Thai Ambassy In The Hague Does Not Give O Visa'S Anymore.

Does anybody know why the Thai ambassy in The Hague does not give multiply O visa's anymore?

They sent you to Amsterdam?>That's a consulate,.how strange.. bad service...

My friend went to The Hague for nothing.. I have to go next month...

Are there any differences in the paperwork you need?

Can't answer your first question but can answer the second one.

Just a month ago I went to the Thai consulate in Amsterdam to get a new multiple non-O visa.

Had the following docs.

The application form (downloaded from their website)

2 Passport sized photos

Copy of marriage certificate, make sure it's translated into either Dutch or English and a copy of my wife's ID card

Confirmed flight booking

I did not have my marriage certificate translated but the friendly lady at the desk accepted it with the note to have it translated for future application.

Applied on Thursday and collected it on Monday

Opened from 1000 to 1300 weekdays

Goodluck

• 4 weeks later...

Just a month ago I went to the Thai consulate in Amsterdam to get a new multiple non-O visa.

Had the following docs.

2 Passport sized photos

Copy of marriage certificate, make sure it's translated into either Dutch or English and a copy of my wife's ID card

Confirmed flight booking

I did not have my marriage certificate translated but the friendly lady at the desk accepted it with the note to have it translated for future application.

Goodluck

Do you need the (Thai) marriage certificate or the (Thai) marriage registration paper?

I am little confused about this.

I have copies of both.

I am going to apply for this visa early next year in Amsterdam. How is the service?

Why the need for a ticket? Can it be one-way?

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

Had the following docs.

2 Passport sized photos

Confirmed flight booking

Goodluck

Do you need the (Thai) marriage certificate or the (Thai) marriage registration paper?

I am little confused about this.

I have copies of both.

I am going to apply for this visa early next year in Amsterdam. How is the service?

Why the need for a ticket? Can it be one-way?

I got a multiple O from Amsterdam in about 10 minutes its was real easy all I had to give was a copy of my rental agreement in english i did tell them I had a thai daughter but did not have her birth certificate translated into english so i could not get it on that basis but she took it anyway as part of my application.

Easy

DK

Consulates are far friendlier because they're not staffed by Thais, but in this particular case, Dutch citizens.

I applied for a Tourist visa in Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and they gave me one with two journeys even though I didn't specify I wanted a double entry visa. Tram #16 from the Central Station passes the Consulate, so it's very easy to reach.

But allow two days before you go collect it.

post-101376-032670000 1286892996_thumb.p

From the original post in this topic:

Does anybody know why the Thai ambassy in The Hague does not give multiply O visa's anymore?

They sent you to Amsterdam?>That's a consulate,.how strange.. bad service...

My friend went to The Hague for nothing.. I have to go next month...

Are there any differences in the paperwork you need?

kalbo123, the problem with hearsay reports like yours is that they are of dubious accuracy. You were not there when your friend submitted his application in Amsterdam. You have no personal knowledge of what he applied for, what he wrote on the line "purpose of visit", whether he met the requirements listed on the website of the consulate for the visa he applied for.

In the Thailand Forum (only in Dutch language) there was this story too. "A new officer" in The Hague made new rules. People better go to the consulate in Amsterdam; there is Dutch staff. Show your income, your Thai bankbook, tickets, and pay the fee. Never heard of any problems. They have a website.