Bangkok Bank.

In my experience, BKK Bank's web site definitely has had some issues, particularly with log-ins, with regular versions of Firefox. The site seems to work much better with Internet Explorer..

However, the Firefox issue is easily remedied by installing a free Firefox add-on on your computer called IE Tab... It basically allows Firefox to emulate using IE, even though you're still using Firefox.

In the preferences menu, you can manually enter or copy the web sites you ALWAYS want to Firefox to open using IE Tab... Also, it installs a little icon in the bottom status bar section of your browser, that toggles between the Firefox and IE logos... Whichever you click, it will toggle the browser display between regular Firefox and Firefox using IE tab...

That solved all of the log-in problems I previously was having with BKK Bank's web site in the past when I was trying to access it straight thru Firefox...

That was a few versions back of Firefox somewhere in the ver 3 series... I haven't tried BKK Bank's web site directly with Firefox with the more recent versions in recent months, because now I just automatically log-in thru IE Tab every time...

That was a few versions back of Firefox somewhere in the ver 3 series... I haven't tried BKK Bank's web site directly with Firefox with the more recent versions in recent months, because now I just automatically log-in thru IE Tab every time...

I also used IE tabs but after the change supporting FF I use FF straight in now and never had any problems. This includes log in times being fairly short, around 30 seconds max, considering I'm on an EDGE connection and it's an HTTPS connection I consider that reasonable. My high speed office connection around 5-10 seconds.

BTW - you might want to hold off on upgrading FF to 3.6.10 as IE tabs is not supported yet for this.

Thanks for updating on that, Tywais...

I know the site certainly gave FF users, including myself, problems in the past. And I certainly can vouch for IE Tabs via Firefox working fine with the current version of the web site...

Whether or not one uses IE Tabs for the BKK Bank web site, it's also a handy thing to have for the various sites out there that seem to display oddly in Firefox vs. IE...

Edited by jfchandler

Whether or not one uses IE Tabs for the BKK Bank web site, it's also a handy thing to have for the various sites out there that seem to display oddly in Firefox vs. IE...

Entirely agree and is how I found out about the 3.6.10 issue, which is what I'm on now, as I went today to get a copy of IE Tabs only to find that notice. :D

I have been using Bangkok Bank's internet banking for about 10 years.

The first 6 or 7 years, it was ok, but you could only use IE, no firefox.

Nowadays, I can use firefox, but 60% of the time it will crash (eg pull down menues usually will not work, have to call hotline, have to restart computer several times and so on).

I cannot use IE anymore when in Thailand, because it is too slow. IE from abraod works very well (but slow).

So after all, every log-in into Bangkok Bank's internet banking during the last 2 years or so is a pain in the ass. I never know how often and when the problems will show up (cannot log in, cannot log off, cannot this and cannot that), but I know that I better have 2 hours time. 1 hour is not enough for Bangkok Bank's internet banking.

It sucks.

BTW in 10 years, their internet banking service has answered the telephone once. The only way to call Bangkok Bank 02-645 5555 is pretending you want to cancel your cards, that is the only option in the menu where somneone will answer the phone. They change the menu often in order to make it difficult for customers to call. And of course, they will not answer the phone if it's late (like 10 pm), if it's raining, if it's a public or not so public holiday or whatever.

We have thousands of users on FIREFOX and they are fine. We have hundreds of thousands on IE and they are fine. The prior poster who had a problem spoke to my staff who stepped him through the setup steps and it was fine.So if you really want to sort this out please PM me and we will get in touch with you via my Bank email ID. We willl help you sort out the problem and you can post whatever you want on this site.

If you want to call the Bank you use 1333. That has been the contact number for years. It is in all our advertising and is on the Website.

Others with complaints have confirmed that if you call 1333 you can get our staff and that they speak English well. So please call that number if you do not want to deal with me. I have never heard of anybody saying before that they cannot get an answer from our staff on the phone.

1333 is the same Bualuang Phone service as 02-645 5555, you probably know this.

I just called 1333 and had them confirm this.

I then followed the menue to contact internet banking support, and after pressing 2, then 6, then 1, then 3 (I hope I remember right) somebody answered the phone. She had nothing to do with internet banking, but connected me to ibanking.

The internet banking staff spoke English quite well (this started a couple of years ago, before they would speak only Thai). I told her that I use FF for ibanking and always have some problems, maybe she has some idea? She recommended I use IE. I told her IE is too slow in Thailand. She then told me that I need FF 3.6 (I have 3.5.13), she said FF 3.5 is not supported.

Anyway, I just tried ibanking using IE and it worked very well, like in the old days - the reason may be that I just installed IE 8 (when abroad, I only use IE 8, when in Thailand I have up to now used IE7).

Edited by uhuh

I have been using Bangkok Bank's internet banking for about 10 years.

The first 6 or 7 years, it was ok, but you could only use IE, no firefox.

Nowadays, I can use firefox, but 60% of the time it will crash (eg pull down menues usually will not work, have to call hotline, have to restart computer several times and so on).

I cannot use IE anymore when in Thailand, because it is too slow. IE from abraod works very well (but slow).

So after all, every log-in into Bangkok Bank's internet banking during the last 2 years or so is a pain in the ass. I never know how often and when the problems will show up (cannot log in, cannot log off, cannot this and cannot that), but I know that I better have 2 hours time. 1 hour is not enough for Bangkok Bank's internet banking.

It sucks.

BTW in 10 years, their internet banking service has answered the telephone once. The only way to call Bangkok Bank 02-645 5555 is pretending you want to cancel your cards, that is the only option in the menu where somneone will answer the phone. They change the menu often in order to make it difficult for customers to call. And of course, they will not answer the phone if it's late (like 10 pm), if it's raining, if it's a public or not so public holiday or whatever.

We have thousands of users on FIREFOX and they are fine. We have hundreds of thousands on IE and they are fine. The prior poster who had a problem spoke to my staff who stepped him through the setup steps and it was fine.So if you really want to sort this out please PM me and we will get in touch with you via my Bank email ID. We willl help you sort out the problem and you can post whatever you want on this site.

If you want to call the Bank you use 1333. That has been the contact number for years. It is in all our advertising and is on the Website.

Others with complaints have confirmed that if you call 1333 you can get our staff and that they speak English well. So please call that number if you do not want to deal with me. I have never heard of anybody saying before that they cannot get an answer from our staff on the phone.

1333 is the same Bualuang Phone service as 02-645 5555, you probably know this.

I just called 1333 and had them confirm this.

I then followed the menue to contact internet banking support, and after pressing 2, then 6, then 1, then 3 (I hope I remember right) somebody answered the phone. She had nothing to do with internet banking, but connected me to ibanking.

The internet banking staff spoke English quite well (this started a couple of years ago, before they would speak only Thai). I told her that I use FF for ibanking and always have some problems, maybe she has some idea? She recommended I use IE. I told her IE is too slow in Thailand. She then told me that I need FF 3.6 (I have 3.5.13), she said FF 3.5 is not supported.

Anyway, I just tried ibanking using IE and it worked very well, like in the old days - the reason may be that I just installed IE 8 (when abroad, I only use IE 8, when in Thailand I have up to now used IE7).

Glad it worked out.

Please PM me if you have any other problems.

Actually, the Call Center has had an English "vector" on the ACD (phone system) since we launched in the late 90's. It is driven by the menu you mentioned on the IVR/VRU.

Thanks again for the update.