The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am pretty sure that when Bangkok Airways originally invested a massive amount of money to build a commercial airport on Samui a lot of people were very happy, you could even attribute a large part of Samui's growth (wanted or wanted) to Bangkok Airways. They took the chance and it eventually paid for them, now they may seem overpriced, thats called business or reaping the rewards of the initial investment.

If bangkok airways are having money problems. Then maybbe they should have built a huge airport. I don;t rmemeber them asking the public if they wanted it. I herd they are in finaltial trouble and staff were walking out.

I am sorry but a nice airport does not justify hige over priced flights.

I mean how much per centage of your holiday to you spend in the airport.

I don't minde paying a bit more because they do have good service and felxable fligth changing hours and the free loung but they cannot justify putting there prices up because they decided to build a hige fancy airport which won't do anything to boost their profit as people on have 1 chose if they want to fly from samui and that is bangkok airways.

so all the money in the world spend on there private airport in samui will not make any difference on boosting up customer figures as they alrewady have the manolpy

If you say so gator but i would venture that 98% of viewers would firmly agree with post #85. The one point i do agree with you on :o is that lifes too short to keep knocking on about this as it won't change.

This is the rant thread......kindly stop agreeing with each other......take your conciliatory tones elsewhere <deleted>! :whistling:

Back to my fizzy wine request.....its ridiculous this isn't offered given the prices charged. I'm sending an email off......:angry:

If you say so gator but i would venture that 98% of viewers would firmly agree with post #85. The one point i do agree with you on :o is that lifes too short to keep knocking on about this as it won't change.

This is the rant thread......kindly stop agreeing with each other......take your conciliatory tones elsewhere <deleted>! :whistling:

Back to my fizzy wine request.....its ridiculous this isn't offered given the prices charged. I'm sending an email off......:angry:

I'm merely lulling gator into a false sense of security. ;)

If the day comes when their monopoly is deemed illegal and the prices come crashing down and want gator charged at the current rate. :D

If the day comes when their monopoly is deemed illegal and the prices come crashing down and want gator charged at the current rate. :D

have u herd about 3G. the gov TOT are going to aution to only 1 private compnay. so get ready for another manoloply. Do they play manolopy in thailand or do they just do it for real.

Aw come on Carmine and Smokie! 'tis the season for goodwill to all men. :drunk:

I am pretty sure that when Bangkok Airways originally invested a massive amount of money to build a commercial airport on Samui a lot of people were very happy, you could even attribute a large part of Samui's growth (wanted or wanted) to Bangkok Airways. They took the chance and it eventually paid for them, now they may seem overpriced, thats called business or reaping the rewards of the initial investment.

this line of thinking has been quoted so often i wish i had a baht for everytime i heard it, the problem is that bkk airs deserving or not profits are negativly affecting the residents of the island. when a public or private company begins being a burden on the well being of the general population then it is time to change a few rules and give that company a reality check. I have long been saying that a price of 1,000 to 1,500 baht to bkk is a reasonable price. thoink about the residence with children, samu has no real parks or culture centres for the kids, if the bkk prices were jjst a tad lower quick flight to bkk would become more frequent and affordable, why does phuket have the leg up on samui? not the beaches, nor hotels but affordable air tickets make all the difference.

Ok Gator.....just remember this wee chat will continue (well) into the new year.....

Merry Xmas to you......I'm hoping for rain btw......:D

:partytime2:

Merry Xmas to you. How's the weather overthere btw? :lol:

have u herd about 3G. the gov TOT are going to aution to only 1 private compnay. so get ready for another manoloply. Do they play manolopy in thailand or do they just do it for real.

:ermm: Best get yourself over to BSH pronto ! Manolopy can now be cured by a vaccine !

Ok Gator.....just remember this wee chat will continue (well) into the new year.....

Merry Xmas to you......I'm hoping for rain btw......:D

:partytime2:

Merry Xmas to you. How's the weather overthere btw? :lol:

is it christmas i forgot what day it is. like the day i forgot my birthday. funny how my mia and mia noi never forget there bithdays. one of my birds had 2 in a year

is it christmas i forgot what day it is. like the day i forgot my birthday. funny how my mia and mia noi never forget there bithdays. one of my birds had 2 in a year

Check your passport, it states your birthday. :ermm:

I thought it was the day he joined the dark side.....may the fourth etc.....but maybe that's just the official fan club one....? :D

it was reported in the UK papers BAA HAVE TO SELL 2 of there airports in the UK, ordered by Monopolies Commission. Is there such an agency in Thailand?

that just sounds BAA !!!!

:thumbsup:

do they have a manolpy game board over here. if so is bangkok airways in place of mayfair and park lane?

thai-super-greedy-monopoly-color.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that unless I am mistaken, Bangkok Airways just raised their fares, again.

It's really getting to the point now that Air Asia from Surat is looking like it might be worth the extra hassle.

i have just looked at a random date in march and 4455 THB one way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, with the cheapest flight ( note only 1 flight that week ) at 3855 THB one way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is getting stupid now !

Nok Air - 1790 THB for the same flight

Airasia - 1050 THB for the same flight ( but doesn't include the transfer and ferry like Nok Air )

Just noticed that unless I am mistaken, Bangkok Airways just raised their fares, again.

It's really getting to the point now that Air Asia from Surat is looking like it might be worth the extra hassle.

i have just looked at a random date in march and 4455 THB one way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, with the cheapest flight ( note only 1 flight that week ) at 3855 THB one way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Airasia - 1050 THB for the same flight ( but doesn't include the transfer and ferry like Nok Air )

i read your post and i think ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :crazy: :jap:

Can anybody help me with the following?

If you have a Residents/Flyer bonus card but you're off Island as in overseas (and therefore can't go into the ticket office and get your 20% off) and your only option is to book online, and you find the only price available online is the standard price and therefore you get no saving, do you just forego any benefit of having a resident's card?

Cheers.

i read your post and i think ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just laughable. :(

Its just laughable. :(

something needs to be done !!! even the rich people i speak to our complaining on the price ....

this will effect the island, and reduce tourists !, why wiuld someone pay 4600 THB to fly to samui, when its only 950 THB to fly to phuket ! ( just check random march date via www.airasia.com . ) so for a family of 4 or group of 4 people its 29800 THB more expensive to fly to samui !!! , even if you have money, you wouldnt want to pay this extra cost

well BKK air is off my radar for ever now....

Boyccott BKK Air !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you remember a few years ago, when they wanted to increase their prices by a few hundred Baht? They had a demonstration outside the old airport.

Whatever happened to these concerned local business people?

Can anybody help me with the following?

If you have a Residents/Flyer bonus card but you're off Island as in overseas (and therefore can't go into the ticket office and get your 20% off) and your only option is to book online, and you find the only price available online is the standard price and therefore you get no saving, do you just forego any benefit of having a resident's card?

Cheers.

Perhaps, just call their office / help line & clarify on how it can be done.Would be interesting to know the result.

Telephone Number : +66 (02) 270 6699 (RSVN),

+66 (02) 265 5678 (Sales) Reservation Center : 1771 Fax Number : +66 (02) 265 5556 (RSVN),

+66 (02) 265 5522 (Sales)

Edited by Rooo
Added numbers.