The Bangkok Airways Rant Thread

carmine

I flew with Bangkok Airways the other day. :o Had to change the date of my flight. They charged me just under 1000 baht extra because "all the economy seats were taken." The plane took off and it was half empty. Thanks a lot.

Other than that, they served a very nice they served me a very nice pork curry pastie and the stewardess had a terrific pair, tailor mades i think. ;)

I do think the tailor mades are the most important part of the flight. were all the ladies good quality or just 1. I think tailor mades would be worth paying the extra if it was guranteed in the ticket that all stwardesses have good tailer mades. )

Maybe i could inclue that in my boycott. we want cheap flights and all stwardesses to have great tailer mades. i mean all of them !

They were a fine advertisement for plastic surgery BigC. Is turning into the Bangkok Airways Boobs Thread?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I flew with Bangkok Airways the other day. :o Had to change the date of my flight. They charged me just under 1000 baht extra because "all the economy seats were taken." The plane took off and it was half empty. Thanks a lot.

Other than that, they served a very nice they served me a very nice pork curry pastie and the stewardess had a terrific pair, tailor mades i think. ;)

I do think the tailor mades are the most important part of the flight. were all the ladies good quality or just 1. I think tailor mades would be worth paying the extra if it was guranteed in the ticket that all stwardesses have good tailer mades. )

Maybe i could inclue that in my boycott. we want cheap flights and all stwardesses to have great tailer mades. i mean all of them !

They were a fine advertisement for plastic surgery BigC. Is turning into the Bangkok Airways Boobs Thread?

its ok. Boobs are a good stress releif after having so many headache about bangkok airways. a nice boobs should sorte me right out. as long as the lady behinde them is a real lady. if they are not i would rarther be stressed out by BBK airways

its ok. Boobs are a good stress releif after having so many headache about bangkok airways. a nice boobs should sorte me right out. as long as the lady behinde them is a real lady. if they are not i would rarther be stressed out by BBK airways

There I was thinking that you were complaining about the ticket prices! Looks like you are going to have to add something to your T-shirt along the lines that the fares are OK providing the ladies meet your boob requirements.

Your band of followers may have other requirements to add to your T-Shirt.. (Should be a good read if/when finished!) :rolleyes:

Please PM me for t-shirt logos.

I will have to charge to get the cost back of making them but don't worry i am not bangkok air. u will get what u pay for.

How bout

" i am Boycotting Bangkok Air"

" Either prices go down or planes stay down."

" If you are with me go to www.........co.th"

" buy a T-shirt and join the protest "

Other suggestions please PM.

cheers

p.s if anyone has some good art work to add it would help.

Edited by BigC

how about i give away free t-shirts to women with big boobs. might help the sign stick out and make people look.

The woman also have to be fit. I mean above average because my standard of women is low. i would give all my t-shirts away to all women. to i would have to set the fitness standard high. so if u r a lady and u do not get it for free. please do not be affended.

I have to keep the standards very high or i will be skint.

or how about all women have to pay. If u get it for free then keep it quiet. i need photos. if u want to prect your i.d u can just leave your head out and also NO LAFY BOYS thanks

how about i give away free t-shirts to women with big boobs. might help the sign stick out and make people look.

The woman also have to be fit. I mean above average because my standard of women is low. i would give all my t-shirts away to all women. to i would have to set the fitness standard high. so if u r a lady and u do not get it for free. please do not be affended.

or how about all women have to pay. If u get it for free then keep it quiet. i need photos. if u want to prect your i.d u can just leave your head out and also NO LAFY BOYS thanks

Wassa Lafyboy??? How do you know that some of the members here don't like "Lafyboys"!! :D

• 1 month later...

Not much happening on the forum since the rains so how about this?

December is Very High Peak Season on Samui.

Most tourist related businesses look to this time as the best time to make some money to help them to get through the leaner months. (Eight of them?)

Sadly, our local airline is only putting on approx 12 flights a day from Bangkok during this peak time. (Sorry - I did not check EVERY date, but a broad range came up with a max of 12 flights per day before Christmas. Most fully booked except for a few tickets at 11,xxx baht .)

Why are there only 12 flights (max) per day?

There are people posting on the forum saying "I cannot get a flight to Samui ."

I know of cancellations for accommodation because people cannot get a flight.

Is Bangkok Airways in trouble and having to lease/sell its planes to other airlines? I thought that the maximum number of flights per day was 36? Now I know that there are flights from other places - Singapore/Hong Kong/Phuket/Pattaya etc - but not that many surely?

So from Bangkok - that's 7 x Airbus 319 flights per day and 5 ATR flights per day. 1,358 pax per day - at peak times.

Say 30 days per month for 12 months! = 488,880 pax per year from Bangkok! This is only if it is Christmas every day!

Does anyone want to have a go at calculating % occupancy rates for 2010/2011? :ermm:

The only way you can quote BKK POST articles is through this link HERE.

Edited by Rooo
Link to BKK POST removed.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd pay 10k return for biz class no probs. On the food no need for any swearing on board just the chinese chicken and noodles like they used to serve will do nicely.

Now for my rant....mainly directed at 6am flights and frankly why would anyone want to do this to themselves in order to save 1000 Baht?

Yes a friend was asked to book us flights to Bangkok a while back and being the cheapskate he is I found myself waiting outside at 4.30am for the taxi which never showed up...cue a walk along Bophut until a taxi took pity and overcharged us for the 'pleasure' of not missing our flight....ahhh the stale cheese roll....the hangover....and arrival in Bangers before the pubs have even opened.

So I ask you is it really worth 1000 Baht? Well OP what's your opinion?

Bangkok Airways is really taking advantage of the monopoly that the government so foolishly granted them. By granting them this monopoly they showed a tremendous lack of vision. Thailand is the world's 22nd largest economy. You cannot convince me the government did not have enough funds to build this airport on their own. Also, the residence card is an absolute scam. I was originally told I would get 20% off all fares. After spending weeks jumping over hoops, and providing all kinds of paperwork, and then paying the fee, I finally got my card. After trying to book a flight, I was told that it only applied to the highest published fare. So, what good is this card? Just another example of the disrespect that this airline shows to it's frequent flyers. You would think they would see this as an opportunity to give their regular flyers a break on pricing. Not so. This airline is a good airline, no doubt about it. But, their pricing borders on extortion, especially when it comes to the Samui monopoly. Shame on the Thai government, and the TAT, for allowing this foolish robbery to continue. Samui desperately needs either a second airport, free from the monopolistic greed of BA, or the govt. needs to buy out their stake, and do the right thing, by allowing competitive travel in and out of the island. To allow things to continue is ludicrous. A round trip to Bangkok, from Samui is now $258. It is a 700 KM round trip. I can fly from 7,000 KM. in the US, for the same amount! Who is fooling whom?

Wassa Lafyboy??? How do you know that some of the members here don't like "Lafyboys"!! :D

isnt a Lafyboy a Welshman dressed as a women ?

I see this posting has been on the for front again. Again all the complaining and trying things won't work but on a positive note, dont be surprised if bangkok airways financial status isn't necessarily good.

1. Unless you can get a significant amount of people also outside thailand, who are planning to travel to thailand then onto koh samui by bangkok airways, I don't see much build up in more people to boycott bangkok air

2. I'm sure bangkok airways if they have enough sense realizes that they don't need the foreigner who lives here or the thai person as most likely their business model revolves around only tourists.

3. Another area which doesn't seem to be posted is the high demand for pilots, Seems the demand is so high that CEO airasia is building his own school to train pilots, could be pay wages look better else where than bangkok airways and pilots are up and leaving, although how well they do is another story

4. At some point or now bangkok airways could be losing money, how so

a. it servers no major routes where most market is ( example bangkok - singapore, bangkok to mumbai or delhi )

b. Areas where bangkok airways has routes is basically be decimated by low cost airlines or even other airlines cheaper than there's not necessarily low budget

c. Their business model won't last long due to the rise of thai baht and the fall of the Euro, Pound, Dollar which actually makes the flight rate higher, could be wrong but seems to me western economies aren't going to be doing to well for the next years

d. Since the price of oil and demand of labor make up most of the airlines expensives how well they last who knows

On the positive note if somehow bangkok airways somehow, someways manages to change their business model I have a list of ways to nickel and dime the customers

a. Give the lowest possible fare like airasia but

1. Charge for carry on bag

2. charge for 1 piece of luggage underneath the plane

3. Charge for check in, in person, get rid of people and just put an electronic machine and make people check in that way, if they need help with a real live person, charge for it

4. Charge for food and drinks

5. Make contacting customer service almost impossible and put in the automated telephone machine and make customers jump through at least 10 hoops to get to an actual person, make people do everything online, if people do succeed and get to a live person to talk to, again charge for it

6. Make all plane tickets non refundable

7. Get rid of all free drinks and food at airport in lounge

8. Regarding special price make a really good price and really cheap but give people have less than 24 hours to book the seat

9. Take out all in flight magazines

10. Seriously no need to in screen tv's on plane

11. If you need to save more money convert all planes to the smaller aircraft no need for those big boeing

12. get rid of all business class seats and change some seats to premium economy

13. If customer's want the exit isle row where most space is available charge for it. other wise customers don't get it

14. Kids don't fly for 50% price / charge full price

15. If people want to rechange their flight to another day make them do it online and charge for it as well

if you want even take Ryan O leary idea charge for using toilets

finally with that nickel and dime tactic's just remember most people don't care all they want is cheap seats. find new ways to nickel and dime people, seems all that tactic's in the west is helping with revenue.

its the 4th sex

isnt a Lafyboy a Welshman dressed as a women ?

I see this posting has been on the for front again. Again all the complaining and trying things won't work but on a positive note, dont be surprised if bangkok airways financial status isn't necessarily good.

1. Unless you can get a significant amount of people also outside thailand, who are planning to travel to thailand then onto koh samui by bangkok airways, I don't see much build up in more people to boycott bangkok air

2. I'm sure bangkok airways if they have enough sense realizes that they don't need the foreigner who lives here or the thai person as most likely their business model revolves around only tourists.

3. Another area which doesn't seem to be posted is the high demand for pilots, Seems the demand is so high that CEO airasia is building his own school to train pilots, could be pay wages look better else where than bangkok airways and pilots are up and leaving, although how well they do is another story

a. it servers no major routes where most market is ( example bangkok - singapore, bangkok to mumbai or delhi )

b. Areas where bangkok airways has routes is basically be decimated by low cost airlines or even other airlines cheaper than there's not necessarily low budget

c. Their business model won't last long due to the rise of thai baht and the fall of the Euro, Pound, Dollar which actually makes the flight rate higher, could be wrong but seems to me western economies aren't going to be doing to well for the next years

d. Since the price of oil and demand of labor make up most of the airlines expensives how well they last who knows

On the positive note if somehow bangkok airways somehow, someways manages to change their business model I have a list of ways to nickel and dime the customers

3. Charge for check in, in person, get rid of people and just put an electronic machine and make people check in that way, if they need help with a real live person, charge for it

5. Make contacting customer service almost impossible and put in the automated telephone machine and make customers jump through at least 10 hoops to get to an actual person, make people do everything online, if people do succeed and get to a live person to talk to, again charge for it

8. Regarding special price make a really good price and really cheap but give people have less than 24 hours to book the seat

11. If you need to save more money convert all planes to the smaller aircraft no need for those big boeing

12. get rid of all business class seats and change some seats to premium economy

13. If customer's want the exit isle row where most space is available charge for it. other wise customers don't get it

15. If people want to rechange their flight to another day make them do it online and charge for it as well

finally with that nickel and dime tactic's just remember most people don't care all they want is cheap seats. find new ways to nickel and dime people, seems all that tactic's in the west is helping with revenue.

i don't understand what u r saying. basically by bangkok airways sense. when they have less customers they put the price up. It donsn't work like that. U cannot try to pull customers in the make your more money when the airline is doing badly.

like the gambler who starts of betting low and loses then bets higher with more money to win his money back and loses again. till the point where he puts all his money down and loses the lot.

Also they had enough money to build a huge private airport. So they cannot be that skint.

Noone forced them to build that big airport.

I reckon if they are in money crisis as are most companies and airlines around the world. then they can rent out there airport to other airlines. they don't have to charge too much. to rent out the space costs them nothing all they have to do is maintance the run way.

there might be shortage in pilots but there are not shortage in airlines.

cut prices and open up for other airlines.

Iff the price is in some case 6000 baht a ticket then u cannot blame people for moaning or for not coming at all. i mean imagine if u want to bring your family of 4 over. that 24 000 baht each way. 48 000 baht to the person that fits the bill.

there are allot o people on the island at the moment so i wonder ifthey all came down by plane.

Thai regulations demands that either the pilot or co-pilot must be Thai.

I am pretty sure that when Bangkok Airways originally invested a massive amount of money to build a commercial airport on Samui a lot of people were very happy, you could even attribute a large part of Samui's growth (wanted or wanted) to Bangkok Airways. They took the chance and it eventually paid for them, now they may seem overpriced, thats called business or reaping the rewards of the initial investment.

even for international flights landing in Thailand?

i don't understand what u r saying. basically by bangkok airways sense. when they have less customers they put the price up. It donsn't work like that. U cannot try to pull customers in the make your more money when the airline is doing badly.

like the gambler who starts of betting low and loses then bets higher with more money to win his money back and loses again. till the point where he puts all his money down and loses the lot.

Also they had enough money to build a huge private airport. So they cannot be that skint.

Noone forced them to build that big airport.

I reckon if they are in money crisis as are most companies and airlines around the world. then they can rent out there airport to other airlines. they don't have to charge too much. to rent out the space costs them nothing all they have to do is maintance the run way.

there might be shortage in pilots but there are not shortage in airlines.

cut prices and open up for other airlines.

Iff the price is in some case 6000 baht a ticket then u cannot blame people for moaning or for not coming at all. i mean imagine if u want to bring your family of 4 over. that 24 000 baht each way. 48 000 baht to the person that fits the bill.

there are allot o people on the island at the moment so i wonder ifthey all came down by plane.

PS to the "family of 4": My family, 2 adults & 2 children wanted to come over Christmas. As the tickets BKK - USM - BKK amounted to 80 % of the tickets for Delhi - BKK - Delhi theypostponed the visit. Other families of 4 are going to Koh Chang.

Not sure.

Friend of mine was the coco pilot, he always had to have a useless Thai co-pilot.

Not sure.

Friend of mine was the coco pilot, he always had to have a useless Thai co-pilot.

Really? I never, ever thought that they were useless. On the contrary. Highly experienced and

safe operators.

I am hearing that BKK Airways is charging fares of 13000 rtn to Bangkok over the christmas period! :unsure: i am struggling to believe that even this airline would have the nerve to charge that much.

Can anyone clarify this?

I guess if you want to fly via Hong Kong or something, then yes. But - depending on day etc - return flights are looking around the 'usual' THB 7/8/9000 according to the website.

I am hearing that BKK Airways is charging fares of 13000 rtn to Bangkok over the christmas period! :unsure: i am struggling to believe that even this airline would have the nerve to charge that much.

Can anyone clarify this?

I guess if you want to fly via Hong Kong or something, then yes. But - depending on day etc - return flights are looking around the 'usual' THB 7/8/9000 according to the website.

There is a large degree of irrelevence with regards to their website prices as they rarely seen to have the "special" deals available. Has anyone called them up and been quoted for a Samui/BKK return over the christmas/new year period?

I am pretty sure that when Bangkok Airways originally invested a massive amount of money to build a commercial airport on Samui a lot of people were very happy, you could even attribute a large part of Samui's growth (wanted or wanted) to Bangkok Airways. They took the chance and it eventually paid for them, now they may seem overpriced, thats called business or reaping the rewards of the initial investment.

Your reply is both misguided, and ridiculous. Though it may have made sense for Thailand to allow Bangkok Air to build the airport at that time, it has not made sense, for many years. It is detrimental to the resort owners, restauranteurs, and all manner of people in tourism. There is no question that it holds down the number of people visiting the island, and causes great inconvenience to those that would prefer to fly, but cannot afford to. It flies in the face of a free market, and a democracy. It is the responsibility of the Thai government to correct this misguided decision, that was done due to the fact that a politician was paid off back in 1988. It is that simple.

Your reply is both misguided, and ridiculous. Though it may have made sense for Thailand to allow Bangkok Air to build the airport at that time, it has not made sense, for many years. It is detrimental to the resort owners, restauranteurs, and all manner of people in tourism. There is no question that it holds down the number of people visiting the island, and causes great inconvenience to those that would prefer to fly, but cannot afford to. It flies in the face of a free market, and a democracy. It is the responsibility of the Thai government to correct this misguided decision, that was done due to the fact that a politician was paid off back in 1988. It is that simple.

And that just about sums it up.

Over to you gatorade for another staunch defense in the face of the obvious. :lol:

Ugh...when's first class starting up?....Bloody warm beer.....give us a glass of Aste Spumante for 16k each way......!

3-4-5k each way?

Nah on an average more like 4200 Baht one way.....over the peak period I'd be amazed if its less than 4700 Baht.

Over to you gatorade for another staunch defense in the face of the obvious. :lol:

Nah, life is too short to keep debating the issue. All I know is that no matter how much the fares were reduced the "poverty packers"

would continue to whinge. :D

Nah, life is too short to keep debating the issue. All I know is that no matter how much the fares were reduced the "poverty packers"

No they would'nt, wrong again but thanks for the swift response. Cheers, gator :D

No they would'nt, wrong again but thanks for the swift response. Cheers, gator :D

"Wrong again"!! I was only ever wrong once, and that was when I thought that I had made a mistake! :rolleyes: