How To Protect Yourself From Debt Made By An Estranged Wife ?

surayu

My guess is that there is no way you can get immune by potential debts a wife can made behind you, even with a usufruct on the land your house is sitting in can be invalidated by either a divorce and maybe debts?? and how to find out if any bank loans has been given without your comsent? as i think banks will not be very willing to disclose details of a loan being given to another person....maybe there is a chance to track movements at the Land Office? thanks :)

ah ah funny post BOIopez, i understand your point, the things is you can be subject to other tricks even by renting or many other situations you might run into, my post aims to get some usefull information to fight back this sort of eventuality rather then just run away from it, lets stand up and fight for our rights, also owning is not about "ego", it is more about being able to interact with a property on a different level and have a considerable different way to enjoy your life, ever heard about not being allowed to put even a single nail on a wall of a rented property without being subject to a massive penalty fee? or the absurdities imposed by local owners and so on? it's really worth a thought or two and it also really depends on personal circumstancies, thanks.

the system is against you.

why do you want to fight :lol::lol:

no wonder you guys get in so much trubble.............carry on sir! i cant imagine enjoying life if one is worried if their sweetie is planning to redistribute welth.

Edited by BOlopez
  • Like 1

Well life's is actually a death sentence if you look at it, are you going to give up because of this?:D believe me you can still enjoy your life and a lot too even if you have to take care of the many hiccups someone might run into, i am all peace and love but running away is not really my style, if not for yourself, do it for whom might not have the strenght or opportunity to straight up things a bit ;)

ah ah funny post BOIopez, i understand your point, the things is you can be subject to other tricks even by renting or many other situations you might run into, my post aims to get some usefull information to fight back this sort of eventuality rather then just run away from it, lets stand up and fight for our rights, also owning is not about "ego", it is more about being able to interact with a property on a different level and have a considerable different way to enjoy your life, ever heard about not being allowed to put even a single nail on a wall of a rented property without being subject to a massive penalty fee? or the absurdities imposed by local owners and so on? it's really worth a thought or two and it also really depends on personal circumstancies, thanks.

The rent on my house 10,000bht security plus 7,000bht each month.

Now explain to me what trick could make me lose more than 17,000bht because I can't think of one myself???

If I live there for a year, do I care if they want to keep the 10,000bht security because I banged a nail in the wall ......... not really.

Landlords all over the world want to keep the security, not just in Thailand, it's what landlords do.

Come on, get a grip on reality!

Edited by sarahsbloke

The rent on my house 10,000bht security plus 7,000bht each month.

Now explain to me what trick could make me lose more than 17,000bht because I can't think of one myself???

If I live there for a year, do I care if they want to keep the 10,000bht security because I banged a nail in the wall ......... not really.

Landlords all over the world want to keep the security, not just in Thailand, it's what landlords do.

Come on, get a grip on reality!

Sarahsbloke, the point is not if you are going to lose more or less, but why you should you lose something you shouldn't and how to prevent and find out usefull informations on how to conteract this thing, so far not much came out of it :lol:

I don't agree with you when you say that all the LL in the world want to keep the security deposit, i am a LL myself and i would never even think of steal this money as you seems to suggest, the money have been given for a reason and unless that reason arise, then money should be returned and not kept, however many people think it's ok to be unhetic on this and many other subjects just because they can get away with it or have the impression they can....all i can say is "don't do to others what you wouldn't like been made to yourself", it's an easy concept, really....

have to share SB's point on this. I paid the first and last month on my rented house and when I leave I shall simple have nothing to pay the last month. I guess LLs come in all shapes and sizes but I have to say I have not had one stiff me other than when I was in a 2 room condo I didn't realise that 200bht for water per month was insane and the lecky bill was scandalous. moved into a nice 3 bedroomed house with big garden and saved money!!

Buying here in Thailand is unquestionably risky. All we are saying is renting sensibly, ISN'T. I don't think there is any evidence to refute this.

If you could buy "as sensibly" as you could rent, there would be something to discuss. But you can't. There are ways to recover losses in Thailand but if the sums are significant one must be mindful of the fact that the best legal system in the world can't bring you back from the dead. but the legal system here can release a murder back on the streets. And money can buy pretty much anything here. Less money than you might think.

I'm not saying give up. But know the fights you can win, and know when to walk away.

Loz, to walk away it's always an option but here there are too many people that enjoys being kicked in the ass while they are doing it and being laughed at in the process, all their life they just carry on like this, so, is it really the right thing to do? for many is but i wouldn't advise it....

everything can be risky and even the most influential and dangerous individual on the planet is not invincible/immortal. To close an eye for a person in need is something but to reward nasty greedy and dishumane creatures is a totally different matter IMO.

Edit:

and another remark that can be made and is important to made, not paying the last month of your rented apartment because you think your deposit will cover that expense can land you in a hel_l of a nightmare, don't do it, even if you are thinking to go abroad and never return because they can always get you before you pass the borders, you don't have the protections or rights you would get in the west here, by not pay you would simply give the LL a very good reason to abuse you in any thinkable way or even kick you out by force and i don't think the police would take your side, they would more likely put you under a locked new room with many other room-mates and ending up paying a much higher price and i am not referring to the money part only, do it if you want but understand what you might be heading to...

Edited by surayu

Thanks for the advice but I have already "cleared" my plans with my LL. Who is very reasonable. But then I have taken good care their property and been a responsible tennant. They in turn, have honoured "our" agreement also so both parties will be satisfied at the conclusion of business.

I appreciate your cautious approach but it's dangerous to presume one knows all the ins and outs of another parties arrangements. :jap:

If, I'm wrong, I post a link to the picture of the wizard's sleave that used to be my arse. :(

Sarahsbloke, the point is not if you are going to lose more or less, but why you should you lose something you shouldn't and how to prevent and find out usefull informations on how to conteract this thing, so far not much came out of it :lol:

I'm pretty sure the best way not to lose a house you bought illegally, is to not buy it in the first place.

As for protecting yourself from debts run up by another person, how about just not paying. Plenty of other countries to live in, if you outstay your welcome here.

And as Loz says for 25kbht, a man on a motorcycle wearing a black hood will solve all your problems.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I'm pretty sure the best way not to lose a house you bought illegally, is to not buy it in the first place.

As for protecting yourself from debts run up by another person, how about just not paying. Plenty of other countries to live in, if you outstay your welcome here.

And as Loz says for 25kbht, a man on a motorcycle wearing a black hood will solve all your problems.

25K it's ok if i can keep the motosay after:D ...jokes apart, a usufruct agreement is legal in Thailand, nothing dodgy has taken place and if the "other person" making debts is your legal wife, then you have pleanty of reasons to be worry and even more......

Although it seems like dead money to rent rather than buy a house i think this mentality comes from the conditioning of western society/governments that you cannot be happy unless your a home owner.When in

fact in many situations it's just a rope around your neck.This fact becomes even more dubious here in Thailand has a foreigner can never actually be a home owner, except obviously condo's.

Although it seems like dead money to rent rather than buy a house i think this mentality comes from the conditioning of western society/governments that you cannot be happy unless your a home owner.When in

fact in many situations it's just a rope around your neck.This fact becomes even more dubious here in Thailand has a foreigner can never actually be a home owner, except obviously condo's.

OH, OH!, I can answer this one for real

Home owneship is not generally very big in western society, only in a few western countries that encourage wage slavery and wish to control and repress their population. In other words, if you own a house, you can't run and hide!

For example

The largest percentage of home owners in any country is Pakistan

The smallest percentage of home owners is in Germany (with France following closely)

Here are the statistics for western countries

http://www.nationmas...-home-ownership

"The rate of homeownership is often used as a measure of the quality of a country's housing finance system. For example, it is often argued that the U.S. housing finance system is superior to the German system by virtue of the fact that there is a 27-percentage point difference between American and German homeownership rates. Upon closer analysis this comparison encounters obstacles, because Mexico and India, where housing is inferior in quality and availability in comparison to the U.S. and Germany, both boast homeownership rates of over 80%."

Full report here

http://www.allbusine.../1016522-1.html

Edited by sarahsbloke

I never made out that it my post was indeed fact,else I would have googled the statistics myself.It's only MY opinion based on my experience of living to long in the UK.How boring would it be if everyones opinion

had to be analyzed by factual references.

Edited by spud1

Spud1, you used the word fact more than once...

And yet you would have us beleive that you

never made out that it my post was indeed fact,else I would have googled the statistics myself.
:blink::blink::blink:

You can see how one might get confused...

Edited by Loz

Spud1, you used the word fact more than once...

And yet you would have us beleive that you

never made out that it my post was indeed fact,else I would have googled the statistics myself.
:blink::blink::blink:

You can see how one might get confused...

Oh yes,I can see how some could get easily comfused.;)