The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

Live & learn. The staff mafia in arrivals.

Didn't you get a receipt?

Big mistake that in my opinion....whistling.gif

If you are part of the Bangkokair Flyerbonus program you would have received an email to partake in a survey either yesterday or today,

there is a section for comments at the end for comments

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO...

Had three of these surveys and mentioned three times exactly that!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just completed my survey. Got acknowledgement that the management team will review. Sure I say lmao. :D

We booked a all round trip and got a good deal but if we had booked the flight on its own it would of been double to fly from bangkok to samui crazy when you think about it,we are also flying from phuket to bali and return cheaper then flying to phuket from samui?

What is Bangkok airways doing,no wonder they is a two price system

No wonder there is a 2 price system in samui thats my 2 pence worth

Edited by doingok

We booked a all round trip and got a good deal but if we had booked the flight on its own it would of been double to fly from bangkok to samui crazy when you think about it,we are also flying from phuket to bali and return cheaper then flying to phuket from samui?

yep butunfortunalty actions speak louder than words but at least we know that about 90 percent of the island don,t like bbk irways so we are getting support should any action be

yep butunfortunalty actions speak louder than words but at least we know that about 90 percent of the island don,t like bbk irways so we are getting support should any action be

Its quite simple what they are doing. They are holding this island back massively.

Governments here, be it the last one or the incumbent, know exactly what they are doing and simply let it happen which is a scandal in itself. Thats why they have no credibility with me, but as a guest here my views are of course irrelevant. Its just such a shame to see what is being allowed to happen because of one companies greed.

I have edited to spell scandal correctly. ;)

Edited by Rooo
Fixed incumbent & irrelevant. Were Big C style.

Waiting at the airport to pick up friends. The last ETA is its arriving at 18.20, one and a half hours late. All this wonderful airline can tell me is its raining at the point of their departure. :huh: Thats its for your boutique island airline service. Unaware of the status of their flights and if infact they are, which i hope, can't be bothered to have staff man a telephone to keep people in the picture.

Absolute crap service.

airasia r doing flights to bbk for 230 baht. that would cover the cost of getting to the airport.

We are going to phuket anyway for a couple of days so we can have a look around before we fly to bali.9.460.00 bath to bali is great i think well done Asia airclap2.gif

I will have to ask for a receipt of my singha in the BKK airport lol hit-the-fan.gif

Edited by doingok

Credit where credits due. :unsure:

I can confirm that after two hours of trying to get through, bangkok Airways did actually answer the phone and let me know the plane would be landing in thirty minutes. Strangely enough, through the sheer futility of having to deal with them, in the end i almost felt grateful they answered the phone. :(

The only thing boutique about this airline is the cost of a flight.

Edited by carmine

Credit where credits due. :unsure:

I can confirm that after two hours of trying to get through, bangkok Airways did actually answer the phone and let me know the plane would be landing in thirty minutes. Strangely enough, through the sheer futility of having to deal with them, in the end i almost felt grateful they answered the phone. :(

The only thing boutique about this airline is the cost of a flight.

laugh.gif Does anyone know if the Silk Air/BA codeshare applies to Singapore Airlines itself? I might fly them next time first class....if I'm not lying on the roadside with avarice oozing from every pore.

I assume the SUI-SIN route has at least biz class?

BKK airways are doing a sea to sea promotion in Pattaya so pattaya to samui or phuket, funnily enough the Samui 2 night stay is 2000 baht more than the phuket 2 night stay. now considering the plane stops in Samui on its way to Phuket is confusing or is it greed. cannot work that one out.

BKK airways are doing a sea to sea promotion in Pattaya so pattaya to samui or phuket, funnily enough the Samui 2 night stay is 2000 baht more than the phuket 2 night stay. now considering the plane stops in Samui on its way to Phuket is confusing or is it greed. cannot work that one out.

You could always feign illness and alight in Samui...laugh.gif

just in case anybody thinks of doing this bear in mind your hotel is booked in the 2 night stay is in Phuket, sure nobody would but just in case.

just in case anybody thinks of doing this bear in mind your hotel is booked in the 2 night stay is in Phuket, sure nobody would but just in case.

Keep the riff raff off Samui...well the ones who haven't yet arrived unfortunately....some of 'em pitched up before the prices were raised. biggrin.gif

Pattaya (U-Tapao) - Phuket 1,925 THB

Pattaya (U-Tapao) - Samui 3,060 THB

What's going to stop you from boarding the plane to Phuket when changing plane on Samui. :rolleyes:

Welcome NALAK.

Phuket - Pattaya (U-Tapao) 1,925 THB

Phuket - Samui 2,615 THB

Welcome to Samui from Phuket.

Just miss the second leg. :lol:

Be sure to travel without checked in luggage.

Edited by PoorSucker

Keep the riff raff off Samui...well the ones who haven't yet arrived unfortunately....some of 'em pitched up before the prices were raised.

agreed at least we know that people who are here on holiday have loads of money so we can bleed them dry :D

send all the riff raff to Phuket they can have all the scum of the earth. fortunate for me i pitched up along time ago and cannot afford to leave so time for me ( mr Scum ) to become the daddy in here. :D

rmeindes me i have to change that shell suite that i ordered from the UK

Edited by BigC

• 3 weeks later...

Hooray its high season!laugh.gif

As an aside I'm disappointed to see a thread closed in which a seroius discussion was taking place in between the bitching of certain posters. Annoying to see a proper conversation ruined by bickering...and I appreciate why it was closed but is it possible to move the initial part of the conversation over to the rant thread so we can continue it....? Please. jap.gif

Anyway I'm off to create havoc in Bedlam...see ya!

no wonder, package hotels are full, August is peak season and why should they open the coffee shop at the arrival hall at night if only guides, bus drivers and some expats are waiting? Isn't there are a coke machine?

Edited by Birdman

Prices the same as a few months back as far as I can tell - none of the early bird savings (there hasn't been any of these for ages!), just full price tickets. September seems to have some of the 'cheaper' flights. So, if I was to conclude anything, I would say that, booking ahead, prices seem to have actually come down?:D

Prices the same as a few months back as far as I can tell - none of the early bird savings (there hasn't been any of these for ages!), just full price tickets. September seems to have some of the 'cheaper' flights. So, if I was to conclude anything, I would say that, booking ahead, prices seem to have actually come down?:D

I got returm fares in June for 4500 so there were cheaper fares. This is just normal for high season.

i found it cheaper to book our flight from a agent like lastminute.com with our flights from the uk.to book a flight from bbk was 400 quid for two agent 200 quid?

• 2 weeks later...

I must go through Samui airport about 20 times every year due to work, so know it pretty well.

Had an interesting one the other day though when leaving. Was told that my single bag was overweight and that i would have to pay excess for it. No problem. The scales at the check-in said the bag was 25kg, so had to pay 5kg excess, which worked out to 350baht. Paid up, and carried on through.

In Bangkok i was getting a connecting flight out of Thailand, but couldn't check my bag straight through because of the time of the flight, no drama, so i got my bag off the belt, went out and then headed to check in again. Strangely enough when i got to check in this time, my bag had lost weight and was now 21kg!! Nothing had gone from it, hadn't been opened.

Now maybe there was a scale problem in Samui, or BKK for that matter, but maybe, just maybe, there is a possibility this was done to earn an extra bit of revenue, like BKK Airways don't stripe us up enough!!

Just out of curiosity i am going to stop at 7/11 next time to see how heavy my bag is before i get to the airport, could be interesting!

There is no problem with the scales at Samui - they are set for 5 kg over actual weight. (Or they were.)

I found this out when I weighed myself at the check in once. I used to go to the gym every day, and I always weighed myself. I was a regular weight. Constant no matter where I trained.

At Samui airport I was 5-6 kg over my norm. Even allowing for my wallet and phone - this should not be 5 kg more :o

Also - when her indoors flies off to see her family every year - we weigh the bags at home before we leave. They are always heavier by the time we get to check in.

The other 'scam' from them is buying a ticket at the airport ticket office. They rarely have the cheaper deals available. However - when you get home and check the internet - they usually suddenly available.B) I think that this is why they now make you pay for the ticket immediately when booking on-line.

Not having a credit card - I used to book the flight on-line, then scoot down to the airport and pay for it.

Now I check the flight availability on line and then go to the airport to buy the ticket. I am told that that one is not available at that price, but when I come back home - yes it is!

Strange eh? Happens every time :angry:

Edited by Tropicalevo