• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

based on the first page bickering alone, this thread is worthy of being closed

but there are some interesting car stuff on the second page

so Ill move this to the motor forum, and suggest you carry on the discussion about cars, prices and whatever technical stuff that takes your fancy

but do NOT carry on with the who is earning how much and who is richer than who please.

this forum is not the place for that kind of bickering :)

cheers

thats onl Thai government registered theachers. They get very low rate finance so they can get in deep debt and and be trapped into a low paying profession. Of course, this does not encourage corruption so that's ok then :unsure:

Do foreigners working at government schools get that rate? If so, is there a special place to go for that deal? A particular bank? Any dealer? Or maybe some online documentation outlining the savings?

Thanks!

thats onl Thai government registered theachers. They get very low rate finance so they can get in deep debt and and be trapped into a low paying profession. Of course, this does not encourage corruption so that's ok then :unsure:

Do foreigners working at government schools get that rate? If so, is there a special place to go for that deal? A particular bank? Any dealer? Or maybe some online documentation outlining the savings?

Thanks!

I was able to answer my own question by having the wife do some searching.

The government worker must be Thai, be on a Tabien baan and have an ID card. They also must be on the 'dead teachers' fund, which asks for contributions when a teacher dies to help out their family.

FYI

The Regents School is an International school.

(I know this because my kids go there - to the one in Bangkok).

That means that it is a teacher that is English. Not that he is teaching English (although he might be, if that's actually his subject, as the school does GCSE, A-levels and IB.)

As for financing on BMWs - Our X3 is about 38,000 a month, although it does have a balloon payment after 4 years if you don't trade it in. Our 3-series is about 40K, but doesn't have the balloon payment, as we bought it used (just under a year old).

I know they're a lot cheaper to buy in the UK, but it does mean you never get stopped by the police here (unless your tax disc is actually out of date).

P.S. 924s may have had a Porsche badge on them, but they were actually built in an Audi factory, not in one of Porsche's own factories...

P.P.S. What I really want to get here is a 928 S4 (cheap as chips bought used in the UK), if anybody knows of one up for sale in Thailand...

No problem, I have the greatest respect for any afficiando of the marque. Do sell me on the plus points of the 924 though... I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

My mates dad had a 924 Carrera GT for a while, its still a model that I would have in my fantasy garage

porsche_924_carrera_GT_1980.jpg

Good luck to the guy with the Boxter, I am working in Milton Keynes now, its not where I really what to be in the world but can't complain about an IT contract that pays 400 UKP a day, most of which it being invested towards moving back to LOS with money in the bank and income streams to afford the life and toys I want there.