Most Dangerous Area For Motorbike

leininger

Chiang Mai driving is pretty bad - don't know why, BKK for example seems much saner even though traffic there is much worse - but late at night it's a death zone.

If you're on a motorbike and you get hit it's usually your own fault. Pay attention! Yes, people do crazy, unexpected things in their vehicles in this country, but you know that, and it's up to you to adjust to it.

I agree about paying attention, but it's sometimes hard to adjust when they come straight out of a side turning.

Clearly, there's some situations where you have no chance. But shooting out of side sois is to be expected, and you have to adjust for it. That is, stay clear of the left side of the road when there's a soi there. Or... at any time, actually, TIT ;)

Agreed, never had a problem once adjusted to Thai style. Personally find 95% of them very polite and certainly more aware of you than back in the UK at least. Never once felt intimidated, that's for sure, though I'm a pretty aggressive rider. :whistling::D

What, no third leg? :P

Yah, I've got those also, but not for posting on the forum. :blink::lol: My girl friend who took the above photo was prancing around with my camera snapping all sorts of pictures of me naked, while giggling her head off. :)

She did take good care of patching me up, though, and tending to my needs afterwards. I think it's ingrained in women to take care of men in need. They are like little nurses running around with bandages and ointment. :jap:

The OP is right. Mae Jo road seems more dangerous because of the body count.

I drive on the Mae Jo road almost daily and it has always boggled my mind how such a well-designed, well-lit, well-marked, multi-lane road can have so many freakin' accidents.

Soon the white paint outlines at accident sites are going to blend together to pave the entire road deadly-white! I'm not exaggerating! (well, actually, I AM exaggerating, but you get the point)

Nothing like a bit of witty exaggeration to make a point!

My personal black spots are Hang Dong Road (fast and dangerous, like the drivers of Lampang registered vehicles) and Chotana Rd (slow and dangerous, like the drivers of Lamphun vehicles).

Pretty young girls on Honda Dreams can be the most aggressive riders on the road; few Thai bike readers see right turn flashers ahead of them; all will come charging out of minor roads to turn left on main roads without slowing or looking AND if they begin a Totally Suicidal Move in front of you THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE THEIR MINDS, even with death staring them in the face. Or in their non-existent mirrors!

Just do everyone else's looking and thinking for them, and you should be OK.

Should.