Jiaogulan

thaiherb

Hi folks

I've been using jiaogulan for several months now. I originally heard about it a couple of years ago when I was traveling in the San Francisco Bay area. At the time I was feeling pretty healthy so I wasn't much interested in the next miracle herb to hit the market. But six months ago I checked into the hospital and they told me I had high blood pressure and my blood sugar levels indicated that I would develop type 2 diabetes in the coming years.

I saw a Chinese medical doctor in town and he recommended Jiaogulan as a supplement. Now, I have made many changes to my lifestyle, including more exercise and a healthier diet. I have also been drinking jiaogulan tea in the morning and in the evening (i get it here organicjiaogulantea.com I can't say for sure what caused the change, but on my last visit to the hospital the doctor said that though I'm not in sterling shape, my condition has improved.

I think like anything else we should be skeptical of amazing claims, but there are alternative treatments that provide outcomes at least as good as western medicine. I think it is best to take the best from both worlds.

What do you think?

I have always been interested in supposed health-giving supplements tonics and potions, and as a wizened but wiser fellow, I can look back and regret all the money I wasted on these kind of things over many decades. I used to come back from Hong Kong laden with all kinds of tonics sold in the Chinese emporiums over there, plus of course all the mineral and vitamin supplements sold in the western health food shops on my trips to Europe. I can remember swallowing fresh Royal Jelly (which was delivered in dry ice) together with propolis and bee pollen every morning for a whole year - believing all the hype about the supposed 'wonderful benefits' therein.

I then had Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus Senticosus) sent from abroad which was hailed as the ultimate ‘adaptogen’ and immune booster (“as given to Russian cosmonauts”) and I won’t bore everybody with the rest of the long list of other things I tried, except to say that I drank Jiaogulan for a year, joined the ‘detox’ brigade, tried the silly colonics, supported the reflexology/massage fraternity, fasted regularly, gave up tea coffee and alcohol, etc. with the same results as all the rest – no difference, it was just as though I hadn’t taken or treated myself with anything at all, although I always liked to imagine the benefits.

My final silver-headed advice? Forget the hyped commercial health products unless you just enjoy the taste, or are really convinced of the benefits, and not just telling yourself that it is so. Think critically about so-called alternative therapies. Eat sensibly with a lot of fruit, veg, plus spices like turmeric and ginger, take plenty exercise, keep your weight down, help others as much as you can, value close friendships, laugh a lot, enjoy a generous glass of red wine or favourite tipple, think positively, and always be thankful for what you have, rather than regretting what you haven’t got.

In my opinion, this recipe is better than all the teas, supplements and health treatments put together.