Large Explosion

kevkev1888

A couple of hours ago heard a very large if distant Bang. (set off all the dogs in our soi)

Hmm I thought to myself wonder what that was, maybe the oil refinery at Lam Chabang?

maybe I'll post a topic on TV see if anyone else heard it. (anyway I didn't bother).

But just now on Thai news about some sort of explosion at Lam Chabang looks like one of those gas storage things ablaze.

Anyone else hear the Bang?

I am on the Darkside just North of Nakula.

Exploding power transformers make a loud bang.

Correct, when a transformer trips the bang is like nothing you have ever heard before or would want to again!! I was unfortunate enough to be standing near a transformer when a snake crawled up the pole and shorted it's self between the terminals - well, skidmarks a mile wide does not begin to describe my reaction!!!:shock1: :shock1: :shock1:

Exploding power transformers make a loud bang.

Correct, when a transformer trips the bang is like nothing you have ever heard before or would want to again!! I was unfortunate enough to be standing near a transformer when a snake crawled up the pole and shorted it's self between the terminals - well, skidmarks a mile wide does not begin to describe my reaction!!!:shock1: :shock1: :shock1:

why would a snake want to make itself shorter----------

confused from jontiem

it was definatly not a thunder strike or anything.

Definatly some sort of explosion as it made our house shake. We live near mini Siam north Pattaya.

made all the dogs in the neighbourhood go wild too.

Didnt see anything on any news channel though?

Correct, when a transformer trips the bang is like nothing you have ever heard before or would want to again!!

Yes, indeed. Enough to literally scare the cr@p out of you.

Last month, a transformer just outside the condo unit across the hall exploded. I definitely knew it was an explosion, but couldn't figure out why somebody would bomb my neighborhood. Until about 1.5 seconds later, when the electricity went off, and I kinda figured it must have been a transformer. I wonder if it were a snake, now that you mention it. Lots of them around here, bless their cold-blooded little hearts.