Thais With Wads Of Cash

gravion

Yesterday I went to the bank and I see some Thais depositing 600,000K baths....... <deleted>

How do these folks get these amounts of cash? Why would they have raw cash and carry it around....

One mistake and it's all gone.............. And some folks love to count their money right infront of the public... lol weeeeeeeee

I know its hard to believe a person with money, let alone a thai and in a cash based society!

1. Sold a car

2. received rental payments for their properties

3. deposit from their business

A business can take that easy in one day, where do you propose they put it? In their mattress?

Maybe sold some land, got the cash from the buyers bank and then headed straight over to their own bank to deposit it.

Or perhaps they just wanted to flaunt their massive wealth in front of others, so they spent their day withdrawing and then depositing their life savings.

I know its hard to believe a person with money, let alone a thai and in a cash based society!

1. Sold a car

A business can take that easy in one day, where do you propose they put it? In their mattress?

What business is it of yours?

1. Sold a car

What business is it of yours?

Its none of my business, thats the point.

An example why people carry cash.

A few of months back I was with an old Thai couple and their 1 million+ baht cash as they went from one bank to deposit in others.

They'd sold their house, the manager of the GSB bank they wanted to deposit the money in wouldn't accept a bank draft. :blink: They had to go back to the original bank and and exchange the draft for cash.

And as others have said, depositing the takings from their businesses.

As somebody already said, Thailand is more of a cash society whereas North America is a credit card society. I seldom have very much cash in Canada and purchase everything by credit card. I pay everything with cash in Thailand. A lady friend of mine asked me to chaperone her as a sort of body guard when she was carrying one million baht in cash to pay for her new home.

As somebody already said, Thailand is more of a cash society whereas North America is a credit card society. I seldom have very much cash in Canada and purchase everything by credit card. I pay everything with cash in Thailand. A lady friend of mine asked me to chaperone her as a sort of body guard when she was carrying one million baht in cash to pay for her new home.

Ian next time tell me ill hit you over the head and we split the money later :D

i see this ALL THE TIME when i go into thai banks....in major cities and little village towns too. people coming in and depositing hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions of baht. one day i was in a bank in a village an hour from chantaburi... about half an hour waiting to be waited on and AT LEAST half the people in there were making deposits of B100k or more. one guy came in...no joke with a tight stack of 1000 baht notes at least 2 feet wide on the counter.

i don't know about you, but where i'm from, 90% of the people in line are depositing their $248 weekly check, or taking out $60 to pay their phone bill....

i see this ALL THE TIME when i go into thai banks....in major cities and little village towns too. people coming in and depositing hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions of baht. one day i was in a bank in a village an hour from chantaburi... about half an hour waiting to be waited on and AT LEAST half the people in there were making deposits of B100k or more. one guy came in...no joke with a tight stack of 1000 baht notes at least 2 feet wide on the counter.

i don't know about you, but where i'm from, 90% of the people in line are depositing their $248 weekly check, or taking out $60 to pay their phone bill....

alos at Tesco Lotus: everyone's carts are full with things, more than a few have even 2 carts > something fishy around here?