Irish Music

phantomfiddler

Is there anyone out there in Pattaya who would be interested in getting together to play irish music ? Preferably someone who is reasonably proficient on fiddle, flute, tenor banjo, tin whistle, mandolin, whatever. There are a few people out there who play hillbilly music, but no-one seems to be into the irish. Anyone remotely interested give me a call on 089 248 4422.

I asked that question about two years ago and the answer seemed to be "No". Posts that contain the phrase "Best Sunday roast in Pattaya" or "Beach Road" tend to attract a lot more replies.

I've been playing the Uilleann pipes in Pattaya for the past two years and guitar for considerably longer than that.

I asked that question about two years ago and the answer seemed to be "No". Posts that contain the phrase "Best Sunday roast in Pattaya" or "Beach Road" tend to attract a lot more replies.

I've been playing the Uilleann pipes in Pattaya for the past two years and guitar for considerably longer than that.

Sorry I omitted Uillean pipes, I must have figured the chances of anyone playing them around here were so remote it never entered my mind. Where are you, are you working 9 to 5, do you have transport, and how can me make contact ?

Sorry I omitted Uillean pipes, I must have figured the chances of anyone playing them around here were so remote it never entered my mind. Where are you, are you working 9 to 5, do you have transport, and how can me make contact ?

Sent you a PM.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this I'd say don't make the mistake of thinking that Irish music is just jigs and reels and only played by people who were born and raised in the Emerald Isle. Go to YouTube and look for The Orthodox Celts (Serbian Irish Music) or Delhi2Dublin (Indian Irish Music) for instance. This is World Music. If you can play an instrument then think about giving it a go.

• 3 months later...

Would love to play some jigs and reels with you or anyone else out there. Unfortunately I'm in Bangkok... please PM me if you're ever headed to the capital!

I play guitar. Can do melody or backup. Also interested in jamming with anyone who plays bluegrass or old time.

Would love to play some jigs and reels with you or anyone else out there. Unfortunately I'm in Bangkok... please PM me if you're ever headed to the capital!

I play guitar. Can do melody or backup. Also interested in jamming with anyone who plays bluegrass or old time.

Maybe you will have to move to Pattaya :D