Form For Moving Visa To New Passport

A Thai Immigration form? I don't remember such.

The U.S. Embassy provides a short form letter to Immigration requesting such assistance altho I don't think that's really necessary. Just show up and Immigration will handle the transfer of Permitted to Stay stamps, Retirement or Marriage extensions, and such. Visas aren't transfered, just the "Stay" stamp.

Mac

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. There is no charge but photo copies of data page/arrival visa/stamp and departure card from old passport and data page from new passport will be required and a one page form will need completing. As said, a valid visa cannot be transferred - as is not issued by Thai immigration but by Thai embassy/consulate abroad. Whilst a visa remains valid in an old passport, you would need to travel using both passports until the visa expires.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Transfer-Stamp-Passport-Form-file20.html

I amnot sure exactly about the question but I received a new passport this year and Thai immigration transferred the use of my visa to the new passport. There were if my memory serves me right 3 or 4 documents to sign and I had both passports photocopied fully plus departure card and 90 day reporting slip photocopied,plus a passport size photo cannot remember if they were used but I think one document did use one photo. The transfer to new passport used up 3 pages of my new passport. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. I have since been to immigation for my annual report and all went well, actually it went the best it ever has.

• 10 months later...

So can anyone clarify this for me, just to make sure I don't screw up.

Have an education visa, valid until the end of the year.

Am travelling to the UK for a week where I need to pick up a new passport (no space left in mine).

Then can I just travel back to Thailand using the visa in my old passport (carrying both passports) and getting the stamp put in the new passport? Does that work?

unsure.gif

You have a multi entry non immigrant ED visa from a Consulate that allows 90 day stay and will still be prior to expiration date when you return? If yes then you will get a new 90 day stay by entering that visa information on the arrival card and showing both passports. New stamp will be in your new passport.

so taken in to count, correct me if im wrong,you dont really need to transfer permission of stay visa from old passport to new one straight away if you have no intention of going out of los,just get new visa in new passport when time for 90day visit,and take old passport with you.propally something askew about this but can not see it.

so taken in to count, correct me if im wrong,you dont really need to transfer permission of stay visa from old passport to new one straight away if you have no intention of going out of los,just get new visa in new passport when time for 90day visit,and take old passport with you.propally something askew about this but can not see it.

If on an extension of stay, you are advised to go to an immigration office and have the details transferred to the new passport. If on a valid multipl visa entry, they will probably do it at the border and your next entry will be stamped in th new paspsort.

• 3 months later...

If on an extension of stay, you are advised to go to an immigration office and have the details transferred to the new passport. If on a valid multipl visa entry, they will probably do it at the border and your next entry will be stamped in th new paspsort.

Bad news for me? I am just leaving immigration now. I'm at the end of an extension on a single entry tourist visa. They are telling me that I do not need to transfer my visa over? Said it should be okay to go to Laos with just both passports. Unfortunately the guy who was going to take me on a tourist visa run there says I need to have it transfered to go on the run. FML. It expires on tuesday and i have no idea what to do.

Go by yourself - there is no big deal crossing the border without an "agent" who does not appear to know as much as you. If you fly go to Udon and take transport to Nong Khai. By bus or train direct to Nong Khai.

I don't just need to go to nong khai though i need to go to a thailand immigration to get a new double entry and I've never done this before. I'm on mobile right now but is there any link to a process of how I would go about doing this run after the flight to Udon?

Go by yourself - there is no big deal crossing the border without an "agent" who does not appear to know as much as you. If you fly go to Udon and take transport to Nong Khai. By bus or train direct to Nong Khai.

I don't just need to go to nong khai though i need to go to a thailand immigration to get a new double entry and I've never done this before. I'm on mobile right now but is there any link to a process of how I would go about doing this run after the flight to Udon?

Exit Thailand - enter Laos - proceed to Vientiane Thai Embassy (visa section) - apply for visa (morning) - receive next afternoon and repeat process in reverse to exit. Very simple. This is old report but process detailed.

Exit Thailand - enter Laos - proceed to Vientiane Thai Embassy (visa section) - apply for visa (morning) - receive next afternoon and repeat process in reverse to exit. Very simple. This is old report but process detailed.

Thanks for the resource, am looking into the process now, doesnt seem so hard. quick question though: Is there certain times that I can only cross the border at? Air Asia Flies into Udon Thani on Sunday but doesnt land till 17:15 at night. Will I still be able to go to the boarder, exit Thailand, enter Laos and get to a hotel in the same night and then head to immigration monday morning?

I believe you can but if delayed you could overnight at the bridge area in Nong Khai and cross early in the morning. Not sure of exact time they close border but believe about 10PM.

I just got an idea mail from both main visa run services (xcluding jack golf) saying that the nong khai border Will Not transfer stamps for me. Immigration said i didnt need to transfer and these people are telling me I have to do it at immigration. Should I try again at immigration tomorrow or just go to the border? Someone with first hand experience would be greatly appreciated!