The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

Do you remember a few years ago, when they wanted to increase their prices by a few hundred Baht? They had a demonstration outside the old airport.

Whatever happened to these concerned local business people?

anyone up for a good old fashion demostration ????? i am sure with the power of social media on the web, we could get a good crowd..

note to Big C - this will be a peacefull demo... so leave the queensbury rule and petrol bombs at home :whistling:

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are in business its difficult,cos time is money,but if you are a lazy git like me with plenty of time why not "vote with your feet" and go air asia.I have been doing this a while now and only when desperate to get back quickly do i cough up the large dosh.Someone recently mentioned how ridiculous there new service was to trat....................overpriced again with litle or no service,the taxi mafia were operating very well outside the airport(in trat)not even mini buses available.Check out the letter in samui express.

We are nearly "there" with the new Lomprayah express boat service between donsak and samui, but It would be great if Airasia have more daily flights to Suratthani (at least one flight in every two hour both ways) and Lomprayah would offer an express service to samui at the same time when the plane arrive so you can have a hassle free trip to samui from bkk for not more than 1800 Baht...

They would beat BKKAir for sure, and they would be forced to lower their air fares to a much more competetive price.

Bkk-Suratthani flight 40 mins, 1300 Baht

Suratthani airport transfer to city by bus 20 mins, 50 Baht

Suratthani city to samui by express boat 1 hour, 450 Baht

You could have a nice all-in-one service and the trip shouldn't take more than 2 hour... You pay your ticket and they take care everything about you.

It would be great if Lomprayah takes u to Bangrak instead of Nathong and free transfer to any city with minibus.

I agree, this is getting ridiculous now.

A family of 4 who were due to visit me this Summer are seriously considering their plans, solely because of these prices. That’s 2 hotels rooms for 14 nights, at least 14 meals out for 4, various fun activities, shopping, etc, all lost by the island because of Bangkok Airways.

But what can we do?

1 Vote with your feet.

Excellent idea. Use alternative methods. Saves money. The downside is that BA loses a bit of revenue, and, most likely, puts up the prices again to recover the shortfall.

2 Complain.

If it is just a few Farang, then we will be dismissed as being stupid and with no right to interfere with their business.

3 Complain ‘higher up’.

Would TAT be prepared to investigate? Or our Mayor? Or the Government? The loss of face issue will make it very difficult to get a result.

A demonstration sounds like a good idea. Loads of people responded to the oil rig thing a while back, but would we get the local businesses and community (and I don’t mean just Farang) involved?

Any other ideas?

We can all moan and whinge and say ‘it is not fair!!!’ but I do think that now more people will go one step further and say that they can no longer afford it. I know I am in that category. And my 4 friends from the UK are too.

So, what other thoughts do people have? Personally I think it needs to be a concerted effort so as to get noticed, and importantly, something that involves us stupid Farang and Thais together.

A family of 4 who were due to visit me this Summer are seriously considering their plans, solely because of these prices. That's 2 hotels rooms for 14 nights, at least 14 meals out for 4, various fun activities, shopping, etc, all lost by the island because of Bangkok Airways.

But what can we do?

1 Vote with your feet.

Excellent idea. Use alternative methods. Saves money. The downside is that BA loses a bit of revenue, and, most likely, puts up the prices again to recover the shortfall.

2 Complain.

If it is just a few Farang, then we will be dismissed as being stupid and with no right to interfere with their business.

3 Complain 'higher up'.

Would TAT be prepared to investigate? Or our Mayor? Or the Government? The loss of face issue will make it very difficult to get a result.

A demonstration sounds like a good idea. Loads of people responded to the oil rig thing a while back, but would we get the local businesses and community (and I don't mean just Farang) involved?

Any other ideas?

We can all moan and whinge and say 'it is not fair!!!' but I do think that now more people will go one step further and say that they can no longer afford it. I know I am in that category. And my 4 friends from the UK are too.

So, what other thoughts do people have? Personally I think it needs to be a concerted effort so as to get noticed, and importantly, something that involves us stupid Farang and Thais together.

By Thai law ALL transportation routes and licences and prices are set and controlled by The Communications Authority of Thailand. i.e., buses,trains,ferries and air. While lower fares than the set rate are permitted, raising it above this rate is not. So obviously Bangkok Airways has high connections in Government and the composition of their Board of Directors features some interesting names especially in the Air Force where they collect fat perks and salaries ! :realangry: The Aussies discovered this when they proposed a luxury 45 knot ferry from Surat Thani to Samui 20 years ago !

A family of 4 who were due to visit me this Summer are seriously considering their plans, solely because of these prices. That's 2 hotels rooms for 14 nights, at least 14 meals out for 4, various fun activities, shopping, etc, all lost by the island because of Bangkok Airways.

But what can we do?

1 Vote with your feet.

2 Complain.

3 Complain 'higher up'.

A demonstration sounds like a good idea. Loads of people responded to the oil rig thing a while back, but would we get the local businesses and community (and I don't mean just Farang) involved?

Any other ideas?

We can all moan and whinge and say 'it is not fair!!!' but I do think that now more people will go one step further and say that they can no longer afford it. I know I am in that category. And my 4 friends from the UK are too.

By Thai law ALL transportation routes and licences and prices are set and controlled by The Communications Authority of Thailand. i.e., buses,trains,ferries and air. While lower fares than the set rate are permitted, raising it above this rate is not. So obviously Bangkok Airways has high connections in Government and the composition of their Board of Directors features some interesting names especially in the Air Force where they collect fat perks and salaries ! :realangry: The Aussies discovered this when they proposed a luxury 45 knot ferry from Surat Thani to Samui 20 years ago !

very interesting

By Thai law ALL transportation routes and licences and prices are set and controlled by The Communications Authority of Thailan

would anyone know what the ' officially ' is the set price to samui, or how the calculate it?

But what can we do?

1 Vote with your feet.

2 Complain.

3 Complain 'higher up'.

Any other ideas?

very interesting

By Thai law ALL transportation routes and licences and prices are set and controlled by The Communications Authority of Thailan

would anyone know what the ' officially ' is the set price to samui, or how the calculate it?

www.bangkokair.co.th

or dial 1771

in high swASON THE wanted betwn 7- 10 k

I am pretty sure that when Bangkok Airways originally invested a massive amount of money to build a commercial airport on Samui a lot of people were very happy, you could even attribute a large part of Samui's growth (wanted or wanted) to Bangkok Airways. They took the chance and it eventually paid for them, now they may seem overpriced, thats called business or reaping the rewards of the initial investment.

this line of thinking has been quoted so often i wish i had a baht for everytime i heard it, the problem is that bkk airs deserving or not profits are negativly affecting the residents of the island. when a public or private company begins being a burden on the well being of the general population then it is time to change a few rules and give that company a reality check. I have long been saying that a price of 1,000 to 1,500 baht to bkk is a reasonable price. thoink about the residence with children, samu has no real parks or culture centres for the kids, if the bkk prices were jjst a tad lower quick flight to bkk would become more frequent and affordable, why does phuket have the leg up on samui? not the beaches, nor hotels but affordable air tickets make all the difference.

uh, i suspect the road helps as well.

Edited by nocturn

as for boycotting bangkok air. it is too late they have got away with ripping us off for too long. they probably have enough money now to stay afloat for about 30 decades. the :ph34r: ers

Do you still have the boxes of "Hate BA" T-shirts you were going to sell to all the unhappy punters? :cheesy:

just looked at a random date in march and 4455 THB one way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, with the cheapest flight ( note only 1 flight that week ) at 3855 THB one way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is getting stupid now !

Nok Air - 1790 THB for the same flight

Airasia - 1050 THB for the same flight ( but doesn't include the transfer and ferry like Nok Air )

Boyccot RP (Ripp Off Air)!

It's the only wayph34r.gif But why we complain. The tell us clear:

PG = Boutique Airline

Did you get anything cheap in a boutique?

Boutique Airline means ticketing is expensive like shopping in a boutique.

Clear message. So why we complain? This is just the Thai Way to tell you the bitter truth!bah.gif

Edited by yogya

Dropping relatives off early this morning I noticed they are constructing a kiosk at the entry to the departures car park.

Looks like our friendly Boutique airline is gearing up to charge us for parking at both airport car parks very very soon...................

i can understand the charge at arrivals, but departures as well? Crooks the lot of them 1

as for boycotting bangkok air. it is too late they have got away with ripping us off for too long. they probably have enough money now to stay afloat for about 30 decades. the :ph34r: ers

The Government should put a compulsory purchase order on the airport.

The Government should put a compulsory purchase order on the airport.

Absolutely correct but they won't because the owner of BKK is part of the "old boys network", the elite, so they can get away with what they want as they do with bangkok Samui Hospital's despicable behaviour.

This is a "hospital" that will NEVER let correct medical advice get in the way of handing out an extortionate and thoroughly unwarrented bill.

Edited by carmine

Do you still have the boxes of "Hate BA" T-shirts you were going to sell to all the unhappy punters? :cheesy:

A few less riff raff to deal with at tthe airport?

Let's just close the economy section and simply make the whole departure area for premium passengers.

Free beer anyone? :D

My latest expirience with Rip Off Airways:

Asia'sBoutique Airline

My first flight with Bangkok Air(PG) took off 1995. I'm a frequent flyer and a Thai Air ROP Gold member since10 years. On 18/11 I had a horror trip with PG 199 from Bangkok to Samui.

• My flight at 21.00 was delayed for 1 ½ hours. I asked a cabin staff: Why this flight is delayed? Her answer: We don't mind you! Wow that was argument.
  • When we arrived at Samui Airport no ground staff was able to show me the way to the Int. Baggage Claim. In the end my bag got lost. After midnight I called my sleeping driver. He waited for 2 hours at the airport and of course I had to pay to him. And more trouble when I tried to check in around 0.45 at my hotel. I had to wake up the owner.
  • Early evening next day I found my unattended bag at the lobby in my hotel. Again no information, while PG had my phone number. In the end PG paid 50% only from my expenses for an underpaint, a short, and a shirt.

So I wrote a letter to the President of PG. Of course I never got an answer from him. That's the Thai way to solve problems. After nearly one month I sent my letter again and wonder sometimes happen. I got an unsatisfied answer from the Customer Relations Department and a warm SORRY for the inconvenience.

So it comes to my mind:

Maybe the slogan'Asia's Boutique Airline' means only, the ticket price is expensive like shopping in a boutique?

Now my public questions to the President of PG, Dr. Prasert, again:

• Why are some flights BKK – USM (e.g. 22.00) so many times delayed?
  • Why is the ticket so expensive on the BKK-USM route compared to other domestic routes and to other airlines?
  • Why did PG cancel the hot meal, but steadily raise the ticket prices?
  • Why are some staffs very rude to their customers?
  • Why usually no announcement and compensation is given if a flight is delayed? Why nobody say 'Kood Tod'?
  • Why PG only pay half for expenses when a bag got lost?
  • How can these happen from "Asia's Boutique Airline"?

I'm humble waiting for your public statement Dr. Prasert.

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the beeest...

Aaaaaand.......

You should try Iraqi airways!

will make you realize how petty some people can become if everything isn't perfect in their world.

2 to 9 hour delays every single flight. people paying 200$ for 2$ visa's, bags thrown out of luggage claim in a big pile, etc. etc. etc. :hit-the-fan:

All good fun though people ! :clap2:

I am used to the PG 'Samui' surcharge. But it is now becoming outrageous.

If one checks some random dates with PG, say 2 months from now between Phuket - BKK and USM - BKK, you can all see there is a 100% prices difference. Even though the flight to Bangkok is a greater distance and should require more jet fuel consumed.

How can Bangkok Airways themselves justify that to themselves let alone the punters!! That is true extortion. No different to the Tuk tuk mafia in Phuket... !!

Maybe because PG are a Boutique mafia??

Bkk airways can't be classed as boutique any more not when meals come in a cardboard box. They also charge 300bt airport tax from Samui and now looks like they will charge for parking at the departure car park.

We all should complain about the

• sky rocking ticket prices
  • many delayed flights
  • expensive taxi prices at Samui airport, because of kickback to PG
  • blocking of other airlines by Bangkok Air
  • blocking to build a second airport

by sending an email to:

Let's blow some storms into the face of Ripp Off Air!

Edited by yogya

My latest expirience with Rip Off Airways:

Asia'sBoutique Airline

• Why are some flights BKK – USM (e.g. 22.00) so many times delayed?
  • Why is the ticket so expensive on the BKK-USM route compared to other domestic routes and to other airlines?
  • Why did PG cancel the hot meal, but steadily raise the ticket prices?
  • Why are some staffs very rude to their customers?
  • Why usually no announcement and compensation is given if a flight is delayed? Why nobody say 'Kood Tod'?
  • Why PG only pay half for expenses when a bag got lost?
  • How can these happen from "Asia's Boutique Airline"?

I'm humble waiting for your public statement Dr. Prasert.

How about

• We delay the last flight of the day to make sure that we get all of the late International flights carrying passengers who want to travel on to Samui. It is cheaper to delay the flight that putting them up in hotels.
  • The ticket is not expensive - it is the 'going' rate to Samui. All airlines to Samui from BKK charge the same price!(You have no other choice apart from bus or train. Gotcha <_<!)
  • Hot meal cancelled to save money. Passengers complain anyway, so why be nice?
  • Staff are rude because they are arrogant. They know that you do not have a choice.
  • This is normal service. Why apologise?
  • We are generous to a fault. We could have paid nothing!
  • "Boutique - a small shop selling fashionable clothes." Who said anything about being able to run an airline?

Bkk airways can't be classed as boutique any more not when meals come in a cardboard box. They also charge 300bt airport tax from Samui and now looks like they will charge for parking at the departure car park.

I think that this thread might continue indefinitely.

No doubt the fares are far too high as a result of Samui being the "cash cow".

What to do about it?

I would suggest that in order to move forward, a petition written lucidly in English and Thai led by a Thai Visa stalwart (Crusty,Smokie??)should be sent to the

Director General Civil Aviation (DGCA)copying in the Minster of Transport and the Airports Authority of Thailand.

This petition could be made available for signing in many of the popular watering holes around the island(s).

From the vociferous comments about the outrageous prices

I would have thought that there would be no shortage of people wishing to sign.

This might also generate some media interest as well.

I have always supported BA as a well-run efficient and most importantly, safe airline, however increasing the fares to their present level is totally wrong and unacceptable. :annoyed:

A few less riff raff to deal with at tthe airport?

Let's just close the economy section and simply make the whole departure area for premium passengers.

Free beer anyone? :D

i might do it. No more Rip offs with Bangkok Air Drop prices or company can R.I.P

On the back buy T-shirt Bangkok air style only 7000 baht promotion to haters for 199.

The yellows closed airport in bangkok. i can't even be bother to try the spell it.

do i have to spell the rest out for u. Pass the beer. piss up oput side depater gate in samui :D

just looked for a flight 10th to 22nd april came in at a very reasonable 9820 baht return for 1 person and that is the cheapest option! :blink:

nok air inc high speed cat 4594 baht return 1 person

as there are the 2 of us i think i have had my mind made up for me :realangry:

Edited by BusyBee123