Which Is The Most Boring Local Forum

evanson

Dear God. Because I stay here more than most of the time, I scan the various forums and without a shadow of a doubt, find the Phuket forum to be the most inane, tedious, dull, on tv. Except for when the 'bullies' are given back their reins ... :whistling:

Is this particular forum a fair overview of the residents here? If so, bit Bournemouth on Sea isn't it? Mixed in with a bit of Blackpool come 'high season'.

If you were new to Thailand, and based your decision on where to live after scanning the 'local forums', would it be here?

unlike Bournemouth,which i understand is quite good at these sort of things, the local farangs cant seem to organize a lunchtime social ( or a game of bowls or possbly an afternoon of bridge) where they all manage to turn up at the same place at around the same time and manage to meet each other (with or without "other halves".)

Edited by wordchild

I fully agree with 'neverdie', if this forum is too boring for you, there is a lot of others and there are even other websites offering ever more forums to get bored about...

But possibly you might stay around here a bit longer and find out about the amazing details of a 'boring' forum, which just does not live on great sensations but on information exchange between people who are living here (obviously not in the forum, but on Phuket Island).

If all is too boring you might start a 'Soi Bangla Forum', but actually I cannot image this might be more interesting <_<

I theorize that Phuket resident farangs are far more content than their counterparts elsewhere in the kingdom thus, they have less desire to spend time squabbling with other ex-pats and see no reason to start threads about how they were ripped off by a tuk tuk, taxi, bar girl etc. Dunno, maybe that's why the Phuket forum is not as lively as some others.

• Like 1

unlike Bournemouth,which i understand is quite good at these sort of things, the local farangs cant seem to organize a lunchtime social ( or a game of bowls or possbly an afternoon of bridge) where they all manage to turn up at the same place at around the same time and manage to meet each other (with or without "other halves".)

Ever heard of Travelling in Thailand, Overseas holidays, Barbecue's at each others homes, eating out in restaurants.

We could even have organized a day out at the bungy jump to watch you jump.

But since you were not there you will never know.

I've read that the Pattaya Forum is much more exciting, maybe you should go there! Instead you start a new thread with a question and then go on to say this is the most boring. Self fulfilling?

If you were new to Thailand, and based your decision on where to live after scanning the 'local forums', would it be here?

I could care less, I don't want more people to move here! I'm not new and I wouldn't base my decision on where to live by reading a local forum on TV!