Thai Monestary May Have Misused Bt100m In Donations

webfact

Tanaka wrote:

Do they do any work that is of importance to anyone? No. They chose not to be burdened by everyday hardships that most people have to face. They chose to live a parasitizing life on other people's good hearts and faith.

There is a country wat near my house which is famous for the monks' skills in physical rehabilitation of people injured in accidents. Given the poor state of much rural health care here, I would describe that as work of importance. They also take in people who got f**ked up on drugs and drink, and offer them a place to pull themselves together.

I realize you were only trolling, but it was a very clumsy effort.rolleyes.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monks don't beg? No, they request, they expect people to give to them. Every day, everywhere. If you want to separate alms from begging, it is up to you but you will find it hard to back up as when you beg, you do it to get alms. It is all the same, you don't have to hold your hand out nor do the monks. But beggars nevertheless. Do they do any work that is of importance to anyone? No. They chose not to be burdened by everyday hardships that most people have to face. They chose to live a parasitizing life on other people's good hearts and faith.

Have you ever been inside a Christian Church when the ushers passed the collection plate around?:whistling:

Monks don't beg? No, they request, they expect people to give to them. Every day, everywhere. If you want to separate alms from begging, it is up to you but you will find it hard to back up as when you beg, you do it to get alms. It is all the same, you don't have to hold your hand out nor do the monks. But beggars nevertheless. Do they do any work that is of importance to anyone? No. They chose not to be burdened by everyday hardships that most people have to face. They chose to live a parasitizing life on other people's good hearts and faith.

Have you ever been inside a Christian Church when the ushers passed the collection plate around?:whistling:

If you are in a Church, unless you are a Child,you are there by your own free will.i cant recall a plate and priest outside my house,begging for money

Phra Pramote Pramocho will be defrocked if investigation proves that he has been having intimate relations with his wife who is now a nun, Bangkok monastic chief inspector Phra Rattana Methee said yesterday. . . . . Anyone want to upload the clip of them enjoying themselves? Stupid chief inspector, how can you proof beyond doubt? Even if she gets pregnant, she can still claim that it is a virgin birth, like Marry & Jesus. Don't laugh, I know a lot of Farang actually believe in this claims. Or is it OK for Farang to have a virgin birth, but not Thai? Double Standard? If someone can extract the DNA from the blood on the piece of cloth in Turin (don't know what it is call), maybe Jesus' father might not be as holy as Farang is let to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

the case is cleared and the monkม Pra Pramote, is not guilty.  Money in the account is used to help poor temple in Esan.

But what about the allegation that he was having a bit of 'naughty'? Enquiring minds need to know. One lives in Rome.

the case is cleared and the monkม Pra Pramote, is not guilty.  Money in the account is used to help poor temple in Esan.

But what about the allegation that he was having a bit of 'naughty'? Enquiring minds need to know. One lives in Rome.

Wha?

Silvio needs lessons on screwing around and how to get away with it.

the case is cleared and the monk Pra Pramote, is not guilty. Money in the account is used to help poor temple in Esan.

It's still an ongoing investigation:

3013996001.jpg

DSI probes handling of temple finances by monk's ex-wife

Phra Pramote Pramocho, who is embroiled in a temple donation scandal, and his ex-wife hold more than Bt40 million in cash and government bonds, mostly in her name, the Department of Special Investigation said yesterday.

The big question now is why Oranuch Santayakorn, who lives as a nun in Suan Santitham, the monastery founded by Phra Pramote, has been allowed to manage the temple's finances virtually single-handedly.

The DSI launched a probe after some of the monk's followers complained that he misused temple donations.

"We're going to contact banks and financial institutions to check if the monk and the nun have other accounts in their names or the names of their close relatives," said Prawit Chaibuadaeng, head of the DSI operations centre in the East.

Suan Santitham is in Chon Buri, an eastern province.

Prawit said the lawyer for Suan Santitham first declared just seven bank accounts but under pressure disclosed the details of 15 more accounts.

"The lawyer has tried to explain that these bank accounts are personal. Donations to those accounts go to the monk, not the monastery," Prawit said.

Major benefactors will be contacted to see if they really wanted to give the money to the monk for his personal use, and not to the monastery.

Narat Sawettanan, deputy director-general of the DSI, said Phra Pramote had just one bank account in his name, while the rest were in Oranuch's name.

He could not comment on why the monk put the money in Oranuch's accounts pending the results of the investigation.

Thitinart na Phatthalung, a famous Dharma author and one of Phra Pramote's former followers who publicly exposed his allegedly suspicious conduct, said some of the monk's followers had made continual threats against her. But that did not bother her until an e-mail arrived on October 11 Monday telling her to watch out for her son's safety.

"I'm worried about my boy, so we're going to stay overseas for awhile," she said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-13

Prawit said the lawyer for Suan Santitham first declared just seven bank accounts but under pressure disclosed the details of 15 more accounts.

"The lawyer has tried to explain that these bank accounts are personal. Donations to those accounts go to the monk, not the monastery," Prawit said.

Major benefactors will be contacted to see if they really wanted to give the money to the monk for his personal use, and not to the monastery.

Narat Sawettanan, deputy director-general of the DSI, said Phra Pramote had just one bank account in his name, while the rest were in Oranuch's name.

So the ex-wife nun had 14 accounts to accept personal money for her ex-husband monk? :ermm:

It'll be interesting to find out if the people donating knew that or if they were under the impression that donating money into any of these 14 accounts was presumably for the temple.

I'm extremely disappointed at this news item. Of course I am not naive enough to believe this doesn't go on, but this will certainly have a knock on effect amongst those 'Willing' donations to 'temples in the making'. It certainly will mine.

Is nothing sacred in this country? No pun intended.

The gesture that you are willing to give is what counts, what actually happen with the money should be not much of your concerns nor does it matter, if you give you are the good guy. ( I mean it as i said it and not in an idiotic walking ATM sense)

Sad fact is that there a couple of bad apples around not using the money as promised or pretended. S#ht happens. But don't be worried it isn't your money anymore. You are the good guy.

Yashodhara, the wife of Buddha himself http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Yashodhara

Have you ever studied Buddhism? probably like the vast majority of Thai's the answer is NO

Ahhhr. The western esoteric "Buddhists" ... harharhar. More "real" Buddhist than the Pope is catholic and always ready to go anal about it.

Only them of course knowing everything better and much better as Thais of course (but don't get the simplest 'jokes')