybe big Garys taking you down to KC with him

Edited by jubby

I am sure you are not posting on behalf of garry as he, as an Aussie, would know how ruded it is to go to someones place and try to poach the attendees.

Not sure if it was just a mistake done after having imbibed too much there but you would be welcome at the Pot Luck I am sure.

Is the recipe for those beans a secret ? Seriously tasty.

Sven and I were discussing how we used to eat baked beans as a last resort when the fridge was empty , in our batchelor days, after a session on the Beavers Milk . He used to eat frozen Pizza too. used to defrost in his mouth he was saying :D

Jubby - I will be happy to send a PM with the baked beans recipe if you are interested. i would post it here if anyone really wants it .

I do make a big batch and freeze it in 1kg servings but you can scale the recipe. ... I do not put the frozen beans in my mouth to defrost as I still have nerves and teeth in my mouth...poor Sven :lol:

Jubby - My recipe has more than the 400 character limit theTV PM's permit so I will post a pdf file of the recipe on our board for you as well as the rest of the board. Enjoy

Bake bean recipe.pdf

Edited by mellofello

Took the paperwork out today. It requested that they reserve the last Sunday of the month for us through March so mark your calenders. After that it may be too hot or rainy but we can deal with it at that time. The March one could be toasty as well. Took a big container of goodies for the employees so they are happy.:)

Took a big container of goodies for the employees so they are happy.:)

13 kg´s of Mellofello´s baked beans ?

Well done !

:);):D

If I had 13 kg of Mello's beans. I would have hidden them. ;) Afraid I am too selfish.:huh: They got the goodies I can buy.:)

Hey Scorpio no need to be without baked beans come over and we can throw a batch together! I think Kandahar's secret pulled beef with the baked beans makes a killer sandwich...Mmmm *******NEWS UPDATE******* I heard a rumor that there were wedding bells in your world...Congratulations!

Took a big container of goodies for the employees so they are happy.:)

13 kg´s of Mellofello´s baked beans ?

Well done !

:);):D

If I had 13 kg of Mello's beans. I would have hidden them. ;) Afraid I am too selfish.:huh: They got the goodies I can buy.:)

*******NEWS UPDATE******* I heard a rumor that there were wedding bells in your world...Congratulations!

True. It was supposed to be on the eighth but at the last minute the village shaman? decided that the seventh was a better date. :unsure: Not too bad. I survived with only a back ache. Those Thai chairs are hard. Got out before the serious drinking started. :D

*******NEWS UPDATE******* I heard a rumor that there were wedding bells in your world...Congratulations!

True. It was supposed to be on the eighth but at the last minute the village shaman? decided that the seventh was a better date. :unsure: Not too bad. I survived with only a back ache. Those Thai chairs are hard. Got out before the serious drinking started. :D

This is all good news then for both of you! Heartfelt Congratulations and well wishes to both bride and groom.

It was Pot-Luck again last Sunday at the Kangaroo bar, funny really as it seems to be occupied by the Brits !! No Ozzies other than the Host which is odd, thought he would have the place full of compatriots ?

Gary , bless him did a great spread of food, grilled steaks, 1/4lb burgers , baps (bread rolls to some of you ) salad, cheese , biscuits, pickles and Pizza . There must have been 20 of us while I was there , didnt see any of you ?

Gary is still catering for his Customers without question , all for free. He is one of the nicest Australians I have met and has a heart of Gold.

If you've never been its in the village of Hong Oh, Tambon Doi Hang, on the road that goes to Dons Cafe, its the village before Dons.

It was Pot-Luck again last Sunday at the Kangaroo bar, funny really as it seems to be occupied by the Brits !! No Ozzies other than the Host which is odd, thought he would have the place full of compatriots ?

Gary , bless him did a great spread of food, grilled steaks, 1/4lb burgers , baps (bread rolls to some of you ) salad, cheese , biscuits, pickles and Pizza . There must have been 20 of us while I was there , didnt see any of you ?

Gary is still catering for his Customers without question , all for free. He is one of the nicest Australians I have met and has a heart of Gold.

If you've never been its in the village of Hong Oh, Tambon Doi Hang, on the road that goes to Dons Cafe, its the village before Dons.

Tell garry he is losing customers by attempting to poach them from here

also]

"25) Members are forbidden to solicit for or accept donations, gifts etc. for providing such advice to visitors and members. Likewise, it is not permitted to steer or solicit members and visitors to go to locations or businesses where it is necessary to pay for services or assistance. The exception is ThaiVisa.com sponsors, who may reasonably promote themselves."

Pot Luck is a gathering of people, each who contribute a dish they have prepared.

Let's please try to limit the posts to such gatherings of mutual friends and forum members who get together in non-commercial settings like parks, a member's home, etc.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

I have no problem with promoting The Kangaroo bar. I have heard good things about it too. This just seems an odd place to do it. ;) Am I missing missing something :ermm: or is unsunny missing something.:huh:

You're missing post 199, which says this: ( Rule number 25) Members are forbidden to solicit for or accept donations, gifts etc. for providing such advice to visitors and members. Likewise, it is not permitted to steer or solicit members and visitors to go to locations or businesses where it is necessary to pay for services or assistance. The exception is ThaiVisa.com sponsors, who may reasonably promote themselves."

As for what unsunny is missing, ................................................................................

I am sure Garry does a great job. In it's own thread a review would be welcome but I for one get a little bit upset with sunny comming here to do it. This is a place for info about the pot luck open to all which scorpio did such a great job of getting running. I would not dream of going into Garry's place and yelling out to go to the Pot Luck. If Garry or Sunny want to come to the Pot Luck in the park I am sure they would be welcome.

I will be attending POT LUCK for the first time on the 26th. I will be bringing along my attempt at 'Chilli Con Carne'. I look forward to catching up with old aquaintances and making some new ones.

Cheers

ImageDude B)

:thumbsup: I am looking forward to see you again! :thumbsup:

:DB):D