Poor Teachers?

Loz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

English teacher, from milton keynes. married to a charming lady from Chakarat, a small village near Korat (where the picture was taken) The Chap seems very happy with his lot. I didn't ask if the car was in his wife's name... didn't seem appropriate. :huh:

• Like 1

English teacher, from milton keynes. married to a charming lady from Chakarat, a small village near Korat (where the picture was taken) The Chap seems very happy with his lot. I didn't ask if the car was in his wife's name... didn't seem appropriate. :huh:

He will break his back in that Boxster, theyre boneshakers.

lol.. But it's appropriate to plaster pictures of his motor on the internet?

Ive known a few people who live here and work long hours in low paying jobs and they have plenty to servive on in the bank. I also Know a Thai Lady who has a top of the range C class merc and she works for a food importers for about 30k a month, rich Thai husband but she still works. its funny coz she parks it next to her bosses 5 year old accord! My wife works in the same place and everyone gets a laugh out of it.:)

Have you seen how much good teachers can earn overseas, in countries like South Korea, Saudi and Iraq? A few years there, save up some serious money, then come back and find a steady job in a Thai school. It's not a bad way to live. You can certainly afford some luxuries.

English teacher, from milton keynes. married to a charming lady from Chakarat, a small village near Korat (where the picture was taken) The Chap seems very happy with his lot.

Let's face it if I came from Milton Keynes I'd be happy with my lot if I lived in Mogadishu.

• Like 1

Ive known a few people who live here and work long hours in low paying jobs and they have plenty to servive on in the bank. I also Know a Thai Lady who has a top of the range C class merc and she works for a food importers for about 30k a month, rich Thai husband but she still works. its funny coz she parks it next to her bosses 5 year old accord! My wife works in the same place and everyone gets a laugh out of it.:)

The tight bugger could at least have bought her an SLK or something similar. :D

Have you seen how much good teachers can earn overseas, in countries like South Korea, Saudi and Iraq? A few years there, save up some serious money, then come back and find a steady job in a Thai school. It's not a bad way to live. You can certainly afford some luxuries.

rofl

yeah i am sure he got that car from teaching eng in seoul.

English teacher, from milton keynes. married to a charming lady from Chakarat, a small village near Korat (where the picture was taken) The Chap seems very happy with his lot.

Let's face it if I came from Milton Keynes I'd be happy with my lot if I lived in Mogadishu.

Very droll :clap2:

Could be a graduate or school's owner. I got nothing against people buying nice cars...but a tiny convertible sportster like this is silly in Thailand, with its bad roads, seasonal flooding, polluted air, and brutal sun/temps. If was going to spend this much, would go for a Lexus SUV or something from Land Rover...same prestige...more practical...more comfortable.

Could be a graduate or school's owner. I got nothing against people buying nice cars...but a tiny convertible sportster like this is silly in Thailand, with its bad roads, seasonal flooding, polluted air, and brutal sun/temps. If was going to spend this much, would go for a Lexus SUV or something from Land Rover...same prestige...more practical...more comfortable.

Funny, you seemed to have missed the post which tells you the car is owned by an English teacher from Milton Keynes. Regarding your own choice of cars (SUV's and the like) Well, its kinda limited thinking to the presume that the owner of a Boxster in Thailand would only have ONE car, isn't it?

On a completely unrelated note, have you by chance read the thread on "types of TV posters" ? :whistling:

I know more than a few 'well off' teachers. Mostly Kru Kate types who own tutorial schools.

Myself I taught English for two years (I even rode the non air con bus sometimes!), I'm not exactly on welfare now...

:)

Edited by Heng

It's a <deleted> Boxster, comon, you are talking like its a Veyron or Koeniggseg. Cheapest, nastiest Porsche ever made.

I know, I know the tax etc, but still well under 5m baht, and affordable to anyone on finance with a salary of 100k +

It's a <deleted> Boxster, comon, you are talking like its a Veyron or Koeniggseg. Cheapest, nastiest Porsche ever made.

I know, I know the tax etc, but still well under 5m baht, and affordable to anyone on finance with a salary of 100k +

Or he followed Naam's advice and employed a bilingu.....trilingu.....multilingual gardener and bought it really cheap!
  • Like 1

Boxsters start at 6.2 Million.

Forgive me for being 24% out, I was just throwing out figures from the top of my head rather than googling it to try and appear superior.................which failed by the way, just pedantic.

QED,

You clearly don't know the first thing about the Porsche brand as the cheapest and nastiest car they made was the 924 which had an engine based on the VW LT transporter van. Even with a 48:52% weight distribution it was a pig in knickers! even the 914, which looked like a rival for the Triumph TR7/VW Karman ghia and Fiat X/19 was worse than the Boxster.

By comparison, the Boxster (although not at all apealling to me - 911s all the way sorry) is a fine sports car which dominated it market for years after release and is, in the right spec, as much or more fun to drive than a 911. Under steer or oversteer in a mid-engined car is a fine balancing act! :blink:

Not the used ones.

QED,

You clearly don't know the first thing about the Porsche brand as the cheapest and nastiest car they made was the 924 which had an engine based on the VW LT transporter van. Even with a 48:52% weight distribution it was a pig in knickers! even the 914, which looked like a rival for the Triumph TR7/VW Karman ghia and Fiat X/19 was worse than the Boxster.

By comparison, the Boxster (although not at all apealling to me - 911s all the way sorry) is a fine sports car which dominated it market for years after release and is, in the right spec, as much or more fun to drive than a 911. Under steer or oversteer in a mid-engined car is a fine balancing act! :blink:

924 is not the worst. I would say the H-Series 912 E. 75BHP and the weight distribution was...

Speaking of Porsches, here are my friends at Porsche center Bangkok. They drove it from Belgium,Gent to China passing Bangkok without any troubles what so ever.cleaning2.jpg

Edited by Hawkup2000

lol @ rationalizing being able to afford a 6m baht car (that does not count insurance and maintenance) on a 100k/month salary. please break down the financing on that i could use a good laugh.

the financing on a 1 million baht car over 4 years payment is around 20,000 baht a month. so I would guess on a 6 mil car it would be 120k per month. a 3 series BMW would be over 50k a month.

correct me if I am wrong as I do not know for sure but just making a guess bassed on my costs.

lol @ rationalizing being able to afford a 6m baht car (that does not count insurance and maintenance) on a 100k/month salary. please break down the financing on that i could use a good laugh.

the financing on a 1 million baht car over 4 years payment is around 20,000 baht a month. so I would guess on a 6 mil car it would be 120k per month. a 3 series BMW would be over 50k a month.

correct me if I am wrong as I do not know for sure but just making a guess bassed on my costs.

I thought he meant US$100k /year. That's still worth something, but better hurry though.

I thought he meant US$100k /year. That's still worth something, but better hurry though.

he said

"It's a <deleted> Boxster, comon, you are talking like its a Veyron or Koeniggseg. Cheapest, nastiest Porsche ever made.

I know, I know the tax etc, but still well under 5m baht, and affordable to anyone on finance with a salary of 100k +"

pretty sure he was talking about THB.

perhaps if u sleep in the car and rent the backseat out as a love hotel.