Ubc Issue In Chiang Mai

mrclough

Just watching Roger Rabbit and the darn screen comes up "Searching for signal - press ok to view details"

Have friend towards Doi Saket with the same issue and a friend who lives behind Rimping with the same problem.

I'm Sansai Noi Nr Tesco lotus.

anyone know anything more about this problem or how widespread it is?

Trying to contact UBC as I'm typing ...... should be a challenge!

Been having this problem at least once a day for the last week. Not too concerned, as I'm giving them up at the end of this month. Can get better quality programming, at better resolution through the internet. And watch at the time I want to.

This is different from rain fade, happens when bright & sunny.

Edited by MESmith

Same problem in Udon. Signal dropped to 166. Clear skies. Came back after 10 minutes.

Well thank goodness we've found the right word!

If I wanted to support my son with his complaint against a newspaper, I could walk in and say:

"My issue has an issue with your issue" and it would be perfectly correct.

The word here is PROBLEM!

But I don't want to make an issue out of it.............

Heh, why not go all the way and state that Truevisions have an availability enhancement opportunity? :P

The problem seems to be Solar Flairs, Sun Spot activity is at its 11 year high. Plays hel_l with all HF communications

including GPS, TV and Telephone.

Heh, why not go all the way and state that Truevisions have an availability enhancement opportunity? :P

The problem seems to be Solar Flairs, Sun Spot activity is at its 11 year high. Plays hel_l with all HF communications

including GPS, TV and Telephone.

The above is the main reason for satellite TV reception to be sporadic at times, solar flairs or sun spots. I have been on other satellite system around the world and they all have the same problem and for this reason unless you have no choice satellite Internet is not recommended.

This outage does seem a little different.  There are no transition periods of "low signal", "no signal", " searching for signal".  Just straight to "searching for signal", then back to normal picture.  Also no message across the bottom of the screen, repeated ad nauseam,  warning of solar activities.

This outage does seem a little different. There are no transition periods of "low signal", "no signal", " searching for signal". Just straight to "searching for signal", then back to normal picture. Also no message across the bottom of the screen, repeated ad nauseam, warning of solar activities.

Its just like the other message that UBC keeps showing at the bottom. DO NOT LET UNOTHURISED TECHNICANS INTO YOUR HOME TO ADD CHANNELS.:lol: Please what are they? How many? Any good sports channels?:lol:

This outage does seem a little different. There are no transition periods of "low signal", "no signal", " searching for signal". Just straight to "searching for signal", then back to normal picture. Also no message across the bottom of the screen, repeated ad nauseam, warning of solar activities.

Its just like the other message that UBC keeps showing at the bottom. DO NOT LET UNOTHURISED TECHNICANS INTO YOUR HOME TO ADD CHANNELS.:lol:Please what are they? How many? Any good sports channels?:lol:

:thumbsup: Quite right, I'll let into my house whoever I want!

Edited by uptheos