The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

I'd pay 10k return for biz class no probs. On the food no need for any swearing on board just the chinese chicken and noodles like they used to serve will do nicely.

Now for my rant....mainly directed at 6am flights and frankly why would anyone want to do this to themselves in order to save 1000 Baht?

Yes a friend was asked to book us flights to Bangkok a while back and being the cheapskate he is I found myself waiting outside at 4.30am for the taxi which never showed up...cue a walk along Bophut until a taxi took pity and overcharged us for the 'pleasure' of not missing our flight....ahhh the stale cheese roll....the hangover....and arrival in Bangers before the pubs have even opened.

So I ask you is it really worth 1000 Baht? Well OP what's your opinion?

i know bbk airways has good services after u have paid stupid prices for a 45 minute flight but all therer free snacks and free internet do not cover the cost of a simple transit from A - B. Which is why my small way i waste as much of there "free" stuff as possible have about 5 cups of Tea and drink one. abut 20 oranges and drink 2. so on and so on.

as for the free internet its hardly free all this stuf is included in that rip off ticket.

If by down grading the airport meant cheaper flights. then sign me in get me a ticket. if the prices were same as phuket but the airport was just a crap building. think i could live with that. i mean i don't go on holiday to stay in an airport. unless i was tom hanks. then raaar!!!!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many Bangkok Airways rant threads do you need???

http://www.thaivisa....tt-bangkok-air/

http://www.thaivisa....angkok-airways/

And this is just since April

(there are others but they didn't have Bangkok Airways in the title, I thought I'd go for the obvious rant ones)

I totally agree. The last 5 years there have been at least 10-15 Topics about Bangkok Air. Personally I thing Bangkok Air is a very good aviation company. The have friendly staff, good service, lot of destination i Thailand and surrounding countries. The only negative I can find regarding the company is the price-policy Samui-Bangkok-Samui. But now there are a lot of alternatives to go this distance to different prices. So stop complaining, and use the transport you can afford. Or go somewhere else.

:thumbsup::clap2:

(there are others but they didn't have Bangkok Airways in the title, I thought I'd go for the obvious rant ones)

I totally agree. The last 5 years there have been at least 10-15 Topics about Bangkok Air. Personally I thing Bangkok Air is a very good aviation company. The have friendly staff, good service, lot of destination i Thailand and surrounding countries. The only negative I can find regarding the company is the price-policy Samui-Bangkok-Samui. But now there are a lot of alternatives to go this distance to different prices. So stop complaining, and use the transport you can afford. Or go somewhere else.

Sorry - I must have missed something.

I am not aware of any alternatives to Samui-Bangkok-Samui. There is only Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways (same price because Bangkok Airways inflate the landing fees.)

We have Samui-Suratthani-Bangkok-Suratthani-Samui and Samui-Nakhon Sri Thammarat- Bangkok-Nakhon Sri Thamarat- Samui and Samui-Pattaya- Bangkok-Pattaya-Samui and you might as well add Samui-Singapore-Bangkok-Singapore-Samui etc etc etc

But - there are no "alternatives to go this distance to different prices". All other distances and traveling times are longer.

All other resort destination airports have real choices. Same route - different prices. We do not.

When I first moved here, flight prices were realistic. I believe that the % increases posted by Bangkok Airways over the last 5 to 6 years FAR exceed any other airline

Sadly we are stuck with Dick Turpin Airways. (As another poster aptly labeled them.)

I just think someone with a proper buiness brain needs to be employed by bangkok airways , if they reduced the price to say 2500 thb return , the company would acutally profit more from it !!!

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I can agree with it!:lol:

Basically if they halved the price, then they are going to have to DOUBLE the number of passengers to make more. Can you see that happening on Samui this year or next?

I am afraid I doubt BAir will do anything. Why should they? We can moan and groan on here (yeah, right, they are listening to our every word and trembling!) but few of us seem to want to make alternative arrangements and vote with our feet. So, despite our 'hot air' their passenger numbers are pretty much in line with the trend in the industry given the recession etc. It would also seem that they have quite a good reputation amongst some of us, which when added to the masses through the agencies that have no idea what the price is, well, why should they change their pricing?

Sadly I doubt we can do anything. We are not enough in numbers to undermine their business.

Unfairness/anti-competition/monopoly/blah blah blah are not going to become issues with them unless higher powers step in - like the government or tourism industry. Neither of them are likely to do anything. Unless, of course, someone knows of a means to make them listen?:unsure:

borr off !

there is probably so many threads about it because people are p... ed of about being ripped off. i really just don't know why people get angry about being manipluated to paying more money to fly here than anywhere else in the country.

if u want us to pay up stop complaing or go somewhere else. then samui would not be very full. infact it is not very full. wonder why?

as for going somewhere else ? i would do but i would rarther sit here and complain just to peee u off :jap:

• 2 weeks later...

you don't understand. it is borderline illegal to run a manoply. u make it sound like it is a small thing, ( just the money) it is the single 1 most important thing. It is like flying business class without the choice of a lower class ticket.

As long as their seat remain full because of people like you then they will not drop there prices. the only way is if the oublic got together and we all went for alternative transport.

1 of 2 things coud happen.

1 they could close and there would be an empty run way waiting to get taken

2 they would lower there prices

its a shame many i will make a website dedicated to bangkok airways samui

there is probably so many threads about it because people are p... ed of about being ripped off. i really just don't know why people get angry about being manipluated to paying more money to fly here than anywhere else in the country.

if u want us to pay up stop complaing or go somewhere else. then samui would not be very full. infact it is not very full. wonder why?

as for going somewhere else ? i would do but i would rarther sit here and complain just to peee u off :jap:

yep i will sencond that. the food in the lounge is pretty cheep crap anyway. and orange juice harly costs much and coffee.

If i am going to be paying through the roof i would like better free stuff please. eggs english bacon and beans for breakfast flights and a roast dinner buffet on sunday and of caorse apple crumble and custard. custard food gold .....

you don't understand. it is borderline illegal to run a manoply. u make it sound like it is a small thing, ( just the money) it is the single 1 most important thing. It is like flying business class without the choice of a lower class ticket.

As long as their seat remain full because of people like you then they will not drop there prices. the only way is if the oublic got together and we all went for alternative transport.

1 of 2 things coud happen.

1 they could close and there would be an empty run way waiting to get taken

2 they would lower there prices

its a shame many i will make a website dedicated to bangkok airways samui

The one thing that is conveniently forgotten in all the rants is that Samui Airport is private. This means that apart from Air Traffic Control all the infrastructure such as lighting, Runway repairs,Emergency services,utilities etc have to be paid for by BA, as against Surat Thani and all the other DCA airports which are funded by the taxpayer.

Consequently the landing fees at the DCA airports are considerably cheaper enabling operators to lower their seat prices.

Providing slots were available, low cost operators could fly to Samui but probably couldn't make a decent profit after the high landing fees.

I would be interested to see what Nok or Air Asia fares would be like in the event that they decided to use Samui. :rolleyes:

The one thing that is conveniently forgotten in all the rants is that Samui Airport is private. This means that apart from Air Traffic Control all the infrastructure such as lighting, Runway repairs,Emergency services,utilities etc have to be paid for by BA, as against Surat Thani and all the other DCA airports which are funded by the taxpayer.

Consequently the landing fees at the DCA airports are considerably cheaper enabling operators to lower their seat prices.

Providing slots were available, low cost operators could fly to Samui but probably couldn't make a decent profit after the high landing fees.

I would be interested to see what Nok or Air Asia fares would be like in the event that they decided to use Samui. :rolleyes:

I don't buy it.

You can get a return flight to Kuala Lumpur for 3950 baht with firefly.

I don't buy it.

Have you added the taxes etc? Going out on the 20th October and coming back on the 24th the fare is over 8000 Baht!!

So, I wouldn't buy it!

I don't buy it.

Have you added the taxes etc? Going out on the 20th October and coming back on the 24th the fare is over 8000 Baht!!

So, I wouldn't buy it!

This is hilarious. Are you seriously trying to say that every air passenger in Thailand with the exception of Samui is being subsidised by the Thai taxpayer?

Keep it up mate I hope your dividend was high this year!

:lol:

I don't buy it.

So, I wouldn't buy it!

they charge the tax to the customer. ovbiousy. it is about 500 baht. before we had to pay at the aiport.now they include it in the ticket. probably add another 500 baht service charge inlcuding the tax in the ticket.

Anyway they do get govement help in accidents. As does another else in thailand.

They are making a huge profit. this is why they give away loads of scrap ood for free and have loads of money to spend on the most expensive airport toilet in history.

yes i like looking at fish while i am having a pee but not if it is costing more than spending 1 penny

So, I wouldn't buy it!

Special promotion, can only be bought at Samui office.

Check latest Samui Gazette.

So, I wouldn't buy it!

Special promotion, can only be bought at Samui office.

Check latest Samui Gazette.

After reading the small print it would be interesting to see how many seats go at this price. :lol:

I don't buy it.

So, I wouldn't buy it!

This is hilarious. Are you seriously trying to say that every air passenger in Thailand with the exception of Samui is being subsidised by the Thai taxpayer?

Keep it up mate I hope your dividend was high this year!

:lol:

Didn't say that at all. If you bothered to read the post I said that the DCA Airports are subsidised which will of course reflect

on user charges and ultimately to the passenger. Samui is a private airport. :boring: :boring:

Didn't say that at all. If you bothered to read the post I said that the DCA Airports are subsidised which will of course reflect

on user charges and ultimately to the passenger. Samui is a private airport. :boring: :boring:

Well correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression landing fees for Bangkok Airways at Samui are cost price zero profit although I'm sure if they could make a profit from themselves they would!!

In short it has to be cheaper for a BA plane to land at Samui than any other aircraft at any other airport in Thailand.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression landing fees for Bangkok Airways at Samui are cost price zero profit although I'm sure if they could make a profit from themselves they would!!

In short it has to be cheaper for a BA plane to land at Samui than any other aircraft at any other airport in Thailand.

As of my information it is 90.000 ThB ..... for Thaiairways.. and to Samui you may add "Sukhotai" and "Trat".

But then there is really no Alternative, Nakhon si?, Surat?...Someone slept - eyes wide open in the 1980ties when the former AF Landing strip was privatized by ... ah' well... it's history!

I flew with Bangkok Airways the other day. :o Had to change the date of my flight. They charged me just under 1000 baht extra because "all the economy seats were taken." The plane took off and it was half empty. Thanks a lot.

Other than that, they served a very nice they served me a very nice pork curry pastie and the stewardess had a terrific pair, tailor mades i think. ;)

I flew with Bangkok Airways the other day. :o Had to change the date of my flight. They charged me just under 1000 baht extra because "all the economy seats were taken." The plane took off and it was half empty. Thanks a lot.

Other than that, they served a very nice they served me a very nice pork curry pastie and the stewardess had a terrific pair, tailor mades i think. ;)

Its not so long ago the prices were 2000-3000 Baht and at that I thought with the better service food and lounge etc was worth the extra.

Its the deterioration in these areas and the 100% markup that leaves me seething. They never used to charge for changing dates or times of flights either. Learnt all the bad habits now sadly.

Its not so long ago the prices were 2000-3000 Baht and at that I thought with the better service food and lounge etc was worth the extra.

Its the deterioration in these areas and the 100% markup that leaves me seething. They never used to charge for changing dates or times of flights either. Learnt all the bad habits now sadly.

why don't people boycott bangkok air. how we do it. is that we go to a website where i set up. everyone buys a t-shirt for the price that i made it for saying " i don't Fly from Samui withBangkok Airways. Bring down the price or your plans will never take off."

The more people wearing the t-shirts will mean more people are boycotting it. Also the t-shirts will helf to promote this boycott.

On the back can write " Fly Bangkok Air if you have no problem with being ripped off !!! "

Something like that anyway. whos in ???

• Like 1

As of my information it is 90.000 ThB ..... for Thaiairways.. and to Samui you may add "Sukhotai" and "Trat".

But then there is really no Alternative, Nakhon si?, Surat?...Someone slept - eyes wide open in the 1980ties when the former AF Landing strip was privatized by ... ah' well... it's history!

Am intrigued...where was this so called AF landing strip?

why don't people boycott bangkok air. how we do it. is that we go to a website where i set up. everyone buys a t-shirt for the price that i made it for saying " i don't Fly from Samui withBangkok Airways. Bring down the price or your plans will never take off."

The more people wearing the t-shirts will mean more people are boycotting it. Also the t-shirts will helf to promote this boycott.

On the back can write " Fly Bangkok Air if you have no problem with being ripped off !!! "

I am up for it. My personal boycott of Bangkok Air is almost 100%. I only fly BKK when time does not permit an alternative. At the moment about once every three years. :sick: (and last time I got food poisoning from them!)

When flights were a more reasonable price I used to fly with them almost every month or so.

You have got 2 followers so far. It might be wise to hold off making a bulk order of T-shirts just yet. ;)

You have got 2 followers so far. It might be wise to hold off making a bulk order of T-shirts just yet.

Yes u might be right. even though these people want to do the right thing. they don't use their service anyway so BBK won't lose anyway maybe i give out first 5 for free promotion. what u reckon my logo should be,

" I flew Bangkok Air to Samui and got ripped off. "

" does anyone have a spare blanket so i can spend the rest of my holiday money under a tree "

i dunno.

I need something catchy.

Like i dunno

" Been in Samui 20 years. Would go home if i could afford it "

underneath

" bangkok airways the most evective way to travel to Samui. ( for idoits )"

Join the boy cott

seek other alternatives to bangkok for 1 month. for travel information www.blabla.com

or

" i flew bangkok airways. Food was free, toilets were first class. stuwardess were proper fit." I dream of one saving enough money to fly with them again. The the bank will not give me another loan "

Might also need it translated into german, French and Italian

cheers all ears :jap:

I do think the tailor mades are the most important part of the flight. were all the ladies good quality or just 1. I think tailor mades would be worth paying the extra if it was guranteed in the ticket that all stwardesses have good tailer mades. )

Maybe i could inclue that in my boycott. we want cheap flights and all stwardesses to have great tailer mades. i mean all of them !