Google Add Words

Tornado

With the google addwords down the right side of this forum, how does it help a website? higher placement on google? what are the bonuses for having it there?

I actually like the new page set up with it on.

With the google addwords down the right side of this forum, how does it help a website? higher placement on google? what are the bonuses for having it there?

I actually like the new page set up with it on.

Darknight should be able to help you here.Take a look at his blog. :o

I was used to it too, took less than a day. Any extra revenue generated to support the forum, as a member, I'm all for it. Ensures longevity, enhancements and provides for a great places to play, exchange views and info etc.

I'm just waiting for the first serious whinger...if it were my choice, would ban em and tell em to go set up their own 'free' site with thousands of members. Then, they would be qualified to critique :o

They are PPC (pay-per-click) ads. Every time someone clicks one of the links, Google charges money from the respective advertiser. Part of that money is then given to this website (even though Google doesn't tell exactly how large a share is given to publishers). Visibility is essentially free - no clicks, no money.

I think it's actually easier to read now that the lines are a bit shorter... My monitor is quite wide.

Krit - Qualified Google Adwords Professional :o

I'm not a fan. With 3 rows of ads at the top, the ads are now crowding out the content. If the Google adwords were removed from the top, it would make the whole page format far more readable and I could live with the column.

You (whoever's doing this) may be following tips from the Dev Shed or similar on experimenting to increase adword clicks. However I've noticed the DevShed's own format has been heavily criticised elsewhere as being so crowded with further promotions that one needs to scroll to find the content. That's fine for content indexing, cos they don't index their own adverts, but it's not great for newcomers trying to find answers. In the short term it might push up profits, in the long term it may well slow membership growth, which is what gets you so highly ranked in the first place. Don't forget that Google's own website wiped out the competition purely on the basis of having NO adverts.

Anyway, if you do keep the column, please with sugar on top redo the page layout so that it's split at the beginning of the page load, instead of loading the whole page then resizing the content to make room for the adword column. In other words, currently I find myself reading 2 or 3 posts, then have everything jump about so that the text under my eye disappears off the page... And if you're doing that, you might quickly fix up a few formatting problems for Firefox users. :o

We are experimenting with different ad placements, and we are also fixing/working with the HTML to be more effective.

Thread closed, see our TOS:

Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

/Admin