Is There Anyone In Pattaya Who Downloads Torrents

Westerner

Hi

I've been downloading torrents (using uTorrents) for quite some time now and never had a problem even thought the red icon kept telling me to open up a port. Anyway, the other day I decided to give it a try through portforward.com. I tried a few times but didn't succeed in opening a port, and now the red icon has turned yellow and I have no incoming connection whatsoever. Until I get the problem sorted I am unable to download any more torrents because my ratio will go down.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to come over to my house and open up the port for me. If anyone can help please PM me and we can make arrangements from there.

Fingers crossed somebody can help.:jap:

Thanks.

W.

What kind of ADSL modem do you have, and is it listed on portforward.com?

It should be as simple as to open a virtual server on your modem and match that port to the settings in utorrent.

What kind of ADSL modem do you have, and is it listed on portforward.com?

It should be as simple as to open a virtual server on your modem and match that port to the settings in utorrent.

I have D-Link DSL2640T and it is listed on portforward.com. I have got as far as opening the virtual server on the modem but something always seems to go wrong at the end and I never get to open the port.

What internet provider are you with?

Some may have certain ports blocked.

I'm with Triple T. Like I said in my first post, I didn't have any problems until I attempted to open a port so I don't think it's Triple T blocking it.

Edited by Westerner

I have D-Link DSL2640T and it is listed on portforward.com. I have got as far as opening the virtual server on the modem but something always seems to go wrong at the end and I never get to open the port.

OK, there's a problem with that router/modem.

It does not save when you press apply.

1. Set up the virtual server as in www.portforward.com.

2. Go to the tools tab.

3. Select system on the left side.

4. Now you will find a button "Save and reebot".

ohh, sorry I don't live in Pattaya but maybe my advice can be useful. :unsure:

Edited by PoorSucker

OK, there's a problem with that router/modem.

It does not save when you press apply.

1. Set up the virtual server as in www.portforward.com.

2. Go to the tools tab.

3. Select system on the left side.

4. Now you will find a button "Save and reebot".

ohh, sorry I don't live in Pattaya but maybe my advice can be useful. :unsure:

Hi PoorSucker

Thanks for letting me know about the problem with the router. Have just tried your suggestion but still haven't managed to open the port. In the virtual server do I go as far as the time to press "apply", but ignore that and then go to the toolsbar? I really need someone here who knows what they're doing. Pity you're not in Pattaya!

Simple Port Forwarding 3.0.8

This Program has always worked for me

http://filepig.org/d...ort_forwarding/

Hi Farangchopthai

I've tried it. I've put in my router, router IP, username, password, not sure where to go from here. Got the list "App.name","forwarded to" etc.etc. can't click on them. It says right click for more options but nothing happens when I right click!

good luck for this! If not successful I can move this to the IT forum, there are all the geeks hanging out who have more advise for you B)

Thanks Raro, I'll let you know the outcome.

Hi Raro

Didn't have any luck yesterday so can you please move it to the IT forum. Thanks.

W.