Reputations

onnut

Reputations are meant for what? i am not sure.

there is a poster at the moment who seems to be getting on everyones nerves. theres a girl in the Avator! (clue) :ph34r:

I just took a look at her/his profile and noticed she/he has - 40 in red Reps! shouldnt she be banned by now?

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I have a guy on the motoring section that gives me a red if l say a word against MU7's :D.

But you are right, if the powers that be instigate a plus and minus system it soon becomes obvious that some people have a serious problem if they acquire loads of reds and perhaps should be looked at. :)

I disagree with that and here's why. Just ONE spiteful member can put any member deep into the red if the gives out his two reds each and everyday to the same member. That's over 700 reds per year which very few posters could offset with greens. Please think twice before giving much meaning to the reds OR greens.

Thanks Jingthing for giving me the idea of hounding you and putting you in the red 2 a day makes your reputation negative anyway :D

red green, god i feel like a bloody traffic light after reading this thread ! sad.gif

no but in all seriousness though, the only problem i have with the system is when you come across a thread where certain posters will act in a pack mentality and eventually start dishing out the reds left right and center, because they dont like what you have to say. you know the type, the ones that always think they are right whistling.gif its like being in a children's playground sometimes !

have to agree with boater too, dont generally hand out reds, on the basis that if i dont like something or agree with what someone has written, whats the point in handing out a red. your just going to get this poster/member on your case 24/7 for the rest of your tv existence. best just to try and put a good enough argument forward and hope they back down, just ignore them or just wind them up and take the mick. sometimes can be quite fun when you can see that they are getting more and more agitated by the way they word their response. biggrin.gif

must admit though that some are like a dog with a bone and just wont let go. rolleyes.gif

Edited by tigerfish
  • Like 2

It's handy that the points are not anonymous, so you can decide if the half-wit that gave the points is someone whose opinion you value, or someone whose half is quite different from your own.

Surprisingly, I've never picked up a red, (with the obvious exception of this post) despite ploughing my own furrow in the humour department - though to be fair, I think the only time I really incensed someone was before the rep system was implemented; anyway, I take that as vindication that my wording is as polite as I would like it to be. As an earlier poster said - why make an enemy? How many do you want? Its bad enough having half-wits for friends - so my acquaintances tell me.

And my apologies for being slightly stingy with the pats on the back; I suppose on the internet a polite smile and a nod isn't really enough...

SC

• Like 2

Okay, I'll bite and show my true credentials as an internet dinosaur.

How do you give out reds and greens and how do you know if you've got any?

Is it the little green + and red - "buttons at the bottom of every post?

As to the merits or otherwise of the system I neither use it, just in case you couldn't work that bit out, nor care. I state my opinion, if someone disagrees with it that's no problem, only rarely will I return and post any further arguement.

If someone posts something I disagree with I'll sometimes reply stating my opinion but most often I'll just leave it at that.

I've no time for this stupid "yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't.........." crap.

• Like 2

I think it funny how some topics draw a red/green foray were reputations are won or dashed and all for saying the wrong thing to the wrong TV subscriber, (and his/her posse) I am still trying to see if a pattern of “Mob membership” is developing. I think a high number of red or green on a person’s profile tells you one thing, he/she’s is posting and people are reading it.

What about freedom of speech. Varying opinions are what make discussion interesting.

You should really concern yourself with other things.

Bingo!! And it's also way too easy for a pack to gang up on one person they may take issue with especially with Pm's.. I've got one stalker in particular who act like a vindictive child redding every post I make just because well............................He's a vindictive child.... And before you get your undies all bunched up T/A it isn't you..But he is one of your tunnel visioned, faithful cronies..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Okay, I'll bite and show my true credentials as an internet dinosaur.

How do you give out reds and greens and how do you know if you've got any?

Is it the little green + and red - "buttons at the bottom of every post?

As to the merits or otherwise of the system I neither use it, just in case you couldn't work that bit out, nor care. I state my opinion, if someone disagrees with it that's no problem, only rarely will I return and post any further arguement.

If someone posts something I disagree with I'll sometimes reply stating my opinion but most often I'll just leave it at that.

I've no time for this stupid "yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't.........." crap.

Yes and that is your prerogative but what is being advocated is that if you choose not to participate as you do but others disagree with your opinion and decide to lambaste you with reds you should be banned, and that's unacceptable..

• Like 1

:D I have a guy on the motoring section that gives me a red if l say a word against MU7's :D.

But you are right, if the powers that be instigate a plus and minus system it soon becomes obvious that some people have a serious problem if they acquire loads of reds and perhaps should be looked at. :)

I disagree with that and here's why. Just ONE spiteful member can put any member deep into the red if the gives out his two reds each and everyday to the same member. That's over 700 reds per year which very few posters could offset with greens. Please think twice before giving much meaning to the reds OR greens.

Oooopps! Yeah what he said..... But you left out childish in the description, I've given out and will continue to give out greens to posters I have had a general dislike for and disagreements with who have posted a response that was still worthy of one, think I've had reciprocation once before and certainly not by my stalker..

Before it gets posted the response is obvious...

Edited by WarpSpeed

What about freedom of speech. Varying opinions are what make discussion interesting.

Bingo!! And it's also way too easy for a pack to gang up on one person they may take issue with especially with Pm's.. I've got one stalker in particular who act like a vindictive child redding every post I make just because well............................He's a vindictive child.... And before you get your undies all bunched up T/A it isn't you..

I think your fond of Bingo. You use the Bingo word a lot on different stuff. Me, played it once at the sea side, didn't win anything. I suspect you have, own up, fury teddy, cup and saucer. Come on. tell all. :D

I'm going to meander a little bit off-topic; In the Uk, bingo is actually one of the slowest ways to squander a fortune; the returns on bingo are much higher than horse-racing, bandits, or worst of all, the football pools (am I showing my age here?). Its also one of the most tedious, but its a cheap vice for aged people who enjoy gossip and passive smoking. I used to go to the bingo six nights a week, and I consistently came out a few quid ahead, but I worked there. I couldn't imagine why anyone would pay money to endure that tedium, and worse still, have to concentrate while doing so. Having said that, they've probably banned smoking in bingo halls, which would eliminate bingo's last redeeming feature...

SC

You should try and remember some of your posts, where your slating the points system and stating you couldnt care less about them, yet here you are moaning about people give out reds etc etc, try to post less rubbish and you might get less reds.

• Like 2

Bingo!! And it's also way too easy for a pack to gang up on one person they may take issue with especially with Pm's.. I've got one stalker in particular who act like a vindictive child redding every post I make just because well............................He's a vindictive child.... And before you get your undies all bunched up T/A it isn't you..

I think your fond of Bingo. You use the Bingo word a lot on different stuff. Me, played it once at the sea side, didn't win anything. I suspect you have, own up, fury teddy, cup and saucer. Come on. tell all. :D

T/A have I given you any greens lately? It seems to mean more to your ego then most so here ya go :rolleyes: after all it means your the bees knees, the poster queen, the......... Ermm never mind, point made...

I have to say I didnot know a thing about this reputation thing till this thread. So I looked mine up out of cuiousity. I had all green till the last two which where red and the topic was one that I simply gave a suggestion to on how to get a moving van. Go figure huh.

• Like 2

I think it funny how some topics draw a red/green foray were reputations are won or dashed and all for saying the wrong thing to the wrong TV subscriber, (and his/her posse) I am still trying to see if a pattern of "Mob membership" is developing. I think a high number of red or green on a person's profile tells you one thing, he/she's is posting and people are reading it.

You make a very good point in the closing remarks of your post.