How Differnt Is Burmese Imigration?

If I have a non imigrant O and have to leave the country every 3 months, What complications would I come accross if i left and re entered through Burma? I am closest to a point at Kanchanaburi a not so Major check point so could i do it there just the same? Or do i have to first go to the Burmese Embasey pay for a enterance visa then go to a specific check point?

The boarder crossing you are referring to is not for visa ruins. There are three at the time between Thailand and Myanmar for this purpose. Ranong about 300 kilometers north of Phuket. Mae Sot about 300 Kilometers north of you and Mae Sai about 100 kilometers north of Chiang Rai. Unfortunately Mae Sot has been closed for the past couple months and may very well be closed until after elections in Myanmar. For a visa ruin you do not need a visa for Myanmar.

If your in Kan then Mae Sot is an excellent crossing point.

Unfortunately as Gotlost says this crossing has been closed for several months but will hopefully reopen after the Burmese 'election' in early November.

Wifey and I usually make a long weekend of the trip as it's a really nice area to visit too.

Burmese immigration want 500bht in exchange for their entry and exit stamps.

Unfortunately as Gotlost says this crossing has been closed for several months but will hopefully reopen after the Burmese 'election' in early November.

Wifey and I usually make a long weekend of the trip as it's a really nice area to visit too.

Sounds like a plan! thanks ,

Sounds like a plan! thanks ,

It's a great plan when the crossing at Mae Sot is open, unfortunately the powers that be in Burma have deemed it necessary to close it for some time, probably until sometime in November, that's the current geusstimate anyway.

Easiest/nearest crossing is Cambodia for the time being.

I go a little further and use Chong Chom as it's quieter than the usual crossings and have some friends in Surin too.