Which Country's Universities Most Recognised?

Which country's qualifications r generally most recognised in Thailand?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which country, generally, is most recognised in Thailand for its educational qualifications?

I mean generally, not niche. Switzerland, for example, may be prestigious for hotel management qualifications but not others. I also do not mean the top notch like Harvard, INSEAD, Cambridge, which obviously have the highest international recognition. I mean generally. If a person holds just an average degree from this country, he would be most respected.

I am interested to know the perception of Thai people and companies. Let's vote and, for those who have experiences with their qualifications, please share your stories.

I imagine it would be an English speaking country , UK or USA ?

A University that is connected with a well known city will always appear to be impressive as the city is already a "household " name regardless of the actual status.

From a personal point , my degree was achieved at the "Open University" , taking 5 years of part time study ( 16 hours per week) whilst doing a very much full time job in IT, when I applied for teaching jobs in Isaan , it raised a few eyebrows but was recognised as a valid degree after checking that it wasn't just another "Distance learning " fake.

So I would say either UK or USA depending on peoples experiences.

:o:D

ps Australia/Canada/NZ should be included

It used to be UK and then US and now Australia is flavour of the month.

unexpected flavour, but would u do us a favor by elaborating? Australia seems to be 'functional but not exclusive'. it is like Toyota to me......

You mean UK r no longer considered classy?

Australia......hm, a bit sceptical. I would say all its unis r good; none is below the benchmark, but there isn't any world leading ones like Oxford in Uk and MIT in USA to uplift the rest of the unis in the respective countries.

in wat way is aussie unis most respected now? bcos Assumption University and Thai Open University collaborate with South Australia and Charles Sturt respectively?