Thailand V England

elvisp

Reading this conversation is seems England might deserve a world cup banning all of their own. Bribing a Thai? Well it wouldn't be the first time now would it!! :lol:

Shame on the whole prosess......pure greed nothing to do with football at all any of it.

The only thing I can see stopping the game would be more riots come next year......then England will have a crappy excuse. ;)

Or we could just shwo them how it's done properly..:D

Thr Russians have done that already. I wonder how the Russian authorities plan to deal with the race issues over there? They are a long way behind western europe on race relations and PC correctness.

Banana skins instead of vuvuzelas anyone? :o

The authorities will just beat the living crap out of anyone creating a situation that might embarrass them. ;)

I'm not just referring to violence in or around the ground. There are some neonazi racists out there who'll be looking to target certain groups of fans anywhere during the world cup.

Expect to read about some nasty attacks come 2018.

Edited by smokie36

Since when has the Daily Mail been a reliable source of news!? That being said, won't be surprised if The FA did stick two fingers up at the Thai chief for going back on his promise!

All depends if a contract for the match has been signed. It was a match to honour HM The King for his 65th anniversary of his accesition to the throne. At least that was the offcial line when this was announced.

Would be disappointed if they did cancel it, was really looking forward to it!

Since when has the Daily Mail been a reliable source of news!? That being said, won't be surprised if The FA did stick two fingers up at the Thai chief for going back on his promise!

All depends if a contract for the match has been signed. It was a match to honour HM The King for his 65th anniversary of his accesition to the throne. At least that was the offcial line when this was announced.

I agree about the Daily Mail that's why I said according to them with an exclamation mark , and why I did some more research and found the second link, If you look at that you will also see the Telegraph are reporting that it will be cancelled and the reasons why.

Yeah regardless of the reasons England should stand by their word and learn from their experience here. Decent article by the Mail for a change.....trouble is the comments coming so close to the voting process do sound like sour grapes to many people. Let's see what's being said in a few months time.

The entire fifa committee should be replaced of course and the voting extended to every member nation.....also it should be an open vote.

The Telegraph is quite succinct:

England will withdraw from a friendly against Thailand agreed as part of the failed 2018 World Cup bid, in protest at the broken promises that undermined the campaign, Telegraph Sport understands.

The controversial game, scheduled to take place in Bangkok next June, was agreed to try to secure the support of Thailand's executive committee member, Worawi Makudi.The Football Association agreed to the deal to help the bid, despite concerns over the wisdom of taking the England squad on a long-haul trip to Asia to play a game of no value to coach Fabio Capello.

After Thursday's humiliating first-round defeat in the 2018 ballot, in which Makudi was not the single voter to support England, the FA intends to cancel the fixture.

Just have to make do with Thailand - Malaysia on the box at 5pm today....sad.gif

Great news it being called off,we will not have to be shamed by our fellow countrymen being seen on tv en mass walking through nana plaza singing show us your tits.

It could be the best night's takings there for years and maybe kickstart the place. God knows it could do with it seeing what its become.....

If the game goes ahead I've decided I will be in attendance anyway. ;)

Most of the online Brit press are reporting that the game against Thailand will be called off.

Revenge is a dish best served cold - already the name's of those who allegedly promised their vote for Englands bid have been published.

The English FA will be looking at their financial commitment to world football, its not much - some 600K GBP.

There has been suggestions that the English press shackles come off and go after FIFA big time, the Murdoch papers being particulary venomous- along with the good old DM.

Edited by phutoie2

i'd love someone to elaborate on how the english media 'go after fifa big time'. panorama and the sunday times exposed fifa's executive committee as being bent, complete with evidence. fifa's own 'standards' body agreed and found the relevant individuals guilty of corruption. then they awarded the next two world cups to the wealthiest bidders. the entire english fourth estate could turn on fifa en masse and attempt to bring them down but fifa simply would not care. they're insular, protected by swiss law and essentially bulletproof.

domestic FAs to boycott fifa tournaments would be a start. otherwise this will just roll on.

Great news it being called off,we will not have to be shamed by our fellow countrymen being seen on tv en mass walking through nana plaza singing show us your tits.

No, we just get our fellow Countrymen walking through Nana Plaza with little Birds half their age instead hanging on for dear Life looking like the Cat who has got the Cream..:D

No, we just get our fellow Countrymen walking through Nana Plaza with little Birds half their age instead hanging on for dear Life looking like the Cat who has got the Cream..:D

How many wives are going to allow this trip awaty for the football? :o

and how much will be offered to the Thais to organise an airport protest the morning after the game? :D

Or how many Wives will be found for this Away Trip ?? :D

Or how many Wives will be found for this Away Trip ?? :D

Pop into Chequers and ask the barmaid when she's meeting her 'Looney'.....there's a marriage made for starters! They'll be bussing 'em in specially for that week no question...

The Thai vote was lost when Dave decided to cancel his holiday here, causing Mark to lose face.:D

I agree with England withdrawing from the match against Thailand.

We should also with withdraw from FIFA and the Eurovision song contest (we're not even getting Cyprus' vote these days).

Edited by chickenslegs

domestic FAs to boycott fifa tournaments would be a start. otherwise this will just roll on.

Absolutely. There ain't no doubt about the revenue that FIFA would lose if that was to happen.

I would agree with the view that they know the game is nearly up and have taken big $$$ from Qatar and are all now preparing to jump ship.....one by one....just watch them over the next two or three years... ;)

Absolutely. There ain't no doubt about the revenue that FIFA would lose if that was to happen.

I would agree with the view that they know the game is nearly up and have taken big $$$ from Qatar and are all now preparing to jump ship.....one by one....just watch them over the next two or three years... ;)

Probably right there smokes. I think Beckenbauer's (sp) time is up sometime in the new year.

Such a negative attitude , ask Japan about the English supporters, They love us.