True Online - Technical Support

Digitalbanana

I've had a basic True online 599THB account (4mbps to be upgraded to 6mbps)for under two months and twice it's had downtime due to True. On two occasions the speed has dropped to below 1mbps or less for a 24 hour period or more and True has fixed it to work again after phoning them. However they like to point out on the phone that the technical support is free until the end of year suggesting it won't be later?

If I am paying for a 6mbps service I expect it to show on Speednet.net tests and don't expect to pay for tech support if they aren't providing. Normally Speednet.net shows a steady 6mbps but when it fails for reasons unknown to me True fixes it somehow, but I never see the tech guys or know whats been done. Should this be a worry? The support fees could end up higher than the basic plan if they ever start charging for return of normal service!

Well, you True customers better stop calling True technical support so much as apparently it's affecting their bottomline. ;)

Maybe True just hired a new customer support executive who came from the airlines industry. Airlines now days want to charge you for everything....I've heard rumors some airlines want to install pay toilets...buy your toilet tokens at the checkin counter.

are there technicians and engineers at True ? I thought that they were undergraduates of a Computer Course;

their best advice and suggestion to a problem (seems that they have only one); "try rebooting your computer and see whether the problem goes away"

are there technicians and engineers at True ? I thought that they were undergraduates of a Computer Course;

their best advice and suggestion to a problem (seems that they have only one); "try rebooting your computer and see whether the problem goes away"

That has never happened to me, but I usually start by telling them what the problem is and what I have done...

Martin

TRUE's technical support has always been free if the fault was outside the house (where the cable goes into the box).

We never had a problem inside the house but when there was a problem it was always somewhere along the line outside and was usually repaired within 24 hrs. even on weekends free of charge for us.

As for upgrade to 6Mbps:

We started out with 512Kbps which was upgraded to 1Mbps upon our request. Our current invoice still shows 1Mbps.

We did not bother to request the next upgrades to 2 and as of now 4 Mbps but they happened anyway still at the same price of 599.-/month.

I think we'll wait for now as well because they will eventually upgrade everybody anyway, rather than request it now and they rush to upgrade us without having the entire system in our area fully ready for the upgrade.

We are located in Tungkruh (Ratchaburana) BKK

opalhort