2010 Honda Vtr 250

Joolz63

The owner of that website has been, well, a bit optimistic in predictions before. For instance there was a claim that after 2008 there would be no more CBR 150 available, and I've heard reports that you can still find some in various Honda dealers. Supposing we'll find out when we find out.

**edit**

Correcting my date....

Edited by dave_boo

The owner of that website has been, well, a bit optimistic in predictions before. For instance there was a claim that after 2008 there would be no more CBR 150 available, and I've heard reports that you can still find some in various Honda dealers. Supposing we'll find out when we find out.

**edit**

Correcting my date....

Nobody could have foreseen the crisis in the automotive industry (which also effected the motorcycle business in Thailand), no even me, and most of the plans have been moved one year up (some plans even longer).

And yes I also hear the rumors of Honda dealers who still have stock of the Honda CBR150R, but then on this forum people often write something what is not true. So ordered a VTR250 a few months ago, some have seen CBX250's at a Honda dealer in Petchaburi, etc...

Anyway... reading back your example I'm happy you found so much join in riding a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, as in your example somebody would almost think you would never buy one...

but Richard was right that they have stopped making the cbr150. its his daates that are often out by months and years. Richard 30 days from today. ok will wait then tick tock tick tock.biggrin.gif

Hmm, the new Honda bike is already ready to be launched, but we wait until somebody picks a lucky date... I guess it's within 30 days...

Richard-BKK,

1 quick question.

Why do posters complain :annoyed: annoyed: when you pass on, in good faith, information that you have received - after bringing to the decision to announce your own best judgment based upon years of experience in the business? (Only to find out later that the manufacturer or publisher was incorrect.:()

Don't you have, and use, a crystal ball that always tells the future exactly :o ? Do you not have better information than anyone within Honda, say, at the very very top :ph34r: ?

OK, those were three questions, and anyway...

(Just kidding.):rolleyes:

Edited by CMX

Nobody could have foreseen the crisis in the automotive industry (which also effected the motorcycle business in Thailand), no even me, and most of the plans have been moved one year up (some plans even longer).

And yes I also hear the rumors of Honda dealers who still have stock of the Honda CBR150R, but then on this forum people often write something what is not true. So ordered a VTR250 a few months ago, some have seen CBX250's at a Honda dealer in Petchaburi, etc...

Anyway... reading back your example I'm happy you found so much join in riding a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, as in your example somebody would almost think you would never buy one...

Good thing I didn't buy a Ninja 250....

Wife bought it for me as a gift.

Good thing I didn't buy a Ninja 250....

Wife bought it for me as a gift.

I hope you where not to upset with your wife... I'm sure she meant it with all good intension's...

Richard-BKK,

1 quick question.

Why do posters complain :annoyed: annoyed: when you pass on, in good faith, information that you have received - after bringing to the decision to announce your own best judgment based upon years of experience in the business?  (Only to find out later that the manufacturer or publisher was incorrect.:()

Don't you have, and use, a crystal ball that always tells the future exactly :o ?  Do you not have better information than anyone within Honda, say, at the very very top :ph34r: ?

OK, those were three questions, and anyway...

(Just kidding.):rolleyes:

Cmx.. Because unfortunately Richard tends to tell every one a bit to early. I traipsed off to the Bangkok Motor show at the end of March to look at the much vaunted release of Honda's big bikes. What did i find...NADA.. same Honda stand as the year before.

Richard  does give some good info sometimes and i have nothing against him personally. But it would be good if he had some ironclad info with dates , prices etc

Or info about who imports the Chinese knockoff gear so we could get some cheap :D

Yes, I recall clearly the debacle of the BKK bike show, as I was in the market to buy at that time, and I was watching like a hawk - I seem to recall that a new CBR Fi was in the rumor mill. It seemed that our anticipations came from many directions and failed in more.

However, I attributed the uncertainty to industrial releases or company information that is spewed out all the time and was picked up by publications. Situated as he is, I assumed that Richard is subject to misinformation as often as information, whatever the causes. I do think he has a very good record with regard to where the wind is blowing, so I see your point about patience (and "guess vs one month"). 'Course, there is always a tendency toward a rush to publish, so I look to ALL such information with suspicion.

Except for some Thai restaurants that I've used frequently, and my Tiger warranty, I don't know of many things that are certain here, so far. Still, this Vtr rumor feels pretty good to me.

I really hope that Richard is correct about the VTR250 as it would be a cracking bike for Thailand.

But today i asked my girlfriend to call her sisters gik who is the sales manager for a large local Honda dealer.

He said that the VTR would not be coming as the import duty is to high. This is what his Honda sales contact told him on Monday when he asked for another of his friends. He said he had been told that Honda will bring big bikes in but probably not this year. So either his HONDA guy does not know, they been told to keep it secret..... or what.

wait and see i suppose same, same NOT different.

The guy from the chip shop, I kid you not, swears blind it'll be a fully-faired, scaled-down 250cc version of the VFR 1200, coming out most probably in October.

Take your pick of the rumours.

Briggsy.. I hope so. What are the chips like? Are they like we remember from home?

No VTR coming but a CBR250RR with FI will be released around 31/10/10 for approx 150,000k.

http://www.twowheels...europe-for-2011

Isn't this an important part of the article you linked to?

According to reports the CBR250RR could be brought to Europe next year, after establishing itself as a successful model in its class in Japan.

I haven't read anything about there being a current model year CBR250 in Japan. That article seems long on speculation (for instance it thought that the bike could use the CRF engine-ugh!-or the VTR's engine). Really doesn't have anything more concrete than anything else in this thread I guess.

No VTR coming but a CBR250RR with FI will be released around 31/10/10 for approx 150,000k.

According to reports the CBR250RR could be brought to Europe next year, after establishing itself as a successful model in its class in Japan.

I haven't read anything about there being a current model year CBR250 in Japan. That article seems long on speculation (for instance it thought that the bike could use the CRF engine-ugh!-or the VTR's engine). Really doesn't have anything more concrete than anything else in this thread I guess.

The link was only so people could see a picture of the bike, it wasn't where I got my information from just a few hours ago and as the article is a year old then the actual info in it should be ignored. The CBR250 with Fuel Injection WILL be available from around 31/10/10....concrete!

Edited by skybluestu

The link was only so people could see a picture of the bike, it wasn't where I got my information from just a few hours ago and as the article is a year old then the actual info in it should be ignored. The CBR250 with Fuel Injection WILL be available from around 31/10/10....concrete!

skyblue... what's it going to be? Single, twin, triple,four cylinder. If you have concrete info then you should know this!

For your information the last Cbr250rr was a 4 cylinder sports bike with a 19,000rpm redline. If its that one resurrected and modernised then i would be all over it for 150,000b. If on the other hand its a single cylinder thing like in the picture it's going to be a waste of space. So more 'concrete' info please. biggrin.gif

skyblue... what's it going to be? Single, twin, triple,four cylinder. If you have concrete info then you should know this!

For your information the last Cbr250rr was a 4 cylinder sports bike with a 19,000rpm redline. If its that one resurrected and modernised then i would be all over it for 150,000b. If on the other hand its a single cylinder thing like in the picture it's going to be a waste of space. So more 'concrete' info please. biggrin.gif

Hi Happy Guy....from what i read on some different sites it seems to be the CRF cross engine on the 250 cbr ??? You gonna get a sports-thumper - a bit disappointing

, i find the Kawa ninja better looking plus it is a inline twin.

mbox

The concrete info I have is that a CBR250 with FI will be released on or around 31/10/10 for approx 150k as direct competition for the Ninja 250 and nothing else (but you could maybe check the spec sheet of the VTR250 engine if you wanted to know more).

Based on ??

As there is no CBR250RR selling anywhere I find it hard to believe a whole new model is going to be debuted by Honda in Thailand first.

You taking bets ??

Based on ??

As there is no CBR250RR selling anywhere I find it hard to believe a whole new model is going to be debuted by Honda in Thailand first.

You taking bets ??

Bets?! You mean gambling? Isn't that illegal here? How about a gentlemans bet, a cyber-handshake should do it?

Sure.. I have another one going that we are going to see the VTR 'in a month' thats about halfway through by now.

I would love to see a 250 CBR at that kind of money, would be great for the bike scene here.. I just find it doubtful that Thailand gets the first shot at a new major release like that.

Anything less than a 2 cylinder would be a slap in the face of the CBR name (and I don't think Honda would do that). Furthermore the price differential between the old CBR 250RR and Ninja 250 of the same vintage was insane (9990 AUD for the CBR and 2999 USD - 3225 AUD - for the 1999 Ninja). Granted I don't know the price of the Ninja, being an import and all then to Aus, but even assuming a 100% duty it was still at most 2/3 the price of the CBR! Extrapolating from there a similar 4 cylinder CBR now-a-days would be something like 225 000 THB....can't see that many people getting it over the ER-6* series.

Hi Happy Guy....from what i read on some different sites it seems to be the CRF cross engine on the 250 cbr ??? You gonna get a sports-thumper - a bit disappointing

, i find the Kawa ninja better looking plus it is a inline twin.

mbox

I disagree about the Kawi looking better, especially from the front.

The concrete info I have is that a CBR250 with FI will be released on or around 31/10/10 for approx 150k as direct competition for the Ninja 250 and nothing else (but you could maybe check the spec sheet of the VTR250 engine if you wanted to know more).

A faired VTR250 =/= a CBR 250 anymore than a ER-6F=Ninja 600.....

Poring over those pictures it appears that perhaps somebody is doing what they've been doing to the 450's; take the mx, change up the fairing, headstock, shocks/forks, tyres, pegs, and bars. But I'll wait and see!