(29.08 KBps)

Speedometer

MySpeed Results

Download 431,360 bps

Upload 108,576 bps

QOS 95%

RTT 44 ms

MaxPause 371 ms

I don't think my Maxnet4home was ever this fast before. What are you Maxnet4life folks getting today?

Download 469,112 bps

Upload 299,424 bps

QOS 96%

RTT 37 ms

MaxPause 47 ms

Getting speeds like this every morning!

Later during the day the speed tests slow down (most of them anyway), but not my real life downloading / surfing.

Don't really understand it. My antivirus updates at 60kBps, I download files in the low 50's, but when I test with mcafee it gives me a speed of only 15kBps...

Same as BigOllieG, he was being angry because mcafee indicated him only a very low speed, but a real life download test told him he was downloading at over 800kbps (he has the 1024/256)

At my friends house at Mabprachan Lake (who still has maxnet4home) it has improved as well, to the point of getting usable most of the day, but certainly not being fast.

It mainly slows down a lot during peak hours, still indicating a high contention ratio.

In the afternoon/early evening he certainly can't listen to streaming radio, but it seems to work on the maxnet4life package without one hickup in a 24 hours period....

Have any of you tried the speed test on a local website, you'll find the results much better, so for Thais that will be looking at Thai sites the service isnt bad but for anyone that wants to see anything from the rest of the planet it sucks:

(Maxnet4home 512/256 Hua Hin)

Download 64,016 bps

Upload 84,168 bps

QOS 19%

RTT 37 ms

MaxPause 1922 ms

This test from http://www.adslthailand.com/bandwidthmeter/meter.php

Your current bandwidth reading is: 305.70kbps

which means you can download at 38.21 KB/sec. from our servers.

Test Time: July 23, 2005, 11:03 am

Still very annoying :o

Reading this thread over the past few days and running My Speed Tests l wonder just how much value you can put in these tests. :o The other night at 2am l ran that test ten times in ten minutes. I won't bother posting all the results here but the downloads reported were all over the place, 20, 48, 102, 31, 123,000bps etc. The QOS ranged from 2% to 73%. This was using True 256/128 on the outskirts of Bangkok.

It sounds like l have a pretty poor connection but during the day l downloaded 300mb of podcasts. They were being downloaded at 40-50mb an hour in real life, which seems reasonable to me, considering l was also surfing and listening to crystal clear streaming internet radio. I was recently using dial-up on different computers in Australia and my True unlimited adsl for AUD20 a month looks good by comparison, both speed and price wise.

FWIW after seeing the discussions here and talking to others, unless you need to run a business or have to game online l can't see why most even people bother with the ultra hi-speed packages as for years people have complained about Thai ISP's not living up to expectations. Nobody l know on a premium package is happy, a good reason not to waste your money on such packages that rarely deliver on what they promise.

My vote for worst internet in Thailand btw still goes to the free TOT using my sister-in-laws PC in Chonburi, 5-10 mins. per page to load a site like Thai Visa. :D

Your current bandwidth reading is: 237.20kbps

which means you can download at 29.65 KB/sec. from our servers.

Test Time: July 23, 2005, 11:18 am

Download 141,216 bps

Upload 50,824 bps

QOS 36%

RTT 5 ms

MaxPause 1492 ms

True 256/128

Listening to AFL on the internet, don't know if that affects the figures at all.

TOT 1024/256...

Today at 14:00... seems to give better QoS on weekdays than weekends,

and daytime than evenings.

And that speakeasy test at dslreports.com usualy gives better and more

consistent speeds... (usually 520/170Kbps or so).

Well... in general, works well. No problems with bittorrent or listening

to webradios (well, high bandwith european ones don't work).

MySpeed Results

Download 423,752 bps

Upload 108,504 bps

QOS 60%

RTT 162 ms

MaxPause 782 ms

My line quality is ok, I think...

Operation Data Upstream Downstream

Noise Margin 31 dB 31 dB

Attenuation 10 dB 10 dB

TOT head office is just 500m away or so... and I would presume

they might have nearest DSLAM there.

/ode

Have just watched streaming TV (VTM's Telefacts), which comes in at 298 kbps, and it didn't need to rebuffer once.

Pretty happy with that, wasn't possible with my previous Ji-net pakage, and probably not on Maxnet4home either!

Considering it's a long weekend for the schoolbrats, and the fact that downloading from Belgium never has been fast due to routing which goes all the way through the US of A I'm pretty impressed :D

Happy Maxnet customer again (although at a higher price :o )

You have to carefully follow/read an ongoing discussion to get the idea.

I've been happy with the internet access Maxnet supplies.

Even Maxnet4home, at the 845 Baht/month it costs is an acceptable deal. You'll get faster then modemspeeds at most times, sometimes a lot faster, for the same price or less then the combined cost of phonecalls/hourcards on dialup would cost you.

I do want to blow up their marketing department though, for the way they lured people into signing up by giving a service they very well knowingly could not sustain!

I, and a lot of others, were perfectly willing to risk the two months advance fee to try out the Maxnet4home package. No excuse. We thought it was great (well it WAS great the first few weeks). This fact we communicated to a lot of others asking for info about adsl services available.

Hence a lot of others signed up, some of them with a year contract to secure the free modem...

In hind sight we now realize this was exactly what their marketing department expected to happen.

When they had enough subscribers, they just degraded the quality of the access.

They should have just given what they could sustain, then we could have at least given out correct info about the service to be expected from their Maxnet4home package...

Then we could have advised people who need reliable and fast access to go straight to the more expensive packages.

What I communicated in my previous post, is that the Maxnet4life supplies the quality one might expect from the 2500 Baht/month it costs.

So yes, I'm a happy customer of the product supplied to me by the Maxnet technicians, but I'm still mighty piss#d off by what their marketing people dictated their technical department to do :o